EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #61
Amanathia

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Are you trying to say that raid healing is easier than group healing?  *boggles*  I'm sorry, but it just sounds like excuses to me.

Nahh that's actually pretty much true.  Stuff is generally predictable in a raid, and it's more about paying attention and curing fast.  And druids...wardens do have some serious issues imho...furies have some issues, but are pretty cool, I like them.  Inq are in such a good place that they tend to overshadow them both though, but that doesn't mean that won't change in the near future either.

Amanathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #62
Crismorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Are you trying to say that raid healing is easier than group healing?  *boggles*  I'm sorry, but it just sounds like excuses to me.

yes, raid healing is way easier then instance healing.  

dear god, just look at the heal parses alone lol.

hm halls at 5k hps, vs 38k hps in tower of tactics

hps is meaningless for various reasons and no heroic content is not harder its in fact much easier than top end raiding, I would actually its infinitely easier to heal heroic content then healing top end raid content.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #63
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

hps is meaningless for various reasons and no heroic content is not harder its in fact much easier than top end raiding, I would actually its infinitely easier to heal heroic content then healing top end raid content.

HRMMM, your sig has INQUIS in it.  Do you play a druid?  Try to follow the point of the thread and not kneejerk reaction please. 

Yes, i imagine it's VERY EASY for an inquis to heal anything.

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #64
Vitriol
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

Amanathia wrote:

wardens do have some serious issues imho...

Such as?

Do we just have a load of people on these forums who can't press buttons in the right order to win?

Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #65
Ayaka

Loremaster

I just got to this thread, and wow, the crying over the warden class is ridiculous. Wardens are amazing in any content, especially in top tier raid content currently. To complain about their defensive ability is seriously unwarranted. In my opinion, we are the class with the most defensive saves/abilities out of any healer to keep a tank alive. Thorns, cyclone, group death prevent (2 triggers), single target death prevent (2 triggers), sandstorm, tortoise shell... need I say more? These abilities rotated with any tank's own defensive saves can equal invincibility from the lowly Zerker to the godly monk. Even if a warden does not have a tank to take care of, they can concentrate on keeping DPS scouts in melee range without them worrying about death.

Does it take coordination? Of course. Teamwork is essential. The only reason you might find healing a heroic instance difficult is most likely because your tank does not know what the heck he is doing. PvE content requires competency from not just the healer, but the tank also. You cannot blame the warden class of sucking because of your experience with a horrible tank. 

The warden class paired with an excellent player equals incredible potential to do anything imaginable. It is up to the individual player to do more than blindly spam heals to both increase survivability and DPS at the same time. 

Some things do need to be fixed, such as Shatter Infections.. this needs attention, not these blind complaints.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #66
ratbast

Loremaster

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. its silly some ppl will tell you its not harder to heal on druid. just looking at order they are applied makes it obvious. fury is especially weak. they really need better buffs for how crappy their heals are.
ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #67
Vitriol
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I just got to this thread, and wow, the crying over the warden class is ridiculous. Wardens are amazing in any content, especially in top tier raid content currently. To complain about their defensive ability is seriously unwarranted. In my opinion, we are the class with the most defensive saves/abilities out of any healer to keep a tank alive. Thorns, cyclone, group death prevent (2 triggers), single target death prevent (2 triggers), sandstorm, tortoise shell... need I say more? These abilities rotated with any tank's own defensive saves can equal invincibility from the lowly Zerker to the godly monk. Even if a warden does not have a tank to take care of, they can concentrate on keeping DPS scouts in melee range without them worrying about death.

Does it take coordination? Of course. Teamwork is essential. The only reason you might find healing a heroic instance difficult is most likely because your tank does not know what the heck he is doing. PvE content requires competency from not just the healer, but the tank also. You cannot blame the warden class of sucking because of your experience with a horrible tank. 

The warden class paired with an excellent player equals incredible potential to do anything imaginable. It is up to the individual player to do more than blindly spam heals to both increase survivability and DPS at the same time. 

Some things do need to be fixed, such as Shatter Infections.. this needs attention, not these blind complaints.

yes <3

Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #68
Hamervelder

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't know what game you're playing, but raiding in EQ2 takes far more attention to detail than group healing.  I'm sorry, but if people playing wardens can't heal, then it's the player, not the class.  Warden is an outstanding healing class.  You just have ... you know ... learn to play.

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #69
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Old 01-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #70
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

/facepalm.  Who said wardens can't heal! 

I said it's more difficult to heal instances over hard mode raids(is all i said).  And i never said i can't heal instances. btw.. i said it's ALOT harder is all.

So your telling me only play with certain people who are already geared(and then wardens are fine /shakes head ).. got it.  Or if i want to group with ungeared peeps i can just swap to my inquis and theres no prob.  /shrug

The only thing i want for the warden class is the casting time on howling of the pack reduced to insta cast.  I said that in a earlier post....  So the assumptions that i'm asking to be OP is not cool thanks.

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote