EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
Darmin

Loremaster

I think they must be in love on the Vox server. There are so many guards in this zone and it's getting taken advantage of everyday. I go to ANT daily to PvP. All I get are raids and guard hugging every where I go. I mean I will get in a 1v1 or a 2v1, start annihilating the q's then when they hit red or low power they haul [Removed for Content] over to the guards for protection which is undeniably pathetic and rediculous. 99% of the time they will only fight if the have a raid group, or atleast 5 other guys behind them (Trillin that means you). I mean not only is vox nearly dead as it is, but the q's that are there just make pvp so unfun now days. I say remove the guards, or maybe we should just force some of the q's to grow balls somehow. All the guards are doing is ruining PvP IMO.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Sightless

Loremaster

Guards protect solo players and small groups from those x2, x3 raids who're not smart enough to have someone run off the guards and chase those who're hiding behind them to the city.

You too would use the guards until the numbers are even, though I've found out my enemy will always flee once the numbers are even, and we charge. They always have to protect them titles. SMILEY

Old 08-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Christopherleero

General

i feel ya darmin and i know the peeps ur on about too.... trillin, curza and pyscho. I seem to see these lot gang up on solo targets all the time but when they got more healers like fyrefly and freinds they seem to instantly grow some [I cannot control my vocabulary]! when imho if they was solo or being beaten they quick sprint too gnollslayers keep yes its pathetic and i agree SAD but then again they are title huggers and if they feel threatend they are gonna chicken out and run to nearest guard or i like to call free fame spots... cause if they root u near a guards agro... ur basically a free fame node.

dont know wat ur complaining about though and imho they probably dont care what anybody says here ... after all they think there leet but im definately taking dessy away from curza again maybe even mute him into hunter again lolz

ps. also ull notice ther both healers... the most sought after class for pvping in early tiers but then so are u darmin lol

Christopherleero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
Sightless

Loremaster

Christopherleeroks wrote:

i feel ya darmin and i know the peeps ur on about too.... trillin, curza and pyscho. I seem to see these lot gang up on solo targets all the time but when they got more healers like fyrefly and freinds they seem to instantly grow some [I cannot control my vocabulary]! when imho if they was solo or being beaten they quick sprint too gnollslayers keep yes its pathetic and i agree SAD but then again they are title huggers and if they feel threatend they are gonna chicken out and run to nearest guard or i like to call free fame spots... cause if they root u near a guards agro... ur basically a free fame node.

dont know wat ur complaining about though and imho they probably dont care what anybody says here ... after all they think there leet but im definately taking dessy away from curza again maybe even mute him into hunter again lolz

What do you mean by mute someone into hunter? And I wasn't aware people were forced to fight so close to guard stations.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Christopherleero

General

Sightless wrote:
Christopherleeroks wrote:

What do you mean by mute someone into hunter? And I wasn't aware people were forced to fight so close to guard stations.

hmm lets see when u pvp do u try to stick to where the fame is more rich... i.e spawn spot at ts for fpers or do u wonder in antonica hoping ur next target can give u fame or isnt just a red lvl 40 farmer when ur like lvl 20! gnollslayers keep the guards on the bridge near nq these are both main pvping areas in antonica and if there wasnt guards there they would have to zone.... but wait u cant zone while fleeing a engaged target in pvp... the guards are there instant haha u cant touch me space also sprint can take u too far places across antonica like i can sprint from the qeynos griffin too SQ gate or even nq gate bridge or maybe one of those towers nearby with agro sentries too fp toons.... its too easy for most qs in ant too pvp u dont get that in CL no sir!

ps. [Removed for Content] did anybody see them change it on the update notice from 2 hours to 4 hours downtime.... cause that suks

Old 08-14-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Roald

Loremaster

Antonica is a qeynos aligned zone. Qeynos has guards in it. If it bothers you that much, pvp in a different zone.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
Christopherleero

General

[email protected] wrote:

Antonica is a qeynos aligned zone. Qeynos has guards in it. If it bothers you that much, pvp in a different zone.

and cl is aligned for freeportians and neriak evil aligned toons... but count the guards available to run too in ant and then look at cls...... hmm yeah no contest antonica is more set out so qs can run into the nearest tower cept for oracle tower non agro and in every tower there is guards u can believe that they even got 2 at claymore 1 at cabin 2 at gnoll keep 2 at ardent keep and near enough 2 at each tower througout antonica... now lets look at cl... xroasds is one central space where guards are prominent 11 alltogether 4 exits 2 at each 2 at that tower thing in x roads and 1 wondering around im not counting the gate ones... to be honest no contest again antonica is easy fame zone for qs and cl is easy for q'S tiny butts in all fairness tell me where there isnt a quick zone out or guard huggin within run... cause i assure u Commonlands has hardly any in between where ant does! oh and also where is freeporters epic guard on the dock bells... seems qeynos has one where is ours.... /nerf antonica all say I

guarded entrances in ant 2 =4 guards

docks in ant is guarded another really powerful guard hes epic dont u know=1 guard

cabin =1 guard

ardent keep thing = 2 guards 1 out of agro if u enter front though but still counts as a guard non the less...

gnollslayers keep =2 guards this a free fame spot too for qs when rooted note this down boys!

claymore = 2 guards 25^^^ heroic ouchies

there are 3 towers in ant all within good run distance =6 guards

antonica tally for easy guard hugging -= 18 guards in total ... thats with 1 epic

tally for CL

guarded entrances in cl 3 = 6 guards

1 more place guarded xroads and thats really it.... 2x4 exits 1 roaming random 2 at tower =11

guards in cl total= 17 guards

now this is totally unfair as x raods is a little piece of the map where the qs guards cover it so well!

GMS PLEASE TRAIN LUCAN D LERES GUARDS TOO GUARD A WIDER SPACE THEN XROADS THEN WE WILL HAVE A FIGHGTING CHANCE IN CL!

im sure the devs are qeynos aligned >_>

Old 08-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #8
Norrsken

Loremaster

Not this subject again? Its been beaten to death time and time again. Yeah, ant has more guards than dlw or CL. then again, I'd say kelething and gfay has far less guards aggro to evil than either dlw or cl. And, to be honest. Guards? My gods. Every single time my old crew were out hunting and people hid behidn the guards a plate wearer simply ran off with the guards while the rest of the group mopped up the qs. guards are mobs. Mobs are stupid.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #9
PeaSy1

Loremaster

When im on my ranger (Dudos) i dont see fp leaving there rez point at ts =/. (Considering i never leave there)
PeaSy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #10
PeaSy1

Loremaster

Btw in cl your missing 2 guards theres 1 at least of those scouts by the 2 towers on the road from wfp to xoads. And theres another one in one of the towers as your looking out of wfp gates to the left.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #11
kreepr

General

[Removed for Content] Dudos, you must have one sickass computer cause standing at the Gnollslayer keep I cant really see anyone at the TS rez point....................

Havent seen you around where you been hiding??

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #12
Norrsken

Loremaster

PeaSy1 wrote:
Btw in cl your missing 2 guards theres 1 at least of those scouts by the 2 towers on the road from wfp to xoads. And theres another one in one of the towers as your looking out of wfp gates to the left.
The two scouts are however not aggro to Qs are they? Im fairly certain they werent when I had one at least. Much in the same way the guards by the oracle tower arent aggro to freeporters.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #13
kreepr

General

Yeah he also forgot the Q guards that are up on the hill by the Q camp rez point in CL
Old 08-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #14
Darmin

Loremaster

kreepr13 wrote:

[I cannot control my vocabulary] Dudos, you must have one sickass computer cause standing at the Gnollslayer keep I cant really see anyone at the TS rez point....................

Havent seen you around where you been hiding??

HAHAHA, my point exactly.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Darmin

Loremaster

Mi[email protected] wrote:

And CL is evil aligned.. We don't suck bad enough to have to hug the 4 guards we have there..
Old 08-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
PeaSy1

Loremaster

no not the scouts out in the road but the ones behind the tower against the wall. And i usually dont log my ranger in anymore i sit there at ts look at about grays muster p about 30 of them and then try to jump me i run around laugh and eventually they give up. And ffs my ranger is CAMPED at your rez point everyonce in a while ill catch some low titled nub own him then all those q guard boys show up on the griff to proclaim victory.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #17
PeaSy1

Loremaster

And ya know ghila why does it matter to you where i pvp sorry but slayers cant take fame from dreads SMILEY
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #18
Norrsken

Loremaster

PeaSy1 wrote:
no not the scouts out in the road but the ones behind the tower against the wall. And i usually dont log my ranger in anymore i sit there at ts look at about grays muster p about 30 of them and then try to jump me i run around laugh and eventually they give up. And ffs my ranger is CAMPED at your rez point everyonce in a while ill catch some low titled nub own him then all those q guard boys show up on the griff to proclaim victory.
Cant seem to remember more than one. I suppose its Ari you mean?

Old 08-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
kreepr

General

PeaSy1 wrote:
And ya know ghila why does it matter to you where i pvp sorry but slayers cant take fame from dreads SMILEY

Yeah well I haven't been slayer for a while so guess that doesn't matter......

You would know that if you left the Gnollslayer Keep ounce in a whileSMILEY

I do have to comment that it wasnt until after Hookshot got nerfed that you stopped logging Dudos with that shinny little Dread title that you should be so proud of, considering Hookshooting into guards got it for you.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #20
Darmin

Loremaster

kreepr13 wrote:
PeaSy1 wrote:

Yeah well I haven't been slayer for a while so guess that doesn't matter......

You would know that if you left the Gnollslayer Keep ounce in a whileSMILEY

I do have to comment that it wasnt until after Hookshot got nerfed that you stopped logging Dudos with that shinny little Dread title that you should be so proud of, considering Hookshooting into guards got it for you.

FTW, again.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #21
Spacezzz

Loremaster

Unlock and stop camping noobs and the guards will turn grey.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #22
kreepr

General

Stick your finger back in your nose your brain is slipping out............
Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #23
PeaSy1

Loremaster

lol ok i had hook for a month maybe but have been dread for like....6 since ive specced away from hook ive lost and regained dread at least 6 times. I actually just got it back the other day again cause "Champion" Balerdoni thought id be a easy 1v1 with his manashield mind you i lost 15% hp in that fight out in the middle of thundering steppes no guard no aggro no nothin, just him gettin his [Removed for Content] kicked in a 1v1 he even logged his q to complain about my cheap kiting tactics =/. And funny thing the only thing hook got me was from champ to dread.... but this was when my guild actually played and wed roll ant of the fp. And mind you it was usually the raids of fp that kicked the [Removed for Content] of those myst of avalon nubs that we would roll with just a 5-6 man. And i dont log that toon as much anymore cause id rather go play on a server where i can actually find pvp.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #24
Roald

Loremaster

Darmin wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

And CL is evil aligned.. We don't suck bad enough to have to hug the 4 guards we have there..
You mite not, but im sure some people do SMILEY . And for some strange reason Qs get guards in CL, as well as having more places to hide in ant. Sometimes i wonder why the majority of cowards are on the qeynos side. Kinds chicken and egg if you ask me. Did the cowards roll on qeynos so their twinks would have more places to hide, or did they become cowards due to the availability of the places to hide.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #25
PeaSy1

Loremaster

The guard im referring to is along the back wall or the left side tower facing wfp the only reason i even know its there was cause i was trying to cut off a runner and ran right into him and he one shotted me.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #26
PeaSy1

Loremaster

I would hardly consider those lvl 29 non heroics guards. Considering ive actually run up there when my sk was 25 and killed the q that ran there to hide while every "guard" was on me and maybe took 500 dmg from them
Old 08-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #27
kreepr

General

PeaSy1 wrote:
lol ok i had hook for a month maybe but have been dread for like....6 since ive specced away from hook ive lost and regained dread at least 6 times. I actually just got it back the other day again cause "Champion" Balerdoni thought id be a easy 1v1 with his manashield mind you i lost 15% hp in that fight out in the middle of thundering steppes no guard no aggro no nothin, just him gettin his [I cannot control my vocabulary] kicked in a 1v1 he even logged his q to complain about my cheap kiting tactics =/. And funny thing the only thing hook got me was from champ to dread.... but this was when my guild actually played and wed roll ant of the fp. And mind you it was usually the raids of fp that kicked the [Removed for Content] of those myst of avalon nubs that we would roll with just a 5-6 man. And i dont log that toon as much anymore cause id rather go play on a server where i can actually find pvp.

HUM that funny it's been six months since the update that changed Hookshoot?????

OK just keep telling your self that maybe someone will belive you...........

Yeah have fun on Naggy

Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #28
PeaSy1

Loremaster

hook was changed 2 months ago -.-
Old 08-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #29
kreepr

General

Yeah that was kinda my point there skippy.....

Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #30
PeaSy1

Loremaster

So then what are you saying? I got rid of hook a good 3 months before it was nerfed. But am still a Dread?