EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Traveler's Tales
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #31
y

Yes, I agree, lets stop writing stuff like this and Dregon should just hurry up and write more.
y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:01 AM   #32
Dregon8

General

Instantly the boat was abuzz with the crew men running here and there, preparing to dock. “There she is,” Morc said to the two. “Is this the first time you’ve seen Antonica?”

Sindienu absently nodded, thinking she was seeing for the first time what she would consider her home for the rest of her life. She wondered just how different Qeynos was from Freeport. Tiesor had told her that it was far more evil then their home town, but the monk had said differently. She wasn’t sure which one she wanted to believe more. She thought it odd that she almost wished Qeynos to be an evil city just so she could spend more time in the wild with Tiesor.

They docked shortly before sun had set. As they stepped off the boat the iksar chanced a glance out to sea to see if any more sails had made an appearance. He knew Itzal wouldn’t be far behind. Noting the glance, Morc asked, “Expecting someone?”

“No one you need concern yourself with,” came the reply. I’m being too cautious, Tiesor thought to himself.

“Well, this is where we part our ways then,” the monk said.

“Good.”

Tiesor couldn’t see it but he was sure a glare was aimed his direction from a pair of violet eyes. “Think you could point us in the right direction to Qeynos?” Sindienu asked him.

“But of course, milady. Follow this hill’s base around until you come to a road, follow the road around the crater, unless you want to tangle with some wicked gnolls,” Morc said, eyeing Tiesor. “The road will follow a pass between two hills and empty out onto a plain with farms and the like, head northwest until you come to another road. You can follow that one west all the way to Qeynos. Think you can remember that.”

“I’ll try,” Tiesor responded dryly, though he had no intention of following them. If they did they would be much to easy for any pursuer to track. No, they would have to stick to the mountains or forest between the docks and Qeynos, avoiding any humanoid contact when possible. The general direction was helpful; it wouldn’t do to wander blindly.

“Will we see you again?” Sindienu had to ask. In the short time they had spent together she had come to like the monk.

“I would assume so, though I don’t spend a great amount of my time in the city, you might see me from time to time, but I’m honored that you’re worried about me.”

She scoffed as if the notion was absurd, “I merely asked so I could discern how often I’d have to avoid you.” Tiesor knew she was teasing the monk, but it still made him smirk. It seemed odd to him that she could say that and think nothing of it but if the iksar had said it he would have received an elbow to the ribs. He shrugged inwardly and looked away.

“Once again, the beauty has wounded me. Farewell friends, I go to die in a dark corner all alone.” And with that he turned around and walked away.

Much to his own surprise, Tiesor called out to the monk, “A word of warning before you leave.” Morc looked back to the iksar. “If you see a ratonga that goes by the name of Itzal, stay clear of him, he is far more dangerous then he looks. And let me know of it if you can find me.”

“Will do,” Morc said with a two finger salute. “Safe journeys to you both and may our paths cross again.” With that, he was gone.

“Come,” Tiesor said to the druid. “We have to get you a weapon.”

“A weapon? What for? I don’t even know how to use a weapon, nor would I for that matter.”

“Humor me.”

“Fine,” she huffed. “I still don’t see the point though.”

“Well,” he said, walking toward the nearest merchant, “let’s say the monk had not been a man of honor and he acted on those impulses he surely had toward you. What would you have done, yelled for help?”

“Hmm, I suppose so. But what would a weapon have done, it’s not like I can use one.”

“Aye, but he doesn’t know that. I weapon can easily dissuade most amorous men from even talking to you.”

She smiled at him, “You’re not jealous are you?”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” was all he replied.

To be continued...
Old 03-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #33
Dregon8

General

Tiesor gave her a quick look over and decided what would best adorn her hip. He selected a scimitar, a curved sword with the blade on one side. It was crudely made but would suffice for the time being. “Here,” he said tossing her the blade, “strap this to your belt.”

The merchant had been glaring at the iksar the entire time he was browsing the wares. “Are ya payin for that lizard, or do I have ta call the guards on ya?” the merchant asked.

Tiesor ignored the insult. Calling an iksar a lizard is the equivalent of calling a human a monkey. The problem for iksar is that after the shattering, when they were forced to live with all manner of idiots in the same city, the name had become commonly used when addressing one. Most chose to ignore it, after all it was coming from lesser beings, though some would still react, Tiesor couldn’t care less. “No, I thought I’d just let her walk away with it,” he said, throwing a bag of silver at the merchants feet.

“Guards!! The iksar is stealing my supplies!! Stop him!!” the merchant cried.  “Hmph, serves ya right, ya cold-blooded wretch.” Tiesor gave him a glare so fierce and promising of death the merchant almost needed a new change of pants.

“How rude!” Sindienu exclaimed. “He paid you the full price and then some!”

“Save your breath, Sin. Talking won’t get us out of this.” Tiesor said unsheathing his weapons as the guards rushed toward them.

“Why don’t we just run then?”

“Because we’ve no reason to, and running would only make it look like the merchant spoke the truth.”

“Please don’t kill them,” she begged him. “They’re only trying to do their job.”

“Hmph, as if he could best them,” the merchant said, feeling a bit more sure of himself.

“Watch yourself,” Tiesor said, pointing his sword at the man, “she told me to spare them, she said nothing of you.”

As the guards approached they slowed themselves and circled the pair. “What seems to be the problem?” the lieutenant asked. At least Tiesor assumed he was the lieutenant, he was the first to speak and the most well equipped after all.

Tiesor pushed Sindienu behind him and faced the speaker. “I could ask you the same question, sir.”

“These two are stealing from me!” yelled the merchant.

“No we’re not, the money we owed you is right there!” Sindienu said back, pointing to the still unclaimed bag of silver on the ground.

The Lieutenant looked at the bag then looked to the merchant. After a few seconds he sheathed his sword. “Allow me to apologize for this man’s behavior,” he said, extending his hand in a friendly manner. Tiesor was unsure how to react. They believed us over him just like that? he thought to himself. The guard must have recognized the puzzled look on the iksar’s face, “It’s not the first time this man has pulled something like this on one of the ‘evil’ races.”

“BUT THEY ARE STEALING FROM ME!!!”

“Bah, shut your yap,” the guard responded. He bent down, picked up the bag of silver and threw it at the man. “Now go back to watching your shop for the real thieves and leave these people alone.”

“Truly, I’m very sorry about that,” the man said turning back to the two ‘suspects’, “But you can’t really be an iksar or a dark elf and not expect to get treated like that this close to Qeynos.”

“Is this how we will be treated in Qeynos?” Sindienu asked.

“Yes, milady, if not worse. You headed in that direction?”

“The thought had crossed our minds,” Tiesor responded, looking to his dark elf companion. Maybe they would just live in the wilderness after all.

To be continued...

(That one fast enough? :smileytongue: )

Old 03-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #34
psychotikfrog

Loremaster

Well, fast enough, yea. But....not quite long enough SMILEY

Keep up the good work man.
psychotikfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #35
Rysva

Loremaster

GoGoGo!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:00 AM   #36
Dregon8

General

They set off from the docks shortly after, crossing over hills and staying to the rocks, leaving as little proof of passage as possible. As they were beginning to stop for the night Tiesor noticed two things. The first thing he noticed was Sindienu seemed to be getting in better shape; they hadn’t had to stop as many times as he had become accustomed to. The other was the terrain of what was called the Thundering Steppes on Antonica was anything but accommodating. Aside from there being hardly any cover from spying eyes, the jagged hills made travel more difficult then it should have been. “Now to find a place out of the chilled wind…” Tiesor said more to himself then anything.

“How about over there?” Sindienu asked, pointing towards an alcove along a cliff side.

“I suppose it’ll have to do,” he responded, giving one last look around for a better spot. Tiesor mulled over whether or not he should risk a fire or chance the cold without one.

His decision was quickly made for him. “Are you going to start a fire or am I going to freeze to death?” He grumbled something but started making the fire anyway. As he was busying himself, the dark elf lay on her back and looked at the sky. “Wow,” she breathed.

He glanced her direction as the flame began to dance among the dry wood, “What?”

“I’ve never seen so many stars before.”

He glanced at the sky, “Have you never seen the sky before?” he asked not noting any real difference.

“Well of course I have, but I guess the lights from Freeport made them harder to see. I just thought it was pretty is all.” She gave a resigned sigh. About that time a piece of cloth landed on her face.

“Put that on,” Tiesor instructed her.

She sat up and looked at the thing which had accosted her face. “This is a wrist guard…Why am I putting on a wrist guard?”

“You’ll need it. Unless you want to get welts.” He grabbed his bow and his quiver of arrows and started off.

She began to follow but stopped before she got to far, “What about the fire?”

“It’ll be here when we get back and if its not I’ll make another. We’re not going far anyway, there are deer about two-hundred yards south of us.”

She looked at her wrist, then looked to the bow across his shoulder. She caught on real quick. “I can’t kill a deer,” she proclaimed.

“By the gods,” he muttered to himself. “You won’t even kill for food? Look, I know you have your ideals, but unfortunately we don’t live in a world where that is feasible.” The smile she gave him was very amused. “What?”

“I just meant I couldn’t kill one with a bow, I mean I’ve never even used one. But it’s sweet that you thought of it that way.”

“………… Oh… So you will kill for food then?”

“Of course.”

“So how is that different then killing other humanoids?”

“It’s not pointless. I might be naïve, but I’m not naïve enough to think I can survive without food. I still think it’s wrong and we shouldn’t have to but it is unfortunately necessary.”

He mulled over her words for a few seconds, letting it seep into him. Her contradictory words, while admittedly naïve, made sense to him in some corner of his mind. “Well, come on then. Do you want to eat tonight or not?”

“But I can’t.”

“Yes you can, you just need a quick lesson,” he said, stalking off into the night.

She trotted after him. “You want to step harder? I’m sure the deer can’t hear you from a mile away,” he growled

“Sorry,” she said with a small pout, slowing her stride and softening her step.

What would normally be impossible for any human without a magical item of some kind was very simple for an iksar and a dark elf. The night would be no obstacle for the advanced night sight of elf and reptile.

Sure enough, the deer were no more then a couple of hundred yards away from the camp fire. It amazed her, and not for the first time, how accurate Tiesor was with direction and distance from smell alone.

“Now before we get any closer, lets see if you can even pull the string back,” he said to her in a whisper, handing her the bow when they were about fifty yards away from the deer. She took it reluctantly. After setting her hands straight on it, she pulled. It didn’t move. She pulled harder, still it didn’t bend. She pulled with all her might, grunting a little with the strain, and finally managed to get it to pull back a little. Tiesor nodded, and said with a smirk, “That’s what I thought.”

“Wait a second, I can easily pull myself into a tree using only my arms, why can’t I do this?”

Tiesor shrugged, “It’s a different muscle for one thing, one you don’t use much in normal circumstances. And for another thing this bow’s pull is stronger then your weight.” She looked at him with a perplexed look on her face. “Think of the pull as the strength of the bow, the higher the pull the further the arrow will fly, in the right hands of course. But the higher the pull, the stronger you have to be to use it.”

She looked at him for a second. “Well, show me how it’s done then,” handing the bow back to the iksar.

“Okay, you were holding the bow correctly and I have to praise you for that, having not held one before in your life.” Very slowly so she could see what he was doing, he strung an arrow, tilted the bow back and let it fly. The arrow cut an unerring arc thru the air and took the weakest of the group mid-neck. “No reason to kill the ones that can survive on their own,” he mumbled to know one in particular, as the rest of the herd scattered from the fallen doe.

Morc meditated at the docks that night. He had reason to believe the ratonga after the iksar and the druid was the same creature he was seeking. Everything and everyone he held dear, slaughtered in the span of one night. Gnolls had attacked his comrades while he was in Qeynos searching for information. It was a massacre. Right away he knew gnolls alone could not have accomplished it. Something much more skilled was behind it all. Even though the piles of gnolls seemed limitless, the only wounds on any of his friends seemed to be a single, well placed dagger whole thru their spines. All except her... she was riddled with cuts and stab wounds and not from any crude weapon the gnolls wielded. He had learned it was Freeport assassin who had coerced the gnolls into attacking his comrades while he was away. The assassin had left a sign for him. The overlord's city wanted him back, alive if at all possible, dead if not. And if he didn't go back the ones he cared for most would continue to be harmed. He assumed the assassin had slipped in unseen and attacked while his comrades were busy with the gnolls, but she wasn’t fooled. She had fought back, but in vain, her swords were never stained with the blood of her enemy. At first he had thought the iksar might have been the one but after fighting him he realized that even though Tiesor could have killed her in a duel he would not have come away unscathed. No, the assassin he was looking for was much more skilled. And that worried him.

To be continued...

Sorry that took so long. Been too busy at work to do much writing... Hope the length kinda made up for it.

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 06-27-2005 02:05 PM

Old 03-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #37
psychotikfrog

Loremaster

work??? what a poor excuse!! SMILEY j/k , so when is the book coming out??

Old 04-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #38
Dregon8

General

As they sat around the fire that night he had to laugh when he watched her. She was struggling so hard with the bow but it wasn’t giving an inch. The chuckle received an icy glare from her which just made him chuckle harder. “So how do I get this muscle stronger?” she asked, tugging on the bow for what seemed the thousandth time.

“Very carefully,” he responded quickly.

She turned her head to one side, stuck her nose in the air and crossed her arms over her chest and pouted, “Fine. Be a jerk about it then.”

He should have become used to the whole pouting thing but everytime she did it it got under his scales and made him want to apologize. He growled, “I hate it when you do that.”

Sindienu smiled at him and gave the iksar a wink, “I know. Why do you think I do it all the time?”

“Hmph." Putting his arms behind his head he closed his eyes and tried to relax, "Practice with your sword if you want to get stronger.”

After a moments pause, “You gonna show me how or am I to learn by myself.”

“Actually I didn’t figure that you’d want to learn, I said it to end the conversation.”

“Well, I’ve been thinking…”

“Careful, that’s dangerous,” he interrupted, still lying back with his eyes closed.

She gave him a glare but continued on, “Ever since I saw you and Morc spar I’ve been thinking, maybe fighting in and of itself isn’t bad, especially if you want to protect the ones you love.” She saw him roll his eyes out of the corner of her’s, “you know, he was right. You can tell a lot about a person by watching them fight.”

Itzal stepped off the boat as quickly as the crowd aloud. Normally he would have forced his way thru by dagger point but he didn’t need that kind of attention right now. It would be more difficult to get answers from the guards after he had killed a few people under their watch.

The ratonga made a straight line to the closest merchant. He suspected the pair he was searching for would kind of stand out here. “Excuses mes.” The merchant turned around to face the speaker. “I’s was wondering if yous happen to notice an iksar and a dark elfses come thrus here not to long agos, maybe a day or twos.”

The merchant harrumphed, of course he remembered them, the injury to his pride was still throbbing, but he wasn’t about to help a ratonga either. “No dark elf nor lizard’s been thru here,” he replied. Itzal stared at the man, he had seen many good liars in his life, this man was not one of them. “Bah, get yourself gone,” the merchant roared, attempting to kick the ratonga out of his shop. Itzal deftly dodged the clumsy ‘attack’. He pulled one of his many daggers from its sheath and ran it across the back of the man’s leg, severing muscle and ligament alike. With a yell of pain the merchant fell to the floor, a puddle of blood quickly forming under his leg.

Itzal wasted no time in jumping onto the mans chest and holding the dagger across his throat. “Yous lucky I’s in a good mood, otherwise a nice fat veins in yous leg would be bleeding you drys about nows. Of course yous’ll never be able to runs again but judging by this lump of flesh,” Itzal said stomping on the man’s stomach, “that’s not something yous did much anyways. Now answer Itzal’s question before the guards get here or Itzals cuts a bigger vein,” he said giving the dagger a bit more pressure, drawing a line of blood across the man’s throat.

The guards couldn’t see what was happening but the commotion from the crowd and the yell that seemed to have started it had certainly got their attention. They were forcing their way thru the crowd as quickly as possible but the merchant knew the assassin would hold to his promise and he wasn’t about to die for the sake of a dark elf and that thrice be damned lizard. “They headed west, I think toward Qeynos, but that’s all I know,” he managed between sobs of pain. Without even thinking about it, a quick flick of the furry wrist finished the man off. Itzal had, after all, never said he wouldn’t kill the man even if he talked. As far as the rat was concerned the man had attacked him and that was worthy of a swift death.

The guards burst thru the inner ring of onlookers and found nothing except the corpse.

Itzal ran down the trail. He had a good guess as to what Tiesor up too. Itzal had to admit that Tiesor was one of the best assassins he knew, but that didn’t mean that Itzal couldn’t follow the reptile’s trail. As he was about to find out, he wasn’t the only one who could follow trails. The monk hadn’t seen the rat exit the ship but the ensuing murder and commotion had caught his attention.

To be continued...

Book you say? I wouldnt mind getting it published but I'm not sure it's quite that good...

(Jeebus, I just realized that beginning has been spelled wrong since i started this thread...)

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 04-12-2005 12:13 PM

Old 04-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #39
psychotikfrog

Loremaster

Lol, few  typos in that lot dude, but yea, didnt realise the subject was wrong SMILEY

Yea a book. When you finish send a copy to a publishing mob, you'd be surprised at what they print!

Old 04-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #40
Dalindeck Avid

Loremaster

Yes, its a great story dude! I just now found it and read through the whole thing non-stop. You should really try to get this published. It would be a lot more interesting to read than crappy school books. AWESOME STORY DUDE! What happens next? :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. WRITE MORE!!!!!!!
Dalindeck Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:53 AM   #41
Sorvani

Loremaster

the race and city names are copyrighted. you can't publish fan fic like this. to publish he'd have to de-EQ the story. The author of a web comic whose name you can't type(danged faarbot) is going throug the process of deciding wheter or not to change his stuff to be publishable.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:52 AM   #42
Dregon8

General

aye well said, however there is a everquest line of books starting so never say never...
and I know which web-comic your talking about too. I suppose if push came to shove and I actually wanted to try, I could make a few simple adjustments. But thats still only IF (if being the opperative word) it was good enough to get published.

ps. new part is being posted tommorow
Old 04-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #43
Dregon8

General

It wasn’t long before Itzal realized he was being followed. Being as confident in his own prowess as he was he decided to confront the pursuer. Slowing to a stop he called out behind him, “Come now, I’s haven’ts got all days to plays with yous, so lets make it quicks.”

Warily, Morc stepped forward. Itzal cocked his head to one side. He had not expected it to be a dark elf. He had expected maybe one of the guards from the dock or some other would-be hero. But not a dark elf. Then it dawned on him: the way this elf wore his hair, his features, the obvious shape of his body. “Illian? Illian Myrindil? Wells, what a nice surprises.”

“That’s no longer my name,” Morc growled.

“Ah, yes. What is thats silly nameses yous go bys now? Morcs Something-or-another.”

“It’s Avgrunnen and I’ll have you remember that.” The monk moved forward in a rush and focused enough force into his punch that it would crack the assassin’s skull open if it connected. Much to Morc’s surprise the rat dodged the attack, easily it seemed. The rat’s sword seemed to appear in his hand in order to slap the monk across the face with the broad side, drawing a very thin, very painful line of blood. It had been ages since Morc knew he was so completely out matched. Morc began to swing again but stopped short as cold steel was pressed against his neck. “Why did you do it?” the monk asked thru gritted teeth.

The ratonga looked at him quizzically, then understood. “Ah, your comrades yous mean. It was a jobs, nothing mores.”

Fighting back the intense anger that passed thru him at the realization that this thing had killed all he held dear for a simple profit, he asked, “On who’s request?”

The ratonga looked the monk in the eyes, still holding the sword to the elf’s neck. After a moment the ratonga decided to tell the monk a little fib, after all a little sibling feud never hurt anyone. “I’s thinks it was your sister.”

