EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #91
Nelie

Quest: Shattered Seas: Dark Forest of Legends

I have completed all of the quests given on the docks area for the Far Seas Traders. I did the first quest in the Teir'Dal village and Destora will not offer me a 2nd quest (with or without the illusion on). I went back to check every single npc possible to hail at the dock and no quest was offered at all (again, tried with and without the illusion on). As far as Destora, she will go through dialog like she will give me a second quest but no quest is offered at the end of the dialog.

Neither step of "Continue to inquire about the Teir'Dal village and help the Far Seas Traders" or "Continue to investigate the Teir'Dal village" will complete and the questline is at a screeching halt unless there is a secrete quest I am not finding.
Nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #92
Shiloh

Quest: Deino-bite. Its very, very, VERY few of the clickies, and most of them gives you a failure to spawn a steam worm.
Quest: Ceremonial Vestments and Condiments. The illusion doesnt make the Allu'thoa non-aggro so cant really infiltrate anything in their camp.
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #93
Phee

did you try looking on the hillsides towards the ocean? when i did this they were everywhere.. at first i didnt think there were many at all because i was looking only on the top level.. but figured out most of them are on lower levels.
Phee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:32 AM   #94
Snookers

Ok I completed Shattered seas: Dark threats, and took the hidden boat to Kithicor dock, but there's no new quests there. I tried hailing all the npc's in case just the feathers were missing but I get nothing, any idea how I continue to progress the sig line?
Snookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #95
Rains

Yay I got tho the tradeskill questline finally and ran another toon tho it without a bug good job SOE.
I am stuck on 1 quest, I hear that nuwat will be fixed soon so np there ,on the othere sig line . I am on the mob named in the castle I know theres a way to beat this encounter but I still haven't found the correct order to kill the named if any one finds what color order would be gald to hear, so far she has a red glow but the red orb only teleports me to her, the yellow just knocks me back and the blue isi't clicky because I clicked it frist, stuck at 91% gotta be a way to kill um !
Rains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #96
Tyanu

I can find no quests in Phantom Seas. I have talked to everyone I can find and nothing except for the tradeskill line. Can anyone give me the name of the first quest giver? Maybe I missed something =(
Tyanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #97
Snookers

I finally got mine to progress, right on the Kithicor dock there is an npc named opal darkbriar, she has no feather but once I hailed she became active. Hope this helps some one else.
Snookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #98
Nelie

So far I am the only person with this bug, devs please look into this.
Nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #99
Kalika

I had to stop my beta testing since i'm stalled there, it seems that i'm not the only one.

As far as i understand this also stop the progression of the main questtline, so no mount for me ;-)
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #100
Kaitheel

Developer

Thanks again for all of the testing you all have been doing! The reports and posts are definitely helping us!

Here's the latest bug fixes for quests that have been submitted, involving Phantom Sea:
  • Shattered Seas: Called to Qeynos Castle - Map region in Qeynos Capitol District is now highlighted.
  • Shattered Seas: Summoned to Dethknell Citadel - Map region in Freeport is now highlighted.
  • Bone Removal - Quest journal now has full text.
  • Battlefield Relief - Quest journal now has full text.
  • Over the Walls of Highhold - Quest journal now has full text.
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - Entering "Ssraeshza Temple: Shadow of Luclin" now properly updates the quest.
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - Entering the Grey Gate Room now updates for all group members.
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - The portal within the Grey Gate Room should now be seen and targetable, after proper progression.
  • Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa - There are no longer two versions of Gloska or Murrar on the Isle of Refuge.
  • Shattered Seas: Dark Forest of Legend - Heathryn Icepike now only progresses quest when you have accepted "Coggin Body Shots.'
  • Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa - Nuwat now has the correct quest icon, while at the dock.
They are not on the Beta server, yet. I do not know when they will be there, but they are on the way.

More fixes to come!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #101
Kaitheel

Developer

Depending on your alignment, you should see either Murrar Shar (Qeynos) or Tamm Gloryday (Freeport) on the dock.

