EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Classes (CoE Beta) > Scout
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
Vifarc

Loremaster

Lethlian wrote:

2) We don't run faster then anyone else is capable of in game now thanks to whatnot.

3) Protection AA's? allot defensive choices to me. we can equip bucklers too!? seriously G T F O with that garabage. If you wanted to tank so badly go play a tank and use your bow on your tank and take your charms of SoW and totems of stealth and run around on your 130 speed ground mound and pretend to be a ranger that way. Also please tell me then "oh tank of norrath" where's all of our taunts? 

4) your truly the one who does not know what he wants, let alone you seem to not know what class to even begin to play as by your logic. 

2) We can run faster, with all whatnot you say. But I agree with you we should have now more AAs to run even faster (or smarter if possible) than others.

3) I know that what is not DPS is garbage for you. I'm not a Ranger to be top DPS, but to be able to do the most things: shooting, running, stealth, melee, etc, I miss the small heal, the water-breathing, the tiny damage-shield of EQ1. Our taunts are made mainly before melee: with our bow (and poisons)... I know we're not the best tanks, but we can be usefull in groups if one is missing, with proper stats and items, and player skill.

4) I want to be who can go the farther by his owns means in dangerous area: that's the Ranger, with his stealth, run, etc. I want to be the most jack-of-all-trade, the swiss-cutter who'll help in any situation. With his bow and all (and I like tanking, that's why my alt is a pally).

So, I hope there will be some Prestige who'll help me in my rangerish. If there is only DPS, I'm not interested.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #32
Neiloch

Loremaster

EDIT: Nevermind.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #33
lodgepark8485

Loremaster

Give rangers a Raid wide buff that increases everyones attack range by 5!!! SMILEY Im serious!

lodgepark8485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #34
Twyxx

Guardian

lodgepark8485 wrote:

Give rangers a Raid wide buff that increases everyones attack range by 5!!! Im serious!

Be fun to use an exothermic lifestone and mess up everyone's parse.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #35
lodgepark8485

Loremaster

Right or wrong thatd be a very sought after buff for a raid on par with assassins HP debuffs and its not a game breaker.  Fits with the lore of a ranger and everything.  Maybe not 5 but like a raid field of battle buff only better.  Mages might not care but healers n scouts would love it.

lodgepark8485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #36
Landiin

Loremaster

That and inc the DR % of the new prestige but IDK how that fits into ranger lore, but at this point do they/we even care about class lore?

Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #37
Neiloch

Loremaster

I still like my idea of a debuff that causes all attackers to receive a damage bonus when attacking the target. Its actually quite common for ranger/archer archetypes in MMO's and games in general. Its more overt and less cryptic than an accuracy buff or defense debuff. 'if this ranger debuff is on the mob, everyone will absolutely do more damage to it' Simple, effective, and straightforward. No confusion.

It should either replace 'Double Arrow' EoF endline or be added to Snipe/Crippling Arrow.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #38
jjlo69

Loremaster

right side got some love today needs to be tested of course...

jjlo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #39
Lethlian

Lord

I'm not sure I would really call that love tbh.

All they did was now add storm of arrows to the faster reuse / 1 second cast club.

Oh wow, we now have mircale shot 2.0 in the form of an aoe CA.

I forgot where I was supposed to feel loved, and all warmmy and fuzzy on the inside. This update was weak and assuming that barrage of arrows and storm of arrows will equal out to be greater then anything the left side has to offer is just us tricking ourselves into thinking we actually got something with today's patch notes, which was honestly nothing when you seriously stop and think about the benefits of the left versus the right even still.

The right side is some type of sudeo pipe dream that the game will turn into this perfect world of everything from now till the end of time will be the perfect ranger AOE encouter w e t dream.

And to think that for a mili-second I got excited about seeing *rangers* in an update note. SOE once again successfully trolling me for the uptenth time now.

-Lethlian

Lethlian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #40
jjlo69

Loremaster

Lethlian wrote:

I'm not sure I would really call that love tbh.

All they did was now add storm of arrows to the faster reuse / 1 second cast club.

Oh wow, we now have mircale shot 2.0 in the form of an aoe CA.

I forgot where I was supposed to feel loved, and all warmmy and fuzzy on the inside. This update was weak and assuming that barrage of arrows and storm of arrows will equal out to be greater then anything the left side has to offer is just us tricking ourselves into thinking we actually got something with today's patch notes, which was honestly nothing when you seriously stop and think about the benefits of the left versus the right even still.

The right side is some type of sudeo pipe dream that the game will turn into this perfect world of everything from now till the end of time will be the perfect ranger AOE encouter w e t dream.

And to think that for a mili-second I got excited about seeing *rangers* in an update note. SOE once again successfully trolling me for the uptenth time now.

-Lethlian

ive had a chance to toy with it the changes already and overall i this set of changes helped the right side. rapid salvo still needs to be effected by killing spree or the damage raised to compensate if it not going to be effected. and the other aspect of it as mention in the orgion post still needs it damage increased as well.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #41
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I still like my idea of a debuff that causes all attackers to receive a damage bonus when attacking the target. Its actually quite common for ranger/archer archetypes in MMO's and games in general. Its more overt and less cryptic than an accuracy buff or defense debuff. 'if this ranger debuff is on the mob, everyone will absolutely do more damage to it' Simple, effective, and straightforward. No confusion.

It should either replace 'Double Arrow' EoF endline or be added to Snipe/Crippling Arrow.

Yea, I like the idea too and it fits into the ranger lore of weaking the target.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #42
Twyxx

Guardian

Here's a full new Sleeper's Tomb x4 raid with all nameds merged:

Group was Bruiser, Defiler, Dirge, Coercer, Ranger, Templar.

Spec was left side with 3 in Arrow Rain. (1 in burning, 3 in damage reduction)

So, Blazing Shot, Burning, and Flaming Weapons combined for 5% of my parse.  Flaming Assault is going to be up at best 30%ish of the time.  Easy to keep it closer to 50% on a dummy, but dummies don't move.

Blazing Weaponry seems nice, was same as Buffratx did on Truespirit Energy for beastlord.  Erollsi's Heartseeker is similar to Swash's Daring Attack or Chilling Claws, maybe a little less than Assassin's hemotoxin.  So, those are okay.  The damage reduction seems easy to keep up most the time.  On new content that could come in handy if it's challenging. 

If that's all the firepower that left side gives then damage reduction is the only thing that would make me consider left over double conversion.  Not that double conv is great for us cause Hidden Assault cast time sucks, but at least I'm not hitting a CA every 7.1 seconds to make sure the prestige line has any value. 

There were enough adds around in Sleeper's Tomb that double conversion would likely outparse left side and be less intrusive to current cast order.

Right side still needs more improvement..either drop the cast time on Rapid Salvo (preferred) or bump the damage more.  Adding Storm to endline was nice addition tho.  Really should add Hidden Assault to that tho so it's worth ever casting.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #43
Twyxx

Guardian

Ranger

Blazing Weapons' damage has been reduced by 25%.

Erolissi's Heartseeker's damage has been increased by 25%.

Burning's Damage has been doubled.

Rapid Salvo and Repeated Salvo have had their damaged increased by 30%.

Rapid Fire's damage has been increased by 2.5 times.

Empowered Salvo is now 60% per point.

Blazing Shot and Flaming Weapons have had their reuse time doubled and their damage increased by 2.4 times.

Hidden Show now has a 1.5 second cast time.

Hidden Assault now has a 1.5 second cast time.

Still have to test it out, but on paper this all seems positive. 

Reduced cast time on Hidden Shot/Assault is long overdue and positive. I'm fine trading personal dps in Blazing Weapons for more group dps with Heartseeker.

Right side should be a legit aoe spec now.  Only thing I see it missing is the additional way to get into stealth that Wreak Havoc has for the left side. 

Left side should be better on straight single target stuff and double conversion is the in-between option for when you have a moderate mix of st and aoe fights.  I like increasing the damage and boosting the reuse time...easier to work Blazing Shot in this way.

Doesn't change anything in our balance vs. beastlord/assassin as they both have very similar stuff.  But we should now have three solid prestige path choices to make depending on the content we're on. 

Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #44
jjlo69

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

Ranger

Blazing Shot and Flaming Weapons have had their reuse time doubled and their damage increased by 2.4 times.

Reduced cast time on Hidden Shot/Assault is long overdue and positive. I'm fine trading personal dps in Blazing Weapons for more group dps with Heartseeker.

Right side should be a legit aoe spec now.  Only thing I see it missing is the additional way to get into stealth that Wreak Havoc has for the left side. 

Left side should be better on straight single target stuff and double conversion is the in-between option for when you have a moderate mix of st and aoe fights.  I like increasing the damage and boosting the reuse time...easier to work Blazing Shot in this way.

Doesn't change anything in our balance vs. beastlord/assassin as they both have very similar stuff.  But we should now have three solid prestige path choices to make depending on the content we're on.  

agreeded just have to get used to using the normal coverage with hidden assult when using the right side.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #45
Twyxx

Guardian

[email protected] wrote:

agreeded just have to get used to using the normal coverage with hidden assult when using the right side.