Morc staggered backwards as if he had just been struck. “Flynndis? Why would she…” he asked himself thru labored gasps. He had always been close with his sister, up until he left for Qeynos he would have called her his only true friend. And he had thought his heart could sink no lower. His mind went numb, his head slouched down, and his eyes closed. He had nothing left to live for. The ratonga let out a small chuckle. With a resigned sigh Morc asked, “This is all just a game to you, isn’t it. You think others pain and suffering is a thing to laugh at. Well allow me to show you just how WRONG YOU ARE!!!” In rushed Morc leading with a kick that would fell a small tree. Blinking in astonishment, the ratonga wasn’t able to get completely out of the way. The kick clipped Itzal on the shoulder and sent him spinning thru the air. With a quick twist the ratonga righted himself and landed nimbly on his feet. Before the assassin could even begin to regain his bearings the monk was there unleashing such a flurry of attacks that Itzal could do nothing but dance backwards and hope the nearby cliff didn’t meet with his back. Itzal considered himself to be a fast creature. Most things could never keep up with him, even when their lives depended on it. So for him to be so hard pressed to keep up with the monk… it was just something he was most definitely not used too. Blow after blow was parried and countered. The blows were struck so rapidly they sounded as one long ring. Unfortunately for Morc, his body was not used to moving that fast so he couldn’t keep it up for long, Itzal’s, on the other hand, was.

Sword met scimitar as the two faced each other. “Good, good indeed,” Tiesor said, sheathing his sword. Thoroughly exhausted she dropped the sword and fell into him. With a slight laugh he put his arms up and caught her.

“You are certainly not a lenient teacher,” she panted in a tone that could only be duplicated by doing strenuous work.

“That’s not a word that should be used when learning the art of killing.”

“Why can’t you call it something different?”

“Because that’s what it is, no matter how you look at it. The art of swordplay is the art of killing.” They had made it thru the steppes earlier that day and were now camped next to a waterfall on the edge of a forest. It was the first time she had ever used a sword but she had done surprisingly well, given her sheltered life and complete loathing of most things violent. Sindienu seemed to be content to slouch in his arms for she made no attempt to right herself. “I take it you’re done for the day then?” he said, more of a statement then a question.

“Hey! I want to show you something,” she said, jumping to life only to sit down immediately with her legs crossed. Tiesor took a seat relatively close to her. She held her hands right over her legs, palms facing each other and fingers curled as if she were holding an imaginary ball between them. The dark elf was staring so intently at that spot it seemed as if she expected it to burst into flames. Much to Tiesor’s surprise, it did just that. A ball of fire barely the size of a gold coin shimmered between her palms.

She looked to him, her eyes beaming with pride. “Impressive,” the reptile congratulated her, and truly he was impressed. Up until that point he had only seen her cast spells that made plants grow abnormally fast, and of course her saving his life with that heal but that hardly counted as he hadn’t actually seen her do it. “And when did you discover this little talent?”

She shrugged, “I just suddenly knew I could do it. I can’t really explain it.”

“Good, then you get to make our camp fires from now on.”

To be continued...

Got a question for ya'll, should I keep adding the new parts in replys or should i add it to the first post then just add a reply that says a new part is up?
(why is it I only catch most of the grammatical stuff after I post it /sigh...)

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 04-12-2005 12:38 PM

Old 04-13-2005, 03:36 AM   #44
Dalindeck Avid

Loremaster

I like it how you are doing it know. If you added it all to the first place it woud be hard to remember where you were. This story is the best I have ever read. It is awesome! I can't wait for more!! WOOT! and Congratz on the level Dark Elf chick! ....

Great Story!
Dalindeck Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:26 AM   #45
Dregon8

General

Is that what you think happened? hehe well i suppose you could call it a level, though shes not a character i actually play. Just added it for story line purposes, you'll see soon enough :p

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 04-12-2005 08:26 PM

Old 04-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #46
Sorvani

Loremaster

there is a size limit on single posts. so you would never fit 100% of the story on the firs tpost anyway. keep replying! maybe jsut make a new thread once the story is complete. or maybe when a chapter is complete. since i dont know how long you intend for the story to go.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:48 AM   #47
Dregon8

General

“Want me to teach you how?” she asked in an eager voice, a twinkle of anticipation in her eye.

While he was interested in learning how to do it, one look at the expression on her face changed his mind. For some reason the look she was giving him made him nervous. “I think I’ll pass.”

“Oh, come on. You’ve taught me all these things. Why won’t you let me teach you this?”

“Because you’re scaring me.”

“Pleeeeease,” she begged, taking hold of one of his clawed hands with both of hers. Much to Tiesor's displeasure she was putting her big violet eyes to good manipulative use.

“Fine, show me how,” the reptile conceded. “Though I warn you, I’ve never tried to use any magic before.”

She waved her hand in the air as if batting that thought away like she would a bothersome fly. “That doesn’t matter, anyone that has the talent for it can use magic.”

“Does the fact that I’ve never seen myself do anything remotely magical matter at all.”

“I don’t see how you can say that.”

“What do you mean?”

“You can disappear when ever you want too.”

“So. That’s all about the shape of the body and has nothing to do with magic.”

“Bah, I still think you can do it.”

Morc staggered backwards as another cut was placed on his already bleeding fore-arms. As his stagger came to an end he fell to his knee, unable to keep his balance. His breathing was heavy and his energy was spent. He couldn’t last much longer like this.

Itzal stood ready. The monk had gotten thru his defenses once, he wasn’t about to let it happen again. As the monk studied the ratonga he noted no difference in the composure of Itzal. His breath had not shortened, his shoulders didn’t sag from fatigue, in fact there was no indication at all that he had been in a fight for the past fifteen minutes.

“We both knows this fights is overs. If yous would bees so kind as to concedes I can be on my ways,” Itzal said. Morc was thoroughly confused and it showed on his face. “Yous are worth mores alives then deads, and nows that Itzal knows he can defeats you anytime he likes Itzal has mores pressing matters to attends to,” the ratonga explained. “So just scurry offs and lick yours wounds and trys to put up a better fights next times.”

“There won’t be a next time,” the monk responded, struggling to his feet. “You’re not leaving here alive while I still draw breath.”

Itzal sighed, “Then so be it.” Morc knew what was coming and knew he could do nothing to stop the out come. He stood there defiantly as Itzal lunged, sword leading the way. At the last possible moment, as the sword entered his chest, he kicked with what little focus and power he could muster.  Itzal had not been expecting retaliation so he caught the kick full in the chest. Several loud cracks told him more then a couple of his ribs had broken. As he flew backward from the force of the kick, Itzal wondered if he should have just left the monk alone. As Morc fell to the ground, he didn't think about whether or not Itzal would survive, he didn't think about all the things he could have done with the rest of his life. The last thought that entered his mind made him smile like none other could. He would get to see her again.

Itzal landed rather hard on the ground and continued to slide for a couple additional feet. Struggling to catch his breath he decided it couldn’t be avoided. If he hadn’t finished the dark elf off, the monk could have reappeared at a most inopportune moment. The ratonga cursed the gods at running into the monk. His wounds would delay him in his pursuit of the hated iksar.

Itzal staggered over to the fallen monk and removed his sword from the corpse. He knew it was a corpse because all heat was fast leaving the body and his sharp hearing did not pick up a heartbeat. The ratonga wiped his blade off on the body’s clothes then returned it to its sheath.

At a pace much slower then he would have liked, Itzal trudged off, still following the trail of the Iksar and renegade Tier’dal. “Hopefully Itzal could finds a priesteses somewheres along the ways to heal his wounds,” he thought to himself. It wouldn’t do to run into Tiesor in this condition.

