EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
JanEQ

The Quiet Type

I'm asked to fill in these fields:

and I can figure out the first three fields, but I have no clue what to put in for the Registration ID.
When I leave that field blank, I get this error message:
"Currently there are no registration items available for this Registration Type. In order to register, there must be at least one registration item available."
If I try to put anything else that I could think of (such as my primary game or game server), I get this error:
"You have entered an invalid Registration ID."
So what am I doing wrong?
JanEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
feldon30

SOE Community Council

First line at the top of the page:

VERIFICATION CODE:  SOELIVE12 (enter this below)

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Kindoalk

No Feldon, that's the answer to the second field. Having same issue here....

Kindoalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Temlu

Having the same problem... Anyone know how to fix this?

Temlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Ri

Same here trying to buy but cant

Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
JanEQ

The Quiet Type

feldon30 wrote:

First line at the top of the page:

VERIFICATION CODE:  SOELIVE12 (enter this below)

I did try putting SOELIVE12 in both line 2 and line 4 and still got the same error:

"You have entered an invalid Registration ID."

The error "Currently there are no registration items available for this Registration Type. In order to register, there must be at least one registration item available." makes it seem like it can't find the event that I want to register for.  Did they close online registration early?

JanEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
ryan6957

The Quiet Type

I am unable to register too.  Have been trying for a few hours now and it is before the cut off time.

ryan6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
Kindoalk

Bumping this again, as I am still having the same issue as the OP.

I've seen now in a few spots the phrase "before Sept. 30" as well as "by Sept 30th." I hope this isn't the result of an amateur marketing mistake where, for a promotion, you list "before [date X]" instaed of "by [date X]" as this can be easily confused as a listing of the DEADLINE rather than the first date AFTER which the promotion has already expired...which is why it's an amateur mistake. You are only suppposed to use the word "before" when mentioning a clock time e.g. "before 3pm." Whether or not folks read it correctly, for whatever reason a good number of people see a date and think "that's the deadline." This is also why a lot of state and government agencies use the phrase "on or before" rather than "by" or "before" concerning legal deadlines. Just regurgitating some of the things I learned from Marketing 101 in college.

But anyway, sorry to rant. If I misread that's on me, even if the deadline WAS given in a counterintuitive/ amateurish format. Considering what I've already spent on airfare and hotel for my wife and I, another $40 is a drop in the bucket I guess.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
Kindoalk

Bumping again...

Had to add this, just ONE example of the ambiguity I referenced above:

http://www.soe.com/soelive/news-article.vm?id=001

"Pre-register for SOE before Sunday, September 30th and pay $139.00!  If you wait to register on site you will pay $159.00!"

and...

http://www.soe.com/soelive/faq.vm

" All-Access pass, regular online price: $139 (valid August 10th — September 30th, 2012)

• Attendees who register online after the early discount deadline will still receive all of the benefits of the All-Access pass, just at the regular price and badges won't be mailed in advance."

Am still hoping this is a Cvent glitch and not that the REAL deadline was Saturday...

Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
Kindoalk

Bump...

Well, five minutes now to what I thought the deadline was, and still no luck. Not to mention a lot of other stuff I have noticed that doesn't add up...like this:

This page says I get a badge mailed for the $139

http://www.soe.com/soelive/pricing.vm

Though there is an asterisk next to it, I couldn't find anywhere on the page explaining the asterisk.

and this page says you do not get a badge mailed...

http://www.soe.com/soelive/faq.vm

Which is it?

As I've already booked flights and reserved hotle rooms, at this point I'm really considering just calling this a fun-trip to Vegas WITHOUT the SOE Faire. I'll use the extra $300+ dollars on something else.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
Ri

This was weak.  I have like everyone else here, reservered my room, bought plane ticket and now yesterday time to buy this pass only to find out that its screwed up and will not let you even though the deadline was that day.  I hope you guys at SOE allow us to still buy it because this error falls squarely on you!

Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
Kindoalk

Well I had to come back and share how excited I am about the extra $318 I'll have now that I am not buying an access pass to SOE Faire during my trip to Vegas. Also, my wife and I are looking forward to upgrading our  LoTRO and DDO accounts to P2P with the money we are saving from dropping our subscriptions to DC Online and Everquest.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
Dexella

Community Relations

Hi everyone,

There was an issue with registration yesterday (9/30), and people were receiving error messages.

If you tried to register on Sunday, 9/30/12, please e-mail [email protected] TODAY (Monday, October 1). We will get this cleared up for you! 

Thanks.

~Dexella

Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
Dexella

Community Relations

Better than sending an e-mail! I have an extended registration link! This is good today only (10/01/12) until 11:59 pm PDT.

http://www.cvent.com/d/bcqzyp/4W

Thanks! 

~Dexella

Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote