EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #61
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords
Rank: Peasant (0-100)

Loremaster
Griffildur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,136
Default

Dreyco wrote:

Well, let's do a compare and contrast though of content there is to be gated in EQ2, vs the content that there is to be gated in LoTRO.  Then, using amounts that are similar... how much would it cost to unlock all gated content if they were to switch to that model instead?

Now, in EQ2.. you pay $1.50 to equip five pieces of legendary gear.  That's... $0.25 cents a pop.  Twenty five cents.  You would rather pay five, ten, perhaps twenty dollars per expansion or quest area?

I dunno... twenty five cents per piece of gear is pretty dang generous.  Considering how much I upgrade my gear... I can get away with paying probably less than a sub and still stay in the game with next to no problem.  I'd probably even save 50%, if not more.

Why do you compare EQ2 to Lotro in the first place, since the person you're responding to didn't even mention that ?

The point is that anyone coming back to the game ( rememeber the stupid come back emails SOE sent recently ? ) won't start oaying straight away, will see they can login yes, but can't play at all without gear ( doh ) and leave again , which has already happened.

Now, perhaps you should for once think ( hard I know ... ) 

at lvl 90 you swap legendary and fabled almost daily. There is a ton of equipment and you can never know when it drops, All instances drop gear, then you get the lucky outland drops ( yes fabled equipment drops from normal mobs as well ).

Then you get 2 x2 zones and you get all the EM, HM, Drunder EM. The point is you'll pay for those all the time. Is that fair ? maybe it is, if you play silver and get a drop yeah you should pay to unlock.

But the point here is , people coming back, with their gear and they discover they have to pay to play for free ? That is not going down well, is it ? Can you compare the 2 ? NO.

Get it now ?

__________________
Griffildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #62
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords
Rank: Peasant (0-100)

Loremaster
Griffildur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,136
Default

Soldancer wrote:

Yes, "Silver" should include legendary because there is no treasured gear in DoV. And most of endgame players are in DoV areas, therefore it's impossible to play with others if you only have silver and don't want to spent money for dozens of unlockers. To play with SF gear in DoV makes also no sense because you need ages to kill solo mobs, playing in DoV instances would end in dozens of deaths.

There is still lot of fabled gear outside of raiding content which would encourage players either buy "Gold" or some unlockers. Another possibility would be to flag at least all DoV quest gear as "Treasured".

There's a reason DOv only has legendary stuff. I'll let you think about what that reason is ...

__________________
Griffildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #63
Soldancer

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 458
Default

Banedon_Toran wrote:

The problem is the number of returning players who are at that level 85-90/start of DoV point, well I'm sorry but the recommendation would be to go for the gold subscription.

If I would be willing to pay a monthly fee I would play SWToR. I played EQ2 since launch and had lot of fun over the years, but over the time I lost much interest in playing (main reason was because they totaly ruined the mage archetype with all the immunities, makes no sense to play my coercer anymore).

With F2P it's nice to play sometimes, I started fresh with an Inqui, and I would also buy some unlockers for fabled parts but never for legendary. It would become too expensive for me and would cost same as gold. For a healthy population it would be better for SOE to let players like me play with legendary on silver. I payed several hundred bucks over the years for EQ2, that's more than the price of lifetime subscriptions of other games. They should at least unlock legendary for silver for those accounts which were active longer than 5 years or so.

Soldancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #64
Dreyco

Archive of Ik
Dreyco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,485
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Dreyco wrote:

Well, let's do a compare and contrast though of content there is to be gated in EQ2, vs the content that there is to be gated in LoTRO.  Then, using amounts that are similar... how much would it cost to unlock all gated content if they were to switch to that model instead?

Now, in EQ2.. you pay $1.50 to equip five pieces of legendary gear.  That's... $0.25 cents a pop.  Twenty five cents.  You would rather pay five, ten, perhaps twenty dollars per expansion or quest area?

I dunno... twenty five cents per piece of gear is pretty dang generous.  Considering how much I upgrade my gear... I can get away with paying probably less than a sub and still stay in the game with next to no problem.  I'd probably even save 50%, if not more.

Why do you compare EQ2 to Lotro in the first place, since the person you're responding to didn't even mention that ?

The point is that anyone coming back to the game ( rememeber the stupid come back emails SOE sent recently ? ) won't start oaying straight away, will see they can login yes, but can't play at all without gear ( doh ) and leave again , which has already happened.

Now, perhaps you should for once think ( hard I know ... ) 

at lvl 90 you swap legendary and fabled almost daily. There is a ton of equipment and you can never know when it drops, All instances drop gear, then you get the lucky outland drops ( yes fabled equipment drops from normal mobs as well ).

Then you get 2 x2 zones and you get all the EM, HM, Drunder EM. The point is you'll pay for those all the time. Is that fair ? maybe it is, if you play silver and get a drop yeah you should pay to unlock.

But the point here is , people coming back, with their gear and they discover they have to pay to play for free ? That is not going down well, is it ? Can you compare the 2 ? NO.

Get it now ?

Because what the heck else do I compare the model to?  Some imaginary non-existant thing?  Or complete and total "I don't have to pay a dime because I don't want to" free?  Drawing a comparison requires that you do just that... have something to compare it to.  I think what i'm starting to see, though, is that people are not looking for substitutes.  They just want the restrictions to go away.

Ain't happening.

What i'm recommending is that people take a look at the model and, for every dollar they find that they can remove, they add a dollar in somewhere else.  You can't just cut and slash until there is nothing left but, "I can play the game without paying a dime now."

__________________

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #65
gourdon

Loremaster
gourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 632
Default

Soldancer wrote:

Banedon_Toran wrote:

The problem is the number of returning players who are at that level 85-90/start of DoV point, well I'm sorry but the recommendation would be to go for the gold subscription.

If I would be willing to pay a monthly fee I would play SWToR. I played EQ2 since launch and had lot of fun over the years, but over the time I lost much interest in playing (main reason was because they totaly ruined the mage archetype with all the immunities, makes no sense to play my coercer anymore).

With F2P it's nice to play sometimes, I started fresh with an Inqui, and I would also buy some unlockers for fabled parts but never for legendary. It would become too expensive for me and would cost same as gold. For a healthy population it would be better for SOE to let players like me play with legendary on silver. I payed several hundred bucks over the years for EQ2, that's more than the price of lifetime subscriptions of other games. They should at least unlock legendary for silver for those accounts which were active longer than 5 years or so.

Paying hundreds of dollars up front when a game is new and might not turn out is completely different than paying the same amount over years.  You didn't take the risk that you were sinking hundreds of dollars into a game that wouldn't be supported beyond the initial content.  You're entitled to nothing and it sounds like you're dead weight asking for a handout.

__________________
gourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #66
Soldancer

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 458
Default

gourdon wrote:

Paying hundreds of dollars up front when a game is new and might not turn out is completely different than paying the same amount over years.

Oh please. A lifetime subscription of e.g. Star Trek or LoTRO was ~200 $ while I have paid ~600 € für EQ2 (+ the money for X-Packs). I think I deserve it to get legendary on silver.

Soldancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #67
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Michayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 299
Default

Soldancer wrote:

Banedon_Toran wrote:

The problem is the number of returning players who are at that level 85-90/start of DoV point, well I'm sorry but the recommendation would be to go for the gold subscription.

If I would be willing to pay a monthly fee I would play SWToR. I played EQ2 since launch and had lot of fun over the years, but over the time I lost much interest in playing (main reason was because they totaly ruined the mage archetype with all the immunities, makes no sense to play my coercer anymore).

With F2P it's nice to play sometimes, I started fresh with an Inqui, and I would also buy some unlockers for fabled parts but never for legendary. It would become too expensive for me and would cost same as gold. For a healthy population it would be better for SOE to let players like me play with legendary on silver. I payed several hundred bucks over the years for EQ2, that's more than the price of lifetime subscriptions of other games. They should at least unlock legendary for silver for those accounts which were active longer than 5 years or so.

Why should SoE reward you for quitting? Or, why should SoE reward you because you refuse to cough up a monthly subscription?

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #68
Soldancer

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 458
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Why should SoE reward you for quitting? Or, why should SoE reward you because you refuse to cough up a monthly subscription?

I never quitted. I made several longer breaks what is normal for an 8 year old game. It's just an economic question for me: ATM I can't / won't pay a monthly fee. And I think that veterans with an accout age of > 5 years should get some extra. Maybe a special unlocker with unlimited charges for 500 SC or something like that. Come on SOE, give us veterans a little reward for encouraging to not play SWToR.

Soldancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #69
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords
Rank: Peasant (0-100)

Loremaster
Griffildur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,136
Default

The swtor discussion is getting old already.

Some months ago it was Rift, before that something else. 