To be continued...

Sorry that took so long... hmm, I'll blame, umm... a nuclear reactor blew up near my house, yeah thats it. So i couldnt get back to my computer... yeah. You gotta watch those nuclear reactors, they're extra sneaksy tricksy. *shakes his fist menacingly in no general direction at nothing in perticular and wanders off grumbling about randomnes*

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 04-26-2005 04:09 PM

Old 05-12-2005, 12:53 AM   #48
Dregon8

General

“So what’s the plan?” Tiesor asked.

“Hmm?”

“We can’t be that far from Qeynos. Are we going in or are we going to live out here the rest of our lives?”

She sighed a deep heartfelt sigh. “I don’t know… I’m perfectly happy out here with you, but I think I could use a place with a soft bed and a warm bath. I haven’t felt clean since the day I first met you." Tiesor chuckled to himself. “What?” she asked.

“A druid that misses the convenience and cleanliness of city life, I just find it amusing. I suppose I couldn’t expect much from a high born dark elf. A love for nature and noble blood make for an interesting combination.”

“Well excuse me for enjoying being clean.”

“Oh, come now. Don’t get upset, I meant that as a compliment. That unique blend is what makes you, you.”

“And you like that blend?”

“Of course I do, I wouldn’t still be here if I didn’t.” Her smile nearly took in her pointy ears. Her expression quickly vanished from her face as a throwing dagger flew right by her cheek. It passed so close she felt the wind from it against her skin. She heard a thud as the dagger struck a tree behind her. The glare in the eyes of the iksar left little to the imagination of what he was capable of at that moment.

“Hmm, interesting way to treat a stranger,” came a beautiful voice from almost directly behind her. It was only then that Sindienu realized the reptile was glaring behind her and not directly at her. The cloaked figure pulled the dagger out of the tree and tossed it back to the iksar. Tiesor deftly caught the handle and put it back in it place on his belt. He finally looked at Sindienu to see the tears forming in her eyes. It took him a minute to realize he had probably just scared her half to death.

“There, you see, you made the lady cry,” the figure said, approaching the pair. The clinking of metal against metal could be heard with every step. Sindienu clenched her teeth and turned to face the uninvited guest. Her tears turned into anger, she couldn’t believe he had thrown that so close to her face. Didn’t he care if he missed, or if his fingers had slipped? Did she mean so little to him that he would risk her safety to scare a complete stranger? Much to her surprise, a pair of large reptilian arms encircled her. She wanted to pull away, she wanted to turn around and slap him. But she knew, even if he wouldn’t admit it, it was his way of apologizing. She was still angry at him, to be sure, but she just felt too safe with his arm around her.

“What do you want,” the iksar demanded.

“Not much, I suppose. Some company perhaps, a nice fire to sleep next to.”

“I will not share a fire with one who will not show their face.”

“Well, if that’s all the payment you require…” The figure reached up and removed the hood. Sindienu gasped in surprise. Tiesor had no noticeable reaction. She was a high elf. She might have been pretty if not for the severe burn scar on the right side of her face. She shook her head releasing her golden hair from her cloak, letting it curl its way down her back. Her left eye sparkled blue, while her right one had a perpetual glaze over it in a continuing tribute to the flame that had claimed her face. It seemed a bizarre, macabre battle between good and evil.  “Hmm, a small gasp is all I get today? Well that’s better then most,” she said, absently rubbing her cheek.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you,” Sindienu said emphatically.

The high elf waved her hand dismissively. “Relax young lady, I took none. Truly you are among the ones to have the kindest reaction.” She looked at the iksar, “And I don’t know what to make of yours…”

“You’re dressed as if you were expecting trouble,” Tiesor said, noting the full plate armor the High elf had on.

“I always expect trouble.” She responded flatly. “Forgive me, I haven’t properly introduced myself. I am Tlurielle Nalfyn,” bowing low.

“I see, and your friend?” he inquired.

“Oh, notice her did you?” she said moving her hair a little bit to show a fairy asleep on her shoulder.

“That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!!” Sindienu squeaked, her anger almost forgotten.

“Oh, sure you think that now, but wait till she wakes up,” Tlurielle said. “Hey, Salystar, wake up, you have admirers,” giving the fairy a slight nudge with her hand.

“I’ve never seen a fairy before,” the dark elf commented as the fairy opened it eyes, rubbing sleep from them with her small hands.

“Well, you’re in for a real treat then. They can be quite hyper, and Salystar is worse then most. A word of warning, don’t be offended if she does or says something wrong, she doesn’t mean anything by it.”

About that time the fairy became wide awake. She shoved off of the elf’s shoulder, spread her wings and sped toward Tiesor. He started to duck when she almost instantaneously stopped a mere three inches from his face. “Iksar funny looking,” she squeaked with a thick elvish accent. She zoomed up to the top of his head, “Big spikes on head.” She jumped back in front of his face pulling his lips up, Tiesor tried to pull away but to no avail, “Big pointy teeth.” She rushed down to his hands and poked his claws, “Big pointy fingers. Very mean Iksar must be.” By this time Tiesor was very annoyed, his tail began to twitch. The movement caught the excitable fairy’s attention. “OH! And a tail!” Sindienu gasped, she suddenly had a feeling that the cute fairy was about to be in considerable danger. The fairy flew behind the reptile and ran a hand down his tail. Sindienu twirled around the iksar as the sound of an unsheathing sword found her ears. As he turned to kill his offender Sindienu stepped over his tail that swung toward her. As his sword came around, a couple of things stopped him from completing the swing. The first was a dark elf that latched herself to his arm. The other was a very large sword that parried his own held by Tlurielle.

He blinked a few times to make sure his eyes hadn’t played a trick on him. The high elf had been a good fifteen feet away from him not a second before. And that sword she wielded! Very large was an understatement as far as Tiesor was concerned, “The thing is bloody taller then she is!” he thought to himself. It could easily be used as a giant’s sword and other giants would be envious of its size, yet she held it as if it weighed no more then his did. Who was this woman exactly?

“You’ve got quite a temper good iksar. You should learn to control it better, it might get you into trouble someday,” Tlurielle said without the slightest hint of aggression, or any other emotion for that matter.

Having recovered her position on the shoulder of the High elf, the fairy spoke as if making a note to herself. “No touchy iksar tails. Very dangerous, yes.”

To be continued...

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 05-11-2005 04:16 PM

Old 05-13-2005, 02:24 AM   #49
Eare

Well it's about time SMILEY.  Kidding, nice work.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:46 PM   #50
psychotikfrog

Loremaster

Big rumbling belly laugh.

Rofl.

Love the fairy bit, classic!

Old 05-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #51
Kaitar

Loremaster

I just love the fact that there's another Iksar player out there that understands the concept of calling Iksar a lizard= insult :smileyvery-happy: makes me chuckle a little. Keep posting more!

Kaitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:29 PM   #52
Dregon8

General

“Calm down, Tie,” Sindienu pleaded, still holding onto his arm. His body shook with anger, but he did try to calm down. He pulled his arm away and slowly sheathed his sword. “Oh, and by the way.” SLAP!! His head snapped sideways as her hand connected.

“I suppose I deserved that,” he said. The slap hardly hurt him physically, his scales weren’t just for decoration after all, but it definitely wounded his pride.

“You’re [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] right you deserved that. What were you thinking, throwing that dagger that close to my face? What if your fingers had slipped, or you had missed?” She ranted, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in her hand. His face was a lot harder at that speed then she would have liked.

“The fact remains that neither happened, you are all right, and I got the point across to our ‘guest’ that I was formidable and not an easy target for robbery,” Tiesor retorted.

“What part of her looks like a robber? Honestly, Tiesor, why are you so paranoid about everyone we meet?” she asked him.

“I’m not paranoid. It’s called being cautious. You could stand to learn a bit of caution.”

“Why bother? You have enough for both of us.”

“If I might be so bold as to interrupt this little lovers spat. Mind if I have some of your venison? We’re hungry and haven’t had a chance to hunt for anything.” The look both of them gave the high elf expressed their thoughts on the interruption. “Right, I’ll just help myself then…” She continued, stepping away from the pair and up to the fire.

“Those two funny,” Salystar whispered to the eating high elf.

“Indeed,” she responded.

“Methinks they be trouble, dark elf and iksar.”

“I don’t know about that. They are certainly being followed by it but they aren’t the cause themselves. I’m curious to see what the cause of this trouble is. It’s obviously got the iksar shaken and he doesn’t seem like one to be so,” Tlurielle said glancing over her shoulder at the still bickering pair.

“Perhaps a bounty?” the fairy wondered aloud.

“Perhaps,” a small smirk forming on the burned side of her mouth. “It’s been awhile since we’ve had money. Maybe this is our lucky day.”

“We wait for pursuer?”

“Maybe later, but for now let’s stay with them and see how it goes. I may make a move if an opportunity presents itself but if not, I’d just like to know what they mean to do in the Qeynos area.”

“Trouble is always fun,” the fairy snickered. About that time Sindienu came and “harumph”ed into a sitting position next to the high elf.

“He’s so impossible. I cant even get him to apologize to me even though he knows he’s wrong.”

“He was just trying to protect you,” Tlurielle offered.

“Well he’s got a funny way of doing it. Wait, you’re not thinking he was right to throw that dagger…” she said, looking to the high elf with a shocked expression.

“I never said that. Males, regardless of race it seems, have a strange way of thinking things thru. So where’s he gone off to?” For a second Sindienu thought she saw Tlurielle's good eye flash a deep red, but if it did it left as quickly as it came so she wasn’t sure if it actually happened. I must be imagining things, she thought to herself.

“I can’t say I know or care. I don’t even want to talk to him right now.” Without a word, the fairy launched herself from her perch and flew off. Sindienu watched her go, wondering where Salystar was headed off to. “I can’t imagine he’d be far, being the paranoid lizard he is!” her volume rising on the end of the sentence to make sure he heard the insult. “So speaking of big things disappearing, where did that huge sword of yours go?”

“Which one? This one?” Tlurielle said with a smile. She held her hand over her head and the sword almost instantly appeared in her hand.

“Whoa!” was all Sindienu could manage. “Is it heavy?”

“I don’t think it is,” the high elf responded, holding the sword out at arm length handing it to the dark elf. She assumed she wasn’t as strong as the high elf so she used two hands to try and take it. “You got it?” Tlurielle asked with a smile.

“I think so,” Sindienu responded. Tlurielle smiled wider and let go. Against all her efforts, the druid could not keep the sword from falling. Before the sword could hit the ground and crush the dark elf’s hands, Tlurielle caught the handle and stopped its decent cold.

“Hmm. I guess it is a bit heavy,” the high elf commented rhetorically.

“A bit heavy! That thing weighs more then I do!” Sindienu exclaimed. Tlurielle shrugged as if that was of no consequence. With a snap of her fingers the massive sword disappeared.

"Well it gets its job done. Have you any training with that sword at your hip, Miss..."

“By the gods, how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Sindienu and the idiot is named Tiesor.”

“Sindienu what? Don’t you have a surname?”

“I no longer have a family so I no longer have a surname,” she responded matter-of-factly. Interesting, Tlurielle thought to herself.

The iksar heard her approach before she fluttered into view. Her wings made a very distinctive hum when she flew. Sindienu had been right, he wasn’t too far away from her and he had heard the insult causing his ire to rise higher.

It became obvious to the iksar that Salystar was looking for him. “What do you want, bug,” Tiesor growled in a low voice.

“Eeep!” the fairy squeaked, ducking behind the closest tree. She had not seen the reptile until he spoke to her. “Oh, iksar!” she said peaking out from behind the tree.

“It’s Tiesor,” the fuming assassin growled.

“Tiesor, Salystar. Salystar, Tiesor,” the fairy said as if she were introducing two friends. The iksar smirked in spite of his sour mood. “YAY!” the fairy cheered. “Tiesor doesn’t hate me,” she said while hugging the iskar’s snout.

“Okay, okay. Don’t make a big deal about it,” he said pulling her off of his face.

“I sorry about touching your tail,” she said hanging her head low in a pout. “I never been told not to touch iksar tails.”

“Well don’t do it again,” he said coldly.

The fairy sighed heavily, her shoulders slumping even lower as her wings flapped furiously to keep her aloft, “Yes sir.”

Tiesor forgot about the fairy for the moment and went back to his own thoughts. Maybe he was being paranoid. Of course living in Freeport for as long as he did in his chosen profession, believing everyone was out to get you often wasn’t far from the truth. His thoughts trailed off as the fairy plopped herself onto the top of his head. His eyes moved in her direction. “Tiesor looks sick. Anything I can do to help?” the fairy asked sweetly.

“Yes, shut up and leave me alone.”

The fairy sighed again, “Meany iksar. I try to help, and insults all I get. Tiesor must know that scaring people off just another way of running. He does, yes?” She peered down at him from over his eyebrows.

Now it was Tiesor’s time to sigh, admitting defeat to the fairy. Arguing with strong willed women all night had worn him out more then any battle he had ever been in.

To be continued...

Yay for quick additions to stories. And of course its an insult, I don't personally like being called a monkey myself. This addition to the story was written realtively fast (as in a couple of hours) and while I was parshly asleep so be kind to it but by all means critique it if you think I should go back and fix it.

(Optional inner monologue: Hmm, my writing has a lot of dialogue in it... I wonder if thats normal...)

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 05-17-2005 02:39 PM

Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 PM   #53
Kittypoo

Loremaster

I truly love this story and it seems to flow very well.  You are a very talented writer.  More please SMILEY

Edit: I hope you are saving this somewhere off the boards.  It would be a shame to lose this to the board gremlins.

