EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
N

General

Okay, okay, I get the idea that "to choose a class, you must know your play style"  and that is fine. So now since I know my play style, perhaps you can help me out.

What are the top three classes that kill quick?

I have discovered that my play style is to be able to kill quickly before anything can touch me.  I simply cannot stand a fight that takes more than a minute.  I also want to a class that gives me time to think ahead a little bit.  But I would say that the above is what I am all about.

So what classes woud fit this discription?

Thanks!

N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
N

General

Oh I almost forgot, I want to be able to feel like I am not losing control of a situation.  IE I would rather not have to run if at all possible.  (although I am sure this is everyone dream SMILEY
N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Cracklep

General

Ranger, Ranger, and RangerAt 50, my ranger kills pretty much everything before it reaches her, or atleast gets it down to 10% health.   I prefer to solo with her so I can set up my shots and wait for buffs to recharge, etc... , instead of just slinging arrows like she does in fast-paced groups.     Plus, with the long range and snare arrow effects, it's more time to whittle down the mob.   A blast to play!
Cracklep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

I dunno about top 3, but Conjurors post-50 kill extremely quick. I can typically solo around two-three (non-arrow) mobs a minute if I go full burn.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
Rayche
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Summoners (Conji/Necro), Brawlers (Bruiser/Monk), Coercers (Charm).Summoners have pets and offensive abilities up the ying yang.Outdoors I give the edge to Conjurors with Plane Shift and Winds of Velious (Unbreakable snare).Indoors I give the edge to Necros as Feign Death is a nice way out.Brawlers have great damage, self heals and the ability to kill part of a group, feign and regen health, stand up and pick off another, regen health, pick off another etc.Coercers just keep feeding charmed mobs to their target until they either run out of mobs of the target runs out of hit points. Coercers can solo bigger targets than anything I've ever seen personally. (They just can't feign or heal, but they can stun and mez/charm.)
Rayche ~ 81 Mystic / 90 Master Alchemist / 450 Adorning
Tungar ~ 64 Necromancer / 80 Master Tailor

Antonia Bayle Server
Rayche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
Mirrian

Loremaster

I would add wizard to that equation except for the not running part. If your root holds you are golden if not well then its run or die time. But it usually holds and when it does things die very very quick.
Mirrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:09 AM   #7
Wildmage

Loremaster

the whole point of DPS classes is to kill things quickly so with the odd except of the bards (who aren't really dps and enchanters another int caster oddball class) all the DPS classes in EQ2 function mostly in regards to Burst DPS while classes in the priest and fighter archetype have more along the lines of long term dps.  In short want to kill stuff fast Ranger, Assassin, Wizard, Warlock, and to a marginally lesser degree Conjuror, Necromancer, Brigand, Swashbuckler.  Its the point of being a DPS class you have lots of damage output with low ability to sustained significant combat time to balance a burst dps ability.
Wildmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Odomfel
Server: Crushbone
Guild: The Outcasts

Loremaster

I have to say Conjuror. I have played mine since release and he is by far the easiest class to play and not get mowed down by mobs when soloing. Before Kunark I was able to take out ^^^ Heroics pretty easy if I watched myself. The pet makes it nice for keeping the target at range and if you draw aggro Winds of Velious keeps them at arms length until your pet can regain aggro.

Necro's also fall into this same category but I have not played one so I cannot say.

I have seen a warlock solo and he burned mobs down in pretty quick fashion. Be prepared to run though when root breaks.