EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Defiler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
sobek_eq2

Loremaster

Malignancy has been changed (at master 1) from a decrease of all attributes by 32% to a static debuff of 48 to STR, AGI, WIS, STA and INT. This is a HUGE NERF to our debuffing capabilities.

Message Edited by sobek_eq2 on 11-08-2006 03:18 PM

sobek_eq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #2
Eileithia

Loremaster

agree'd major nerfage on that one.. but not too shocked about it. I'm actually shocked this didn't get the nerfbat earlier :smileyindifferent:
Old 11-09-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
sobek_eq2

Loremaster

Duntzzzz wrote:
agree'd major nerfage on that one.. but not too shocked about it. I'm actually shocked this didn't get the nerfbat earlier :smileyindifferent:

Maybe the % need to be change but 48 at master 1 is a joke.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:46 AM   #4
Eileithia

Loremaster

I do have one question though.. does anyone know what the actual INT/WIZ/STR/STA/AGI is on any given mob? is it based on their level?..

I can see this being a nerf in a PVP environment.. but in a PVE environment this may actually be pretty similar to how it is now depending on what the mobs stats are?!?

Old 11-09-2006, 03:56 AM   #5
Vazi

Complete bull[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].  So what you are saying is that it doesn't even affect Stamina now?

Oh well, if they keep this up... this will certainly make the decision to go to Vanguard easier.

Message Edited by Vazick on 11-08-2006 03:06 PM

Vazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:08 AM   #6
Aelojia

Loremaster

Vazick wrote:
Complete bull[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].  So what you are saying is that it doesn't even affect Stamina now?

No it still affects Stamina.  -48 to all stats currently.It's just beta, don't flip out yet, things change all the time and we'll work on this one.

Aelojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:12 AM   #7
TheBladesCaress

Loremaster

I did a beta /feedback on this one.... Malignancy got waaaaay nerfed.  We can only hope it was meant to be 48%, but I don't hold out much hope.
TheBladesCaress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:13 AM   #8
Vazi

Ok he didn't inclue STA in the initial post.

They seriously need to stop tweaking things in PVE to make them fair in PVP.     How hard would it be to just code something that debuffs percentages in PVE and raw stats in PVP?  Answer, not very.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:19 AM   #9
sobek_eq2

Loremaster

Opps, I forgot STA - updated my post.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:23 AM   #10
sobek_eq2

Loremaster

Aelojia wrote:

Vazick wrote:

No it still affects Stamina.  -48 to all stats currently.

It's just beta, don't flip out yet, things change all the time and we'll work on this one.

Sorry, I left out stamia.

No one needs to flip out but you better start submitting feeback and posting if you want it changed because EoF goes live in 6 days. This changes malignancy from a must cast to a why bother debuff. Many classes can debuff twice that value in one or more of those stats.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:36 AM   #11
Sokolov

Loremaster

So... are you all saying that you know for a fact that mobs have more than 150 in each stat? (150*32%=4SMILEY

Healing Guide - Version 0.5
Fate has perfect wings
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:40 AM   #12
Vazi

Of course we aren't...  But I'd venture a guess that they are a hell of a lot higher than that.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:07 AM   #13
Sokolov

Loremaster

Or maybe they have no stats at all, just like they have no resistances.

Healing Guide - Version 0.5
Fate has perfect wings
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:15 AM   #14
Unwise

Loremaster

The only thing we can really tell about for stats are the summoner pets. They can possess them then examine their stats. The level 70 Master/Adept III stats tend to be around 250 average. It would be a risky assumption that other NPCs have about the same.

I wonder if a summoner could use a charming item to take over a mob then possess it? Then we could see what the mobs stats were like.
Unwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:45 AM   #15
Amand

General

Good, and its about time. That spell was way overpowered anyways. The bat was heading your way, since Defilers, like how Templars used to be, are too powerful.
Amand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 AM   #16
dacat

Loremaster

guess percentages was to hard to figure out. Flat numbers are for the birds.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #17
Vazi

Get lost troll.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #18
Facedown

Loremaster

Theres still another week of beta so people need to chill out and quit screaming nerf so much. Before you could use the level 20 version and still have 32% debuff to all attributes, thats WAY to powerful. A lot of debuffs got lowered with the expansion but it wasnt just our class, every other class in the game is feeling it. Hopefully by the time he expansion goes live they will have beefed this up because right now, im almost positive a hex doll can out debuff us and that wont make it to live.
Facedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #19
Unwise

Loremaster

There is, and must be, a move away from using percentages in spells. As we can appreciate you cannot scale a % up per tier. A % remains as good at level 70 as it was at level 7. In order to have spell upgrades by level and spell quality be meaningful this spell needs to turn into a static amount of stat debuff.

That being said, the numbers here are completely crud and I sure hope it changes before going live.