Phayd, lvl 35 Wizard of the Light, Unrest server

Message Edited by Kittypoo on 05-20-2005 12:31 PM

Old 05-24-2005, 02:12 AM   #54
Dregon8

General

Itzal trudged along. Every step he made sent a shock of pain thru his body. He was quite certain now that his broken ribs had punctured one of his organs. His vision blurred, whether from the pain or from the internal bleeding he was sure was happening, he couldn’t tell. He stopped a moment and took a balancing breath, then continued on. As he rounded a bend in the valley he was following he came before a most welcome sight. A village, it wasn’t much of one but it was still a village. A village out in the wilderness could never survive without a priest or two, or so Itzal told himself. An shock of pain enwrapped his body, forcing him to his knees. As he fell to the ground his stomach contracted forcing him to heave. Blood flowed freely from his mouth as the heaving came to an end. Steadily he got to his feet and continued to the village. As he approached the guards shouted to him, “Halt and make yourself known.” He looked into their eyes and promptly collapsed to the ground, his blood loss over coming him.

Itzal slowly opened his eyes. It felt as if he had been asleep of weeks, his body was aching in more then one place. He took a look around a very unfamiliar room with a couple of unfamiliar faces. There was a human female sitting in a chair next to the bed he laid on and the male gnome across the room seemed to be talking to himself. As soon as the thought registered that he was lying down with a potential threat not four feet from him he exploded into action. Within the span of two breaths Itzal was up and had himself behind the female with a dagger to her throat. She let out a gasp of surprise then held very still.

“Whos are yous and whys am I’s here?” The gnome across the way seemed to be oblivious to it all.

“You’re here because you collapsed out side of our town and the guards brought you to us. I’m just his assistant, please don’t kill me!” she said tears rolling freely down her face.

“And whos is he?” Itzal asked, pulling the dagger tighter drawing a small line of blood.

“He is a priest! A shaman! He healed you, you would have died without our help!”

“Yous didn’t answer mys question,” the dagger sinking steadily deeper.

“His name is Thumble! His name is Thumble!” she nearly screeched.

At the mention of his name the oblivious gnome looked up. “Oh, goodness me. You’re awake? And a ratonga? Wait, but of course you are, I knew that, silly me of course you’re awake, you can’t be scratching Ms. Smith’s neck while being asleep now can you? And if you can, do you do this often? But what is a ratonga doing here? You can’t be the same fellow that was on death’s door but moments ago. No, no, he wasn’t a ratonga, he was obviously some type of badger-gnome cross. Which I don’t quite understand as it is a physical impossibility for a badger and a gnome to mate. Not that I know from experience mind you. But if you’re a ratonga and that poor fellow was a badger-gnome, I’ll call him a banome, then you couldn’t possibly be the same creature so couldn’t possibly be awake!!!”

Itzal had never been so confused in his life. He completely forgot about his hostage and stared incredulously at the gnome as the human released herself from his hold and ran to hide herself behind the shaman. Which was no easy feat being easily two times larger then he was.

“Now then, my asleep friend, what can I do for you today? Are you here to help in my studies? Or perhaps Thimble sent you, hmm? Ah yes it must be Thimble, my arch rival, why else would you threaten my trusted student! So, you have been found out! You are Thimbles lacky and don’t try to deny it. So what does he want this time, hmm? Ingredients to my rock a la jum jum soup or perhaps my instructions on how to move a city with badger grease? Well too bad!! He shall get none of it! None of it I say!!”

His assistant tapped on his shoulder and whispered something in his ear. “Eh? What’s that you say dear? THIS is the banome I healed earlier? Don’t be foolish girl, he is clearly a ratonga and hasn’t got a drop of badger blood in him.” She leaned and whispered into his ear again. Thumble sighed, “Good ratonga, could you please tell this foolish assistant of mine that you are a ratonga not a banome and that you weren’t in mortal peril moments ago.”

After a moments pause Itzal spoke up, “I's had indeeds been injured earliers, though whethers yous were the ones to heals me or nots is still up for debates.”

“There you see girl…” Thumble started, until the statement fully registered. “Oh, oh my. Why, I’m at a loss for words…”

“That’d be a first,” Ms. Smith muttered.

To be continued...

And yes I do save this in a place other then these message boards. I actually type it in M-word then just copy and paste. I've had far to many posts simply disappear when trying to submit them.

(Hope I did Thumble justice Yar)

Old 05-24-2005, 06:01 AM   #55
y

Yes, you did Thumble justice...  Its sad when someone else can roleplay your own character better than you can.  And yes to all those fools out there i do rp Thumble like that.  Its great fun :smileyvery-happy:
Old 05-25-2005, 12:45 AM   #56
Zilqamr

Loremaster

at the risk of souding childish

MORE MORE MORE
Permafrost
http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/player.vm?characterId=333139204
Zilqamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #57
Dregon8

General

“So, what are you two doing so close to Qeynos?” Tlurielle asked, taking a bite out of the venison she had taken.

“I’m fleeing Freeport and he is my escort, more or less,” Sindienu said with a sigh.

“On who’s orders?” Tlurielle asked.

“His own. He actually started out as an assassin with me as his mark but a fortunate turn of events had me saving his life,” she let out an even bigger sigh. “Sometimes I think that’s the only reason he keeps me around.”

“That’s not true and you know it,” came a deep voice from behind where they were sitting. Both elven ladies looked back as the iksar approached. Despite her mood Sindienu had to smile, the fairy seemed to have found a comfortable spot and now reclined on the top of Tiesor’s head. As they walked closer, Salystar jumped from his head and landed on his shoulder, she leaned over and whispered in his ear, at least that’s what the dark elf assumed she was doing. She must have said something he didn’t like because now he was scowling. “Fine,” the iksar muttered. Without another word the fairy fluttered off of his shoulder and flew over to the high elf and stole a small bit of meat.

“Sin, can I talk to you for a minute?” Tiesor asked.

“Um, okay.” That was very much, not what she expected him to say.

As the two walked away from the clearing the high elf’s good eye throbbed red.

“So what did you want to talk to me about?” the dark elf asked, when she thought they had gotten far enough away from the camp.

“I’m sorry,” Tiesor muttered.

“What was that?” she asked, not really knowing if she had heard him right or not.

“I said, I’m sorry, alright? Happy now?” he growled.

She smirked, “Not totally, but it’s a good start.”

He let out a heavy sigh, “You know I didn’t mean to scare you, right? That was never my intention.” He slumped against a tree and slid down to a sitting position. She walked over to the tree and almost mimicked his descent.

“Apology accepted,” she said, giving him a playful nudge with her shoulder. “Now, was that so hard?”

“I’d rather chop my tail off then do that again.” She laughed inwardly and shook her head at him.

Tlurielle prompted the fairy, “So?”

“He skilled… and quiet as a hunting cat, but nothing you can’t handle.”

“Any weaknesses?”

“Aye, dark elf.”

“Ah, care for her does he?” the high elf smirked at the thought.