Oh yeah, actually that's fine.  I forgot Coverage still existed.  That's good enough.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #46
Lethlian

Lord

Twyxx wrote:

Ranger

Just looking at it from an "armchair" perspective.....I honestly think going completely right side is going to be the best option for us as a class on whole...The reduced reuse and cast times on our AOE CA(s)/hidden shot is actually a worthwhile boost, with the 50% to clear Arrow Barrage, making hidden shot an aoe and overall dps improvement for Rapid Salvo along with current  use of in game wisdom line spec...who knows, but if I was going to be a betting man, I would say the pure right side is probably going to be the winner. Hands down now (at least for all scouts classes) we are/should be the clear bread winner for AOE(s)...not sure if thats what everyone else wanted persay, buts what the devs have definitely turned us into. (So its also very situtional based) In time we'll see, but for now as is I'm going to go all right side spec for prolly a majority of the time.

On a side note, if you look at it our utility is going to be DPS based...so our new selling tag line to revive this class is going to be based on Melee AOE bosses with respectable group wide dps proc.....who knows maybe it will happen.

Respectfully,

Lethlian

Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #47
ZUES

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

Ranger

This is good news but.... UTILITY is what we need!

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #48
Twyxx

Guardian

Ran Altar of Abhorrence x4 tonight with right side spec'd.  It's probably not the best zone for right side testing as I think every named is single target, but wasn't real impressed with the feel of right side in general.

Here's parse:

A few things that make right side awkward:

1.  Rapid Salvo reuse: Recast being 7.1 (with 41.5% reuse).  Like with how it was on the left that's too often.  Adds are only up for so long.  And with the reduced reuse on Storm/Stream and usefulness of Hidden Assault now we have plenty of aoe's to cycle thru that we don't need to be spamming Rapid Salvo that often.  Repeated Salvo is the only thing tied to it and it lasts 30 seconds.  It seems unneccessary to have it recasting that quickly.  Could we get it changed like Blazing Shot was where recast is increased proportionally with an increase in damage? 

2.  Rapid Salvo range: I know it's just something to get used to, but I don't know how many times I hit it outside the 15 meter range.  It's prob just the icon that makes it seem like it should work like triple-shot's range instead of being more like smokebomb.  This range makes it more challenging which I actually like, but it also reduces it's usefullness.  Another reason not to have it on a spam recast...can't use whenever jousting/out of range (or chasing that gorilla!).

3.  Rapid Salvo damage: Without being affected by Arrow Rain Rapid Salvo is less efficient than any of the other ae's.  So you would really only hit it to start Repeated Salvo and if every other aoe is down (by that time adds are dead).  Needs Arrow Rain to match the efficiency of the others. 

4.  Right side's lack of ability to get into stealth.  With how efficient Ember and Ranger's Blade are you have to keep those on cooldown and without Wreak Havoc there aren't enough abilities to put you into stealth to get Hidden Assault and Natural Selection off often enough. 

Coverage is still as buggy and broken as it's always been.  It is extremely inconsistent and just not reliable.  It's supposed to be instant cast, but really is only instant like half the time.  Sometimes it takes a while to light up the stealth ca and that kills the flow to sit there and wait for it.  Can you look at it and see if you can make it as clean/reliable as Wreak Havoc is but just have it work on next ca?

5.  Hidden Salvo: Tested it on a dummy with 3 points.  It does less threat reduction than Cat-Like Reflexes.  If that's all it is nobody will ever put a point into it at the expense of Repeated Salvo or Empowered Salvo.  Positional drops are way more sexy and interactive/skill-based than dehate procs.  A suggestion to make it tempting vs the Salvos would be tieing a one positional aoe drop to a diff ae with each rank.

Overall I like the idea of the right side and think it's close.  Just needs a few things smoothed out some.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #49
Twyxx

Guardian

bump for a cleaner right side.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #50
Lethlian

Lord

Thats actually a good review Twyxx.

Tbh (assuming you haven't done so already) I would take your observations and suggestions in your post and send it as PM to one of the devs.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #51
jjlo69

Loremaster

RangerRapid Salvo's reuse and damage have been increased.Rapid Fire's damage has been increased.Hidden Salvo's duration has been increased. The detaunt value has been doubled.

getting back into beta the new damage for salvo and fire is actually nice.. only other thing i can remotely request is that it get effected by the prestige arrow rain since a prestige should effect a prestige  but i would not be upset if that didnt happen