EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2015, 11:30 PM   #181
Kaitheel

Developer

Yeah, there were issues with it for certain. Once I saw what it was doing on Beta, and how it was behaving with players I knew that change wasn't the best. Instead of the fathomlurkers turning into actors (and then sometimes getting stuck that way) they are just going to lock in battle with the miners.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:59 PM   #182
Sigrdrifa

Earlier today, most of the Splitiron Mine fathomlurkers were non-aggro, but that appears to have changed, they were all pretty much aggro when I just flew through. Fathomlurkers occur in other places as well, though, the Abyssal Chasm is full of them.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:02 AM   #183
Kuulei

I just was working on the quest and asked to kill 8, I had to wait re-spawn and I was the only person in the mine o_O
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:07 AM   #184
Kaitheel

Developer

That may be because my latest changes are not on Beta, yet.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-12-2015, 02:09 AM   #185
Kaitheel

Developer

List of upcoming changes:
  • Mining Your Business - Fathomlurkers now lock in combat with the miners, and do not turn actor.
  • Maldura Hath a Fury - Collecting ore gorgelets is now a group update.
  • Another One Bites the Rock - The metamorphic rock no longer has cursor icon confusion.
  • Another One Bites the Rock - Yet more crag gorgers are present and they respawn faster now.
I don't know when these changes will be on Beta, but they'll be called out in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-12-2015, 02:11 AM   #186
Xianthia

NVM meant to post on Maldura quest thread Eek
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:20 AM   #187
Xavega

Not sure if I'm in the right spot to be posting this but I ran into an interesting issue with the quest "Fuels are Forever."

Me and a friend were doing the tradeskill quest line together and I had them gather all the components first. But when I went and waited for the 'respawns' of those components, namely the gear & solvent, nothing ever reappeared. I waited for a full hour hoping something would show up. When that failed I ungrouped and restarted the game entirely thinking that would be enough to reset whatever it was that could be blocking the respawn cycle with nothing to show for my efforts.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #188
Xianthia

Is there a running list somewhere for the markable spots in Thalumbra? I found three spots and then looked on wikia and noticed they had spots that I'd not found.

Is there a markable spot per area (e.g. Stoneheart Yards, Savage Spires, Luminous Peaks, etc Smile)
Old 11-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #189
Sigrdrifa

The list so far is at http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Thalumbral_Trailblazing
Old 11-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #190
Sigrdrifa

Quest: More Briny Shell Smell

The target circles for placing the brine around the Abandoned Fungus Farm are not the white target circles: instead they show the red flame-like effect that you got when you did the original version of the quest, A Briny Shell Smell. They're a bit hard to see this way, was this intended?

EDIT: After I swapped back to the game after typing the above, the circle I had just updated had changed from the flame to the white ring. I was able to click it and get another update on the quest, whereupon it turned back into the red flame effect.

EDIT 2: When I started to move around the farm to do the other brine, the remainder of the spots were all white rings. The weird spot was around (934.16, 38.99, 260.28). I'll do it a few more times and see if it's just this one spot.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #191
Xianthia

Each time that I've done this quest, the first set of circles have been white. Once you click on them, then they become that red glowy graphic. Are you saying they are red before you click them? I did quest yesterday (literally yesterday) and was the same way as it's been all along.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #192
Sigrdrifa

I just tried to recreate it, and now all the spots are white rings. I guess it was some momentary glitch, but weird.

EDIT: I wonder what happens if there's more than one person doing this quest simultaneously (each solo).
Old 11-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #193
Xianthia

They
They are still white rings, I did on two characters, not grouped. I've also done grouped and still white.
(btw) It's not a group update so have to individually click for updates.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #194
Sigrdrifa

Still working on Verna Amanita's repeatable quests:
  • Still Thin Around the Gills
  • Still A Fun Guy
  • More Briny Shell Smell
  • More Spore Sport
  • Even Oozier Food
I have found that it's really not a good idea to do the same one over and over, because you run out of targets. If one person repeating these quests is running out of spawns, it will be much worse if lots of people are doing it.

My answer today is to mix it up, giving each target set time to respawn, but normally I'd do the same one ten times, then the next (I know, it's weird). And I worry about the number of targets come Launch.

Oozes seem to be pretty available, but you'll have to check come launch to see if the spawn rate really is high enough. Umbrine terrors and cepholex, maybe add more, or increase spawn rate? The rancid spores for "Fun Guy" weren't too bad, but they could probably use a little faster respawn as well.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #195
Sigrdrifa

Quest More Briny Shell Smell. This version asks for 5 umbrine terrors, but you're placing brine at 6 locations around the farm. I'm pretty sure it was 6/6 in A Briny Shell Smell. Should this be 6 terrors?
Old 11-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #196
Sigrdrifa

Also reported as /typo. The quest "Let My People Go" has the following quest text: "A mysterious ironblood myconid by the name of Verna Amanita has asked for my aid in securing his home back from invading forces! Now that you have secured the area he has asked that you help bring his people over to the new home so they can spread their clan to the new farm and ensure their survival!"

Change of pronoun from "asked for my aid" to "Now that you". Either these should all be 1st person, or 2nd person, consistently, for ex. "Now that I've secured the area he has asked me to help..."
Old 11-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #197
Kaitheel

Developer

They are group updates as of today's update!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #198
Xianthia

Oh nice! Thank you for the change Smile
Old 11-12-2015, 10:23 PM   #199
Kaitheel

Developer

Hmm... after looking into it I can explain what you experienced. When you click on the white ring to "spread the shells" the white ring turns into a red flame. Everyone on the quest sees this change, and it lasts for 60 seconds. So, if its been less than 60 sec since the last time the spot was clicked it will still be red. The good news is that it doesn't stop you from clicking the spot or stop your quest from updating.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #200
Kaitheel

Developer

Interesting... I'll see what can be done.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-12-2015, 10:50 PM   #201
Sigrdrifa

Also reported as /typo. On "Lore and Legend: Fathomlurker", the displayed screen text incorrectly reads: "This item can be used to learn the secrets of the Awakened aerakyn. Do you wish to study it?"

S/b "secrets of the fathomlurkers".
Old 11-13-2015, 01:47 AM   #202
Kaitheel

Developer

Hahaha! Copy pasta fail.

It was that way on all of the new Lore & Legend items. I've got a fix for that coming.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-13-2015, 02:00 AM   #203
Kaitheel

Developer

The next list of changes headed to Beta:
  • Thin Around the Gills - There are now more cepholex.
  • Fun Guy - Rancid spores respawn faster now.
  • A Briny Shell Smell - There are now more Umbrine terrors.
  • A Briny Shell Smell - The number of umbrite terrors and brine now match.
  • Spore Sport - Healthy spores respawn faster now.
  • Oozey Food - Ooze respawn faster now.
  • Return to the Pillars - Invisible assailants now lose aggro when you, your merc, or pet are teleported away.
I do not know when these changes will be on Beta, but they should be included with the update notes at that time.
~ Kaitheel
Old 11-13-2015, 02:15 AM   #204
Sigrdrifa

I have 50K Ironblood myconid faction. Why are the mushroom men still aggro?
Old 11-13-2015, 02:28 AM   #205
Sigrdrifa

I finally, barely, managed to actually complete Swimming for Shrooms just now. The shrooms are still very hard to see. If they can't be made bigger, or higher contrast, maybe put more of them out there?

Also, it's just purely sadistic to put a school of young flesh rippers right at the natural point where one would jump into the water from the abandoned cart. Less geared or lower DPS folks might have a problem with those.

EDIT: I turned in the mushrooms and got my reward:

(1447381528)[Thu Nov 12 20:25:28 2015] You receive 1 Platinum, 53 Gold, 9 Silver for completing Swimming For Shrooms.

Then I went and ran all over Thalumbra with Tyshgwyn hunting aberrants. Then, finally, just as I arrived at the gates of Maldura I got these messages:

(1447382120)[Thu Nov 12 20:35:20 2015] #FFFF00The crate falls apart!
(1447382120)[Thu Nov 12 20:35:20 2015] #FFFF00Oh no! You couldn't save all the mushroom caps before they dissolved!

I'd done the crate quest not quite an hour earlier:

(1447379350)[Thu Nov 12 19:49:10 2015] #F781F3Deliver the crate to the platform above before it falls apart!

Edit 2: This quest should run a counter, much like the seagull and truffle hunt quests in AoM. The quest text showing in the journal has a 0/10, but never increments it. To know how many shrooms I've picked up, I drag one to a hotbar so I can see the number of them.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:15 AM   #206
Sigrdrifa

I concur. The first time I did this quest, I had a couple of other people competing with me for the slickstone ore. However, right now I am the only person anywhere near and I'm still going very slowly on repops. Seems like last time ore was also popping in the wheelbarrows and mining carts, but I haven't seen any tonight.

It took me a little more than 15 minutes to get 12 updates with just one person down here.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:42 AM   #207
Sigrdrifa

Also reported as /typo. In the quest Preservation Fragmentation, the screen message tells me to "Pick-up" Thaeneni's staff. Remove the hyphen. (A "pick-up" is what a redneck drives, "pick up" is the action of getting or lifting something).
Old 11-13-2015, 06:19 AM   #208
Sigrdrifa

Why does Zeen Corblecog even have the quests, "Leech Slime Will Do Fine" and "Get the Glasstone"?They reward a small amount of cash and no faction... I'm not sure how much they serve the storyline, either, since we already had agreed that she's parked by the portal to keep it running. These would have more urgency if NOT doing them eventually made it impossible to use the portal.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:37 AM   #209
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Culling the Time Away. Before I spend a lot of time repeating this quest... (does math)... 51 more times to get my Zou'Lidelas faction to 40K, is there any point in doing so for Beta? I had a suspicion about the Ironblood Myconid faction and was proved right, there was another quest at the end of the repetitions. Is there any reason other than being a completionist to grind Zou'Lidelas faction?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:46 AM   #210
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Lore and Legend: Poxfiend is level 80 instead of level 100. Is that intentional?