EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #31
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:

EDIT: Ooh! One more thing...it's been so long since I actually registered to post on the forums (way back when, when great wooly mammals ruled the Earth), I'll probably need a refresher course ... nowadays, I login with my Station info, but after that, will there be a nice, simple walk-through for us old farts to get us through the new process? ;->

After you login (will be just like here) it will ask what you want your forum handle to be. That's it! You can check out the process over on the EQ1 forums: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php

Thanks! I'm sure it'll work more smoothly once everything's been hashed out on Friday (crossing fingers). Friday, when? 12:01 am PST, or like 8:00 am after an hour downtime to establish it all, or...?

And will there be some way to get back here to Ye Olde Pages to see the read-only stuff still? I imagine so ... and for those concerned about getting/keeping their old handles, I understand there's a way to contact tech support about it, especially if there seems to be someone delibrately claim-jumping for nefarious purposes.

Uwk

Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #32
PsiaMeese

Loremaster

Once we have registered our new handle, we will be able to post as character name as we can swap between currently?

PsiaMeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 AM   #33
Mysstie
Server: Oasis
Guild: Elysian Storm

Loremaster

So when will the proverbial switch be flicked? Well, I guess it's not the 9th yet in SoE land. 30 minutes to go LOL.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #34
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:

And will there be some way to get back here to Ye Olde Pages to see the read-only stuff still? I imagine so ... and for those concerned about getting/keeping their old handles, I understand there's a way to contact tech support about it, especially if there seems to be someone delibrately claim-jumping for nefarious purposes.

Uwk

Temporarily. I believe on EQ's they said they'd keep the old ones up for at least 2 months. edit: Ah, here it is for ours, same thing:

Dexella wrote:

1. We will be archiving the old forums as read-only for a period of at least several months (several being more than two). This should allow everyone plenty of time to retreive what they want and need from the old forums. We are NOT going to keep them forever, but we'll provide 30 days notice before we do take them offline. For EverQuest II, the only part of the old forums that will remain open will be the Chains of Eternity Beta forums. You will be able to continue to post your feedback in the Beta forums through expansion launch. At that time, they will transition to read-only like the rest of the old forums. 

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

So when is this happening today?

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #36
Calthine

ZAM EQII

When they get around to it SMILEY

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote