EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Kalath

In regards to Warlock's high end spells (not high enough level to try this stuff out myself quite yet):

I would just point out that there is already considerable confusion as to our level 50 spells and thier usage.

From what I have heard sofar both are the exact same spell at the moment (on live) even though one is supposed to be our big lvl50 DD nuke (the Warlock's version of Ice Comet-- Devastation) and one is supposed to be an AE with a special effect (stun line of AE I believe-- Dark Nebula)... this is supported by the spells descriptions on the EQ2Players page.

Since it makes sense that one would be DD and one would be an AE spell, I would pretty much assume that this is an error either in:

1) The patch notes themselves
2) The implementation of the spells

Any Warlocks on test high enough to actually TEST these things might wanna check on Netheros while they are at it, I'd assume no news is bad news, make sure to keep reporting the problems as many ways and times as possible =)
Kalath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Thyri

give you a free bump as id also like to know that very much
Thyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
Raxe Sla

me also
Raxe Sla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Mistfootief

there are no players on test that are that high i dont think unless one transfered there
Mistfootief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
Veldri

Well, if there aren't any players that high, that will be a problem, or do they buff players to test the lvl 50 spells? Either way, would be very interesting to get info on this topic./VeldriusCurrently hyped on: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Veldri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #6
shu

I would also like to find out if Devastation has been changed to AoE.  If so this will really hurt the Warlock class.  Could we get a Dev just to verify the change and let us know as we do not have any High level Warlocks on Test...Or if we do they arent posting any info.  Thanks in advance.

Shuma
shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #7
Kaz

Don't make us the farmbot class by giving us two lvl 50 AOE, thanks.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
Thyri

well changed isnt the right word. At the moment both ARE AoE Spells, exact copies of each other, so Devastation needs a fix to become the DD in its description first. And my hope on this info relays on someone that transfered as a 50 Warlock here
Thyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:13 AM   #9
Kalath

Since there are apparently no lvl 50 Warlocks on test atm, could we get a dev or inhouse tester to take notice of these changes and perhaps post what's up?
Old 02-12-2005, 05:56 AM   #10
Zaphenath

General

Hey fellow Warlock followers.  I dont have the info we're looking for, but I too would certainly like to know what the deal is. What I do know is what I've heard about all post 40 spells; For most classes these spells don't really work the way they should if at all.

But hang in there and I'm sure they'll get it worked out.  Knowing if the 2 lvl 50 spells are both AoE would certainly be nice though. Dev's think you can check this?

Thanks,

Message Edited by Zaphenath37 on 02-13-2005 07:13 PM

Old 02-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #11
Kaz

Bump
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:30 AM   #12
Raxe Sla

bump
Raxe Sla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:53 AM   #13
aeio

Bumping threads is against the rules of the forums.http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=rules&message.id=12
aeio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:40 AM   #14
Kalath

Still no answer to this?

Disappointing, I'd really like to know both how this is working and whether it is supposed to be working like it is.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:10 AM   #15
Miral

Tester

and sending a bug report on the same thing over and over is against the unwritten, uninforced rules. report it once. If its changed and has a different bug, you can report it again. But more and more of the same report just makes it harder for the QA people to sort out the duplicates, thereby making it take longer for a patch to be released.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:24 AM   #16
Faarwolf

Developer

It's true that submitting feedback or a bug over and over will only clog up the reporting system and make it take longer for us to sort through them all.  Also, please do not bump threads.
"Where once I enforced, I shall now enjoin."
Faarwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:27 AM   #17
Cast

General

rofl after seeing a mod ask not to bump a thread of importance and seeing how things have been done before I feel bad for you all. Odds are youll have 2 aoe's for a few months before they fix it.
Cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:03 AM   #18
Ibis

General

pity for the warlocksthis is officially not a bump.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:49 AM   #19
Kalath

Ahem, beg your pardon but at the moment we don't even know if these are broken or "working as intended".

If they change how an ability works in a patch, and you test it to find it not working as it is supposed to work... for instance, said fact that Warlocks are designated as having a DD and an AE at 50 but the patch notes indicate that both have been altered as if they are AE, what the hell are we supposed to do other than /bug it?

These two abilities have been broken since release, we can't really verify what they *should* be doing, but if they change in an illogical and apparently still broken fashion, isn't that what /bug reports are FOR?

Granted we should be able to test these things on the test server before the patch goes live, but it is obvious that not one of us player's has that capacity at the moment.  Could you perhaps find a better answer for us, or find someone who can at least tell us if these are broken or not?!?!?

ANY HELP WILL GREATLY BE APPRECIATED BY ALL WARLOCKS!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:02 PM   #20

Nobody is saying, "do not /bug".Of course they want you to use their /bug feature!Just don't do it multiple times for the same bug, unless you think you might have new information that would help with tracking down or fixing the bug.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #21
Victicu

Thyriel wrote:
well changed isnt the right word. At the moment both ARE AoE Spells, exact copies of each other, so Devastation needs a fix to become the DD in its description first. And my hope on this info relays on someone that transfered as a 50 Warlock here

no at the moment on Live servers they are both DD spells...on test they are changed to both be AoE spells by what the patch notes say.