One thing to take potential comfort in folks, they recently nerfed the stats of pets and I believe other NPCs in Beta down by about 50%. Within that context, the 48 point debuff is really more like 90 in the current system. They are apparently undoing the change to stats though, so I sure hope the debuff amount goes up on this spell line accordingly. I have 'some' confidence that if our debuffs get nerfed, it will be because the mobs stats have also been nerfed.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #20
Judist

Loremaster

Yes, Malignancy is definitly our class defining debuff... whatever the change may be, I hope they keep that in mind.

Judist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #21
Vazi

Unwise wrote:

There is, and must be, a move away from using percentages in spells. As we can appreciate you cannot scale a % up per tier. A % remains as good at level 70 as it was at level 7. In order to have spell upgrades by level and spell quality be meaningful this spell needs to turn into a static amount of stat debuff.

That being said, the numbers here are completely crud and I sure hope it changes before going live.

One thing to take potential comfort in folks, they recently nerfed the stats of pets and I believe other NPCs in Beta down by about 50%. Within that context, the 48 point debuff is really more like 90 in the current system. They are apparently undoing the change to stats though, so I sure hope the debuff amount goes up on this spell line accordingly. I have 'some' confidence that if our debuffs get nerfed, it will be because the mobs stats have also been nerfed.

You are just pulling the 48 - 90 comparison out of thin air ( Yes I understand that anyone but a dev would be) but I'd think a raid mob has a hell of a lot more to 150ish in most stats (Yes even after the revamp).    The thing that sucks about this "raw stat" change is that you won't have a consistent level of debuffing from one mob to the next.   Unless of course all raid mobs have the same STR/INT/WIS/AGI/STA, which of course I doubt.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #22
Wuoshi

Loremaster

Unwise wrote:
The only thing we can really tell about for stats are the summoner pets. They can possess them then examine their stats. The level 70 Master/Adept III stats tend to be around 250 average. It would be a risky assumption that other NPCs have about the same.

I wonder if a summoner could use a charming item to take over a mob then possess it? Then we could see what the mobs stats were like.

Wuoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #23
ganjookie

Loremaster

[Removed for Content]Sothis is a wussGlad to See Darathar made it off the isle
Old 11-10-2006, 12:34 AM   #24
Harlequin

General

This definitely sucks.  I really hope someone is working on fine-tuning the numbers, because that DEFINITELY seems too low.

P.S. The non-warding troll who stuck his head in here obviously doesn't like the warding classes probably because when he groups with one in a non-raid format he doesn't get a chance to heal!  :smileywink:
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:49 AM   #25
jinxedup

Loremaster

I <3 your dragon text!  LOL - thanks for the good laugh!
jinxedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:08 AM   #26
Unwise

Loremaster

Excellent screenshot thanks mate. Loved the text too.

Thost stats are pretty much identical to the summoner's fighter pet. It would not be a bad guess to say that they are the common set amongst most 70 mobs. We will likely never have the sample size to know though. If that is that case, a 48 point debuff is basically -20% to every one of the mobs stats which sounds a bit less tragic. My defiler is still crying into her beer and praying to the Dev's to not let this not to go live though.

FYI I heard from fellow dirges that every debuff and buff of their's was nerfed horribley for a while. A dev said they were just doing that to collect some numbers on game mechanics and they restored the buffs back to being how they were.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #27
zayt

General

you know its funny because when the game came out all our debuffs had a huge bug in them when they took a certain number out of stamina. so they changed it to a percentage of all stats for the malig line and took the stamina debuff out of our other debuffs. So my guess is this is how the spell was originally supposed to be. a number not a percentage. and they just figured out how to fix it. if they didnt fix the bug then yahoo... ill take this nerf.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #28
Quaan

Loremaster

A bug? as it stands now on beta the spell is useless. What a stupid stupid nerf SMILEY
Put it back how it was Sony, the game is based on PVE. Stop nerfing cause you choose to raise the stat cap and now it doesnt balance in pvp, they are the minority and the whole thing is an afterthought SMILEY 
Quaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #29
Erage

Loremaster

And it makes the AA for this spell even less appealing.  Debuffing 48 to any one stat on a t7 mob is a joke, made even more funny by the fact that hex dolls are better debuffers now.
Erage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #30
Lionidas

Lord

Not trying to be a troll (my wife, after maxing her pally is finally lvling her defiler).Ok, yes it is a nerf of a spell that was waaaay better than anything else out there. But it is still good compared to alot of the debuffs. Furys get a AGI/WIS debuff. I would much rather have this one for sure. I know the whole class balance thing but overall I am extremely impressed with your spell line up and with the over population of Furys in my guild I wish I would of rolled a Defier instead. Oh well....BTW, ok so a hex doll debuffs more. It has a 8 second cast time and if it gets resisted your back to square one. No way does the doll replace this spell. In that amount of time you can cast 3+ spells that will have a far greater impact than the hex doll.
Lionidas is offline   Reply With Quote