If you want to play eq2 then play it. if you want swtor then play it. Either way stop using any flavour of the month game to justify anything really.

__________________
Griffildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #70
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords
Rank: Peasant (0-100)

Loremaster
Griffildur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,136
Default

Dreyco wrote:

Because what the heck else do I compare the model to?  Some imaginary non-existant thing?  Or complete and total "I don't have to pay a dime because I don't want to" free?  Drawing a comparison requires that you do just that... have something to compare it to.  I think what i'm starting to see, though, is that people are not looking for substitutes.  They just want the restrictions to go away.

Ain't happening.

What i'm recommending is that people take a look at the model and, for every dollar they find that they can remove, they add a dollar in somewhere else.  You can't just cut and slash until there is nothing left but, "I can play the game without paying a dime now."

I am starting to think you don't want to understand anything. Lotro is not an 8 year old game. Eq2 is one of the longest around and it's only turned out f2p recently.

All it was pointed before is to allow old account to use what they have already . Do you understand that ? From an economical point of view, you can't send out thousands of emails asking people to come try f2p but then expect them to pay before they can try anything.

I don't know how much simpler I can put it. If you still don't get it, do everyone a favour and stop posting on this subject. Stick to stuff you know and can understand.

__________________
Griffildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #71
Peogia

Loremaster
Peogia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 928
Default

Soldancer wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Why should SoE reward you for quitting? Or, why should SoE reward you because you refuse to cough up a monthly subscription?

I never quitted. I made several longer breaks what is normal for an 8 year old game. It's just an economic question for me: ATM I can't / won't pay a monthly fee. And I think that veterans with an accout age of > 5 years should get some extra. Maybe a special unlocker with unlimited charges for 500 SC or something like that. Come on SOE, give us veterans a little reward for encouraging to not play SWToR.

Forget the veteran part I'm a veteran and I'm not looking for free hand outs your not seeing the bigger picture Sony says this is free to play so why are we all being forced to pay to play? because its not free to play its just a modified trial account other companies have similar trials, I certainly would never call this game free to play as its most definitely not every single part of the game costs $$$ item/gear/appearance, content, up dates, features, expansions, gameplay and hot fixes

__________________
The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #72
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords
Rank: Peasant (0-100)

Loremaster
Griffildur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,136
Default

Peogia wrote:

Forget the veteran part I'm a veteran and I'm not looking for free hand outs your not seeing the bigger picture Sony says this is free to play so why are we all being forced to pay to play? because its not free to play its just a modified trial account other companies have similar trials, I certainly would never call this game free to play as its most definitely not every single part of the game costs $$$ item/gear/appearance, content, up dates, features, expansions, gameplay and hot fixes

You have zero credibility, this not a discussion about buying a potion on the sc that makes you 90 instantly.

You don't even know what you're tlaking about from thread to thread as you contradict even yourself.

As for you being a veteran ... don't make me laugh

__________________
Griffildur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #73
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster
Guy De Alsace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,902
Default

I have no problem at all with unlockers. Its a great idea and they are priced competitively.

What I totally object to is SOE altering the game to require you to buy unlockers. The game should have continued on the same path of loot rarity it had followed in the past instead of blatantly making so many things legendary.

Due to this we now have many toons at 60-70+ that are basically untouchable. My 75 Paladin is legendary/fabled out purely from random drops in KP & Fens. I have done maybe 1% groups up to this point. He's a sub. My three silver accounts have unlocked the fabled only since legendary drops so often it would be ruinous to unlock everything.

Thats just ludicrous. If it was endgame there would be uproar from the community. It's ruining the feel of the game when you go "oh look..another exquisite chest. Yawn."

Get back to the path you were on. By all means leave unlockers in. In fact, double or triple the price of unlockers but make the legendary and fabled gear rarer. At the moment its just bordering on laughable in Kunark.

So IMO:

  • Silver accounts should be able to equip legendary but quadruple the price of a silver account.
  • Put treasured loot options in DoV so there is actually a point to buying it if you are F2P.
  • Rollback the smorgasbord of legendary and fabled dropping like candy and triple/quadruple the price of unlockers.
Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #74
Peogia

Loremaster
Peogia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 928
Default

Guy De Alsace wrote:

I have no problem at all with unlockers. Its a great idea and they are priced competitively.

Gameplay gear unlockers priced competitively? Would you mind posting 10 mmorpgs that charge you to put the gear required to the play game on your back for a competitive price? because I have never seen this before anywhere

__________________
The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:50 AM   #75
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

You have a ton of players paying you $30 for an entire year of eq2, might as well drop all subs and increase the nickel and diming.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #76
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

I do gotta ask though.

My inq is AA capped for the expansion she has(250). Her AA slider is STILL locked at 50. She's 85.

She's essentially getting HALF the exp she SHOULD be getting, because when you're AA or level capped, the slider moves to 100% normally.

So why the crab are they shafting silver accounts out of xp when they're capped in some way? She ain't gaining AA. I'm grinding her xp to 90 because quests are a waste of AA when she's moved to my other account.

What gives? If there's a crappy restriction, that's it.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #77
Soulcharmer

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11
Default

I was shaking my head yesterday listening to the whining  in chat  from people complaining about not getting enough free stuff and saw this thread so had to comment.

People are very blinkered  when it comes to not getting what they want.

Old way: Pay a subscription and play game fully.

Choose to unsubscribe, get nada, you don't get to play, perfectly normal and fair.

New way: Pay a subscription and play game fully.

Choose to not subscribe, still get to play game, just with many restrictions, stills seems pretty fair to me.

What exactly do people expect for nothing?

As I see it we are better off now than before.

The whole issue of having to pay for unlocks to use items you used to have is a non argument, its simple, subscribe and you have everything.

If you want to have something more than f2p provides without actually subscribing you are going to have to pay somehow to compensate for that fact, its just common sense.

People have become so greedy, they want to avoid paying anything, but still want everything they used to pay for.

Its typical with anything free these days, rather than be happy with all they are geting for nothing all many people do is complain about what they can't have, pretty unreasonable imo.

People seem to think when a game adds f2p they should carry on as normal, just not pay anymore, thats not how reality works :p

In the end if something is so important for you to have, then pay for it, either by subscribing or via micro transactions, don't expect handouts.

Soulcharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #78
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Felshades wrote:

I do gotta ask though.

My inq is AA capped for the expansion she has(250). Her AA slider is STILL locked at 50. She's 85.

She's essentially getting HALF the exp she SHOULD be getting, because when you're AA or level capped, the slider moves to 100% normally.

So why the crab are they shafting silver accounts out of xp when they're capped in some way? She ain't gaining AA. I'm grinding her xp to 90 because quests are a waste of AA when she's moved to my other account.

What gives? If there's a crappy restriction, that's it.

If you want control over the AA slider then cough up $15/month and get additional benifits too instead of only paying $5/month.

The more people complain about the restrictions the more you are telling SOE that their tactics are working.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #79
urgthock

Loremaster
urgthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX.
Posts: 1,308
Default

Soulcharmer wrote:

Its typical with anything free these days, rather than be happy with all they are geting for nothing all many people do is complain about what they can't have, pretty unreasonable imo.

This is the crux of the issue. Too many people are completely blinded to the fact that they have been given the ability to play the game without paying a sub which is a HUGE "bonus" and instead concentrate on the fact that there are certain restrictions to playing the game without paying a sub and want those restrictions removed. I am not really sure why those who are complaining think that they have a valid argument. Maybe because it's a game they are dealing with instead of something more tangible?

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #80
Serelinde

Loremaster
Serelinde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 35
Default

Katz wrote:

They should look at how Lotro does it.  They manage to make loads of money without limiting it so much people won't even give it a go.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I can't thank you enough.

As a return player, I paid for the unlockers. Cool! What I can't seem to find a way to pay for is the ability to use MAIL which is stupid as heck to not be able to do, and the ability to buy even one set of five slots or something like that to use on Broker and sell things.  One thing that is fun is crafting. I'm in f2p not because I want to be, but because I'm broke and need to eat, but missed my game.  Which means I'd pay a sub again once I have funds, just isn't now. 

Is there a way I'm not seeing to buy use of the mailbox and some slots on Broker?  LOTRO allows f2p to use mail, allows them to purchase auction house slots to use, allows them also to KEEP the gear they earned when they were paying. They aren't suddenly left out in the cold to pay twice for the same thing.  It's also why so far when we have money, that's the game that gets my $15 a month sub fee.  Right now, I can't see why I'd do that with EQii no matter how much I loved it. Because I know, when hard times hit again, I can't use my stuff again and have to pay out the nose all over again. Who wants to bother paying multiple times for the use of the same thing? 

"The more people complain about the restrictions the more you are telling SOE that their tactics are working."

What they aren't counting on is that it cuts into return players.  Players who feel a game doesn't give a crap about what they have worked for won't return to pay that fee. Heck, my 14 day free trial when I first tried the game AGES ago gave me what felt like more abilities than this does. There are reasons I bough it to begin with in 2008.

Edit: I did find unlockers for Broker, but it reads like per item. I'll have to check that out. 

Serelinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #81
Dytherian

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Default

F2P is a proven viable business model. However it functions best when the player is not under extreme restrictions and does not feel they are nickel and dimed to death.  Unfortunately sony has failed in creating a well rounded system.   If Sony wants to turn a higher profit out of eq2 they need to not only implement a system that flows well with players but address targeting and basic UI issues that are not up to todays mmo standards.  Get the basics fixed first, implement a non intrusive but profitable f2p store and then advertise to get some new blood here.  If not then they will just have to be happy selling to the die hard fanbois.

Dytherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #82
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

There are a couple of things that I think would be sensible to add as SC purchaseables (mail, coin space, one shot AA unlocks) as I think the F2P model should be based on there not being anything you simply can not do without going the sub route. The producer seems to have the same overall view so I would hope to see those things at some point.

Generally I think it is pretty fair other than that. I can however see a case for an 'auto unlock' function of sorts, such that if you EQUIP gear while gold it gets unlock flagged so that when you drop to silver you dont lose it. Wouldnt probably hit income hard, and would make lots of happy players.

I also flatly think that the main run of quested gear in Velious should not ever ever ever be legendary. As it stands right now if you buy the expansion as silver you cannot play it at all without buying unlockers, as even the first quest areas require the gear they drop very quickly indeed or become impossible. The alternative would be for the velious expansion to come with a pack of 25 unlockers or something.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #83
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Michayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 299
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Generally I think it is pretty fair other than that. I can however see a case for an 'auto unlock' function of sorts, such that if you EQUIP gear while gold it gets unlock flagged so that when you drop to silver you dont lose it. Wouldnt probably hit income hard, and would make lots of happy players.

How is that going to stop players from paying 15 dollars for one month to run zones, get upgrades, and drop back down to silver?

You say it won't hit income hard, but it will.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #84
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Serelinde wrote:

Is there a way I'm not seeing to buy use of the mailbox and some slots on Broker?  LOTRO allows f2p to use mail, allows them to purchase auction house slots to use, allows them also to KEEP the gear they earned when they were paying. They aren't suddenly left out in the cold to pay twice for the same thing.  It's also why so far when we have money, that's the game that gets my $15 a month sub fee.  Right now, I can't see why I'd do that with EQii no matter how much I loved it. Because I know, when hard times hit again, I can't use my stuff again and have to pay out the nose all over again. Who wants to bother paying multiple times for the use of the same thing? 

"The more people complain about the restrictions the more you are telling SOE that their tactics are working."

Except in LOTRO if you want decent leveling and access to zones you have to pay for it. honestly you are complaining about spending $5 once to get silver to remove some restrictions all the while you have full access up to sentinel's fate and your leveling is unaffected regardless if you own DoV or AoD.

be thankful you can even login would you rather a F2P game that you can play if you are lucky enough to click login at the exact moment the server is a few units short of capacity (with the AFK kick code removed so you cant get decent openings) and the only NORMAL way to login on a busy server is to pay $15.

try out silkroad you'll see that putting $15/month into EQ2 is far worth it compared to the "skin and bone" silkroad is.

pay to maintain the game and run without any restrictions or play like a penny pincher and complain that you are entitled to every feature without doing anything to deserve it.

Your line of thinking is if someone you know in retail gets an employee discount when shopping where they work that you should get the discount also because you shop there.

also ether way i dont care if you've been paying for EQ2 for years and now you dont want to pay or not. you are renting all those features that silver and free accounts lack that gold has when you subscribe.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #85
Crismorn

Loremaster
Crismorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,840
Default

Why would anyone pay $15 a month when you could have paid $30 for an entire year.

SoE should just forget about subs altogether, remove restritions altogether and just add tons of useful items to the cash store and make their money that way, relying on subs when a large portion of your playerbase is currently paying $3 per months is not going to cut it.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #86
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

General_Info wrote:

Felshades wrote:

I do gotta ask though.

My inq is AA capped for the expansion she has(250). Her AA slider is STILL locked at 50. She's 85.

She's essentially getting HALF the exp she SHOULD be getting, because when you're AA or level capped, the slider moves to 100% normally.

So why the crab are they shafting silver accounts out of xp when they're capped in some way? She ain't gaining AA. I'm grinding her xp to 90 because quests are a waste of AA when she's moved to my other account.

What gives? If there's a crappy restriction, that's it.

If you want control over the AA slider then cough up $15/month and get additional benifits too instead of only paying $5/month.

The more people complain about the restrictions the more you are telling SOE that their tactics are working.

Even when one has control of the slider, it slides the entire way to 100% you want it to or not when level capped, without aa cap, or to 0% when AA capped and not level capped.

And I have a gold account. And I'm moving that inq to said gold account.

Making it so that someone who caps out is only getting 50 xp per mob in one thing instead of 50 in two or 100 in one, is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #87
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

Crismorn wrote:

Why would anyone pay $15 a month when you could have paid $30 for an entire year.

SoE should just forget about subs altogether, remove restritions altogether and just add tons of useful items to the cash store and make their money that way, relying on subs when a large portion of your playerbase is currently paying $3 per months is not going to cut it.

Because that doesn't count as a recurring subscription, and game cards(which is what those were counted as) can't do certain things.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #88
Ogremindes

Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Silver = Thanks for the money, now get lost.

That is what I feel the game is telling me through the sheer level of obnoxiousness that's thrown at me as I play.

Now, I'm gonna say a monthly subscription simply isn't for me. I know my foibles well well enough to know that "I have to play this game or I'm wasting my money" is a bad idea comparable to experimenting with hard drugs. But I do spend money on the MMOs I play, and in dual-model MMOs I've invariably spent more than I would have had I subscribed for the period in which I played. If this remains true for Everquest 2 it'll be because I spent the money for Silver and am already fed up at being treated like a mark rather than a customer.

Chief aggravations:

  1. Pop up ads. Sleazy and obnoxious from the minute they were invented, and being in-game doesn't make them any better. This is the least of my aggravations, and this alone was enough to make me resolve to not spend any more money.
  2. Equipment restrictions. As far as I've seen: "Want to use that quest reward you've just spent an hour earning? Give us a buck fifty." This is horrible and should be gotten rid of (or at least replaced with a purchasable account wide unlock)
  3. As above, but for spells.

In all seriousness, treating people who have shown the willingness and capability to buy from your cash shop in this way seems like a bad move. Is angering your customers really likely to convert them to subscribers?

Anyway, this seems like a great game, shame the suits have smeared... obnoxiousness all over it. For now, maybe I'll go play CO for a bit. I've bought a couple of new costume sets and haven't played with them yet...

Ogremindes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #89
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Michayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 299
Default

Felshades wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Why would anyone pay $15 a month when you could have paid $30 for an entire year.

SoE should just forget about subs altogether, remove restritions altogether and just add tons of useful items to the cash store and make their money that way, relying on subs when a large portion of your playerbase is currently paying $3 per months is not going to cut it.

Because that doesn't count as a recurring subscription, and game cards(which is what those were counted as) can't do certain things.

And what things can a silver account do that a game card subscription account can't do?

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #90
Felshades

Loremaster
Felshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,887
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Felshades wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Why would anyone pay $15 a month when you could have paid $30 for an entire year.

SoE should just forget about subs altogether, remove restritions altogether and just add tons of useful items to the cash store and make their money that way, relying on subs when a large portion of your playerbase is currently paying $3 per months is not going to cut it.

Because that doesn't count as a recurring subscription, and game cards(which is what those were counted as) can't do certain things.

And what things can a silver account do that a game card subscription account can't do?

I'm referring to the guy saying that paying monthly is dumb when you could pay 30 for the entire year when the triple station cash was there.

I didn't do it because a) I like 500 station cash monthly, b) I want to be able to buy transfer tokens without having to call and deal with CS(THANK YOU JOSHUA) and c) I want to be able to gift items.

THAT is why someone would pay 15 a month when they could have paid 30 for a year... because that year paid for 30 doesn't count as a recurring subscription via credit card. Game card payments do not count for those three things.

Had nothing to do with the restrictions. He also acts like everyone did it, and everyone knew about it, and that it can be done right now for new people. Just because HE did it when he could, doesn't mean anyone else can do it NOW, so his argument about people paying only 3 bucks a month is invalid because that was a one or two day deal that quite a few didn't know about and does not affect anyone that starts up after it ended.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.