“A bit.” The tone of the fairy’s voice made it clear that that was a heavy understatement. “TIESOR!!” the fairy screeched as the pair came back into view. Salystar made a straight shot for the iksar and nearly knocked him over when she collided with his face.

“It would seem she likes you, iksar,” Tlurielle said to him with a smile.

“So whats do I owe yous?”

“Owe? Why, what ever do you mean? Surely you can’t expect any money you have to be worth my valuable time, no no no. You must mean your services, hmm? So what is it that you do? Are you a performer? Yes, that must be it! You received that injury from some death defying stunt! Though it was hardly death defying was it? What with you being so close to death and all. I might like to see this stunt of yours. If you almost die again do not fret, I will heal you promptly. For I am the most magnificent shaman you will ever meet.”

Itzal had had more of this idiotic gnome’s banter then he could take. He suddenly shot forward drawing a small scream from Ms. Smith, intending to silence the gnome for good. Much to his own surprise, his sword stopped about half an inch from the gnome’s throat. “Bwahaha, silly rodent. You think you could get the jump on me? So I was right after all! Thimble did send you! This is a brash move even for him but I shall not be intimidated! He is afraid of my greatness and seeks to destroy me! But that shall not happen as long as I’m around!”

As the gnome rambled on about his “greatness” and arch-nemesis Thimble, Itzal tested the ward with a few quick taps of his sword. Despite the gnome’s seemingly inept mind, the ward was well cast. Itzal estimated that it would take no less then an hour to wear off and that was an hour he could spend chasing the mark he sought desperately to find. Without further delay, Itzal sheathed his sword and left the cabin. The sound of the gnome’s illogical words chased Itzal to the edge of the town before the sounds of the wild finally drowned them out. How that human girl could stand to be around so annoying of a creature was beyond the ratonga’s comprehension.

To be continued...

So what is with Tlurielle's eye going red like that..... (insert evil laugh)

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 06-03-2005 04:47 PM

Old 06-06-2005, 10:48 PM   #58
Falamezar

Loremaster

Dregon828 wrote:

So what is with Tlurielle's eye going red like that..... (insert evil laugh)

ooo, you ARE evil.  getting my intrest up like that, Shame on you! :smileywink: 

seriously though, great work.  Wish i had half the talent you do.  Keep them comming:smileyhappy:
Falamezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:57 AM   #59
y

All i gotta say is that Thumble is absolutely the greatest character ever created.   :smileyvery-happy:
Old 06-09-2005, 02:46 AM   #60
Dregon8

General

“There she is,” Tlurielle said as they crested the hill, the city of Qeynos coming into view, as the sun set over the distant hills.

“It’s gorgeous,” Sindienu breathed.

“Yes, I suppose it is, though you’ll get used to it, especially when you realize that the beauty is only skin deep,” the high elf responded.

“How do you mean?”

"Lots of the races here think theirs better then others. Wouldn’t even let me in gates if I not hide in bag,” the fairy pouted from her perch on Tiesor’s head.

“Only reason they even let me in the gates is because I have made myself useful in the past. Of course that’s understandable.”

“Why wouldn’t they let you in the gates?” Tiesor wanted to know.

“Lets just say that I and the guards have had our fair share of disagreements. I’m not even allowed in the Greystone Yard anymore.”

“Greystone Yard where dwarves and Barbarians live,” the fairy explained. “They like to pick fights with Rey for no good reason.”

“I think they see it as a way to prove themselves,” Tlurielle said.

“What do you mean?” Sindienu asked.

“My guess would be they think her a worthy opponent,” Tiesor responded, with a growing respect for the high elf’s prowess. If the barbarians saw her as a right-of-passage she must be formidable indeed. “You should consider it a compliment; for the barbarians to consider you that way is high praise indeed.”

“You seem to know an awful lot about them, good iksar,” Tlurielle said.

“Well when you live with them as your neighbors for most of your life, you tend to pick up a few things,” he responded with a sarcastic edge.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

What’s that? he thought to himself.

Thump

It needs to stop.

Thump

That hurts…maybe I can stop it, with extreme effort he moved his arm.

“He moved!!” a female voice exclaimed.

“Of course ‘e did. Whad’ya think I was beatin' on 'is chest for? Ah told you ‘e wasn’t dead,” a gruff voice replied.

“Well I’m sorry, most normal people with a hole thru their chest and their body as cold as ice would be considered dead.”

“Bloody Hell, ya wee lass, don’t cha know a monk when ya see one?”

“Hmph, I guess not.”

“Now be a good lass’n see what you ken do bout the less life-threatenin cuts on ‘is arms’n legs.” The dark elf slowly opened his eyes, the world seemed a blurry mass of spinning motion. “There ya are, lad,” said the same gruff voice. “Ya got a bit’o damage done ta ya. Right lucky ta be alive, ya are. Not many could be used as a pincushion and come away alive! Harharhar!” As his vision began to settle itself the image of a dwarf with a fiery orange beard and long hair greeted him. Where was he? Or more importantly Who was he? He couldn’t remember much before blacking out. And what he could, he wished he’d forget. “Well I’ll be. If it isn’t Morc,” the dwarf said, a look of recognition crossing his face. Morc? Yes, that was his name wasn’t it. His memory came rushing back to him in an instant, nearly over whelming him.

“Oh, you know him?” said the female voice. Morc looked around for the source and found a Halfling concentrating on his left leg where a particularly deep wound was.

“Eh, thru reputation only,” the dwarf responded. “So what got a hold of ya? From the looks of it I’d say ya [Removed for Content] off the wrong rat. Am I right?” The expression alone on Morc face told the dwarf all he needed to know. “I thought so,” was all the dwarf said.

“I need to find Tiesor,” Morc muttered.

“Eh? What was that, lad?”

“I said I need to find Tiesor,” he responded, forcing himself into a sitting position.

“Now, hold on there lad. You’re in no condition to go running after some bloke, just sit back and let Jewls do her business,” the dwarf said putting a strong hand on the dark elf’s shoulder and forcing him back down.

“Aye, aye. Make sure not to move to much. I might end of fixing something that doesn’t need to be fixed. And what a mess that would be.”

As the four sat around the fire that night outside the Qeynos walls, the howl of the gnolls could be heard in the distance. Tlurielle closed her eyes tightly. It was clear they were moving behind her eyelids. Salystar flew over to the high elf’s shoulder and whispered in her ear, “Is it time?” Tiesor and Sindienu were too involved in their own conversation to take note of the other two’s doings.

“Oh yes,” the high elf responded, the sound of her voice catching the odd pair’s attention. As she opened her eyes Sindienu gasped. The high elf’s good eye shown with a fury that neither the iksar nor the dark elf had ever seen. It’s crimson color burning like no fire ball ever could.

To be continued...

I don't know about that Yarr. I mean he is fun to write for to be sure. Randomness is always fun, but there is no substance to him. What you see is what you get, just isnt very interesting to me. But meh, if you like him more power to ya.

And ya'll didn't think I had killed Morc did ya?

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 06-08-2005 06:57 PM