Tamm may not have a quest icon (making her easier to miss), but that is a bug and will be resolved.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2014, 01:27 AM   #102
Kaitheel

Developer

You may get better advise from your fellow testers by posing this question in the Castle Highhold dungeon thread. They might not see it here.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #103
Kaitheel

Developer

That does help! I'll be sure to get that quest icon working on her & Tamm Gloryday.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2014, 02:05 AM   #104
Kaitheel

Developer

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered an issue with Dark Forest of Legends. After some investigation, it looks like if you jumped out of her dialogue after her first quest, and didn't accept her second one, she just kept trying to offer her first one again. Which you can't accept, as you've already done it. No wonder you had troubles! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #105
Keedahm

How about some love in Tranquil Sea questline. We are stuck with the pygmies....
Keedahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:11 AM   #106
Kaitheel

Developer

I am not the designer working on the pygmy quest lines, Keedahm. But they are doing what they can to diagnose and resolve the reported issues.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2014, 02:13 AM   #107
Keedahm

Good to know...thanks!
Keedahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:05 AM   #108
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes have been completed, though I do not know when they will be updated on Beta. They should be included in the update notes:
  • Shattered Seas: Dark Threats on Dshinn - Tamm Gloryday & Opal Darkbriar have the proper quest icon for evil aligned players when offering this quest.
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - Entering the Grey Gate Room now updates the quest. (I mean it this time!)
  • Body of Work - Destora J'Narus will now offer this quest, for those in the proper illusion, even if you had originally declined the quest.
  • Deino-bite! - steam wurm mud mounds should now be easier to spot.
  • Deino-bite! - Chances of getting a steam wurm from the mud mounds should be much greater.
  • Caustic Collection - Chances of obtaining a caustic crystal should be much greater.
  • Battlefield relief - Highhold defenders and their risen attackers should respawn faster.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-19-2014, 04:13 AM   #109
Kalika

When the mob goes up one color is associated to him, the sentence use that color, the mob is surrounded by that color. You need to click primary color (orb) making that color ... ie green boss= use yellow and blue (as example). This port you to the mob, he is immune up there, you need to destroy his plateform ... Once platerform had been destroyed mob drops down and you can damage him till he summons another plateform.On top name is going to throw dark some (luclin) and if don't pick up them some weak add will spawn
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #110
Xray

Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom

After defeating the zone (Ssraeshza Temple: Shadow of Luclin), Dargan gets in a bubble and you cannot interact with him for the update you need. Please address this.
Xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #111
Rainmare

Me and my friend just tried to do the Sig quest Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom where you zone into the Ssraeshza Temple: Shadow of Luclin, and no update upon zoning in. we tried do it individually, no luck, tried deleting and regetting the quest, also no luck.
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #112
thulia

Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom doesn't uptade upon entering the Ssraeshza Temple: Shadow of Luclin
thulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #113
Kaitheel

Developer

Ah! That was caused by the same issue that was found on Saturday. The fix for it should be on Beta server later today!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #114
Kraeref

Cannot loot trinkets from small chests for a quest Raw Materials. Now stuck on it and cannot progress. Need help urgently. Also bugged in beta but no reply. Thanks
Kraeref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #115
Kraeref

Cannot edit the previous post. In trying to loot I get a red message saying "You are too busy to loot right now"
I believe it started after a beta patch with shinies
Old 10-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #116
Rainmare

well so far haven't seen any patching for Beta but keeping my fingers crossed there will be one to fix the temple of doom quest Smile
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:37 AM   #117
Kraeref

You are lucky waiting on Temple of doom I am stuck on stupid raw materials. I really would like to get a mount reward but right now it looks like it will never happen
Old 10-21-2014, 04:11 AM   #118
Shonshazzitt

Well So far I am upto 80 (and yes I was counting) crystals and and 4 successful gathers on that Caustic Collection quest, about to skip it til I get stuck for not progressing it... sighs
Shonshazzitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:15 AM   #119
Shonshazzitt

So I thought to myself, self, why not try a /camp to myself, so i did that, and i was able to get the last 4 i needed within about 8 of them, any more of those crystal harvesting..... =P
Shonshazzitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #120
Ellerz

I seem to be having this same problem, is there any way to get around this? Or do we need to wait for it to be patched in?
Ellerz is offline   Reply With Quote