EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
Errrorr
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Validus

Lord

How is this going to work in regards to raid mobs.

Does this mean all the guilds that didnt have the CM for Drunder HM, are now going to be able to sweep through and clear it all in a week, when some guilds have spent months working against broken mobs.

Or does this mean you are going to boost a load of mobs damage, making all content broken, and set back lots of guilds once again.

I liked Crit Mit personally. It gave me something to aim for, something to ask for when I wanted to know what kind of player I was getting in a group.

Remove Crit mit from Group situations, and Easy Mode raiding, but not Hardmode Raiding. Or is this just your solution, instead of fixing broken mobs in Drunder, you will just make it so everyone and their dog can now clear the zone?

Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #32
Wolfsbaine
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wartorn

Loremaster

I think that is great. I didnt mind having CM in the game. I liked it better in SF when it was only needed for HM content. I think it should have been left in for Challenge Mode. The same for instances too. I would like to see Critical Debilitation changed so that it gives us another stat. Maybe 5% MA per rank. I would like 10 or 20% but I dont want to sound too greedy. I know some wardens prefer spell damage and some like melee

Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #33
Ge'Sar

Loremaster

Only what, two and a half years to realize what the long time players told them on day one of this horrible idea!  SOE is improving, only.....

*looks around* where are the long time players now? 

Ge'Sar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #34
Sarriss
Server: Oasis
Guild: Keepers of the Oak

Loremaster

And what does this mean for Crit, if mobs nolonger have critmit, then I no longer need 300 crit chance. This also makes 2 bard AAs compleatly useless in the current standing and SEVERAL SF pieces will be the best over DoV EM pieces (scout hat with it's 52 MA). Unless crit will do something else over 100.

If you have thought this over then, I'ed like to throw my voice in for getting the shards back, ot CM adorns being turned into somthing usefule like Crit bonus.

Sarriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #35
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

On behalf of my scouts, I'd like those CM adorns refunded in equivalent MA adorns, thanks.

Also,

[9:48AM] You tell Level_80-89 (3), "DING, DONG, THE CRIT-MIT IS DEAD."

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #36
Mystfit

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Mystfit wrote:

I'm curious, How will this affect *the little guy*. As in, non-radier, non-mega geared person. We are basically trolling in the easier beginning DOV instances, but mostly because we want to run 3 people, 3 mercs and scripting is too heavy in many zones to not have 6 real people and not, I assume, because of crit mit. Will we see any progression in our eq2 experience. I'd love it, we've felt so down-trodden for so long, but am not clear enough on crit mit to know it it affected our progression.

If you want to run 3 people and 3 mercs then run easy zones, I don't see the point here beyond you saying "Make the zones easy enough so we can do it with 3 people and 3 mercs, because we don't want to run with 6 people we want the extra gear that the mercs do not take any part of."

You might notice, Lempo, I didn't ASK for those zones to be made easier, i ASKED if these changes might reflect in the type of EQw I find myself doing. Totally different SMILEY And if they want some gear, they're welcome to it, I mean the odds are I'm not running that class anyway, since i brought them  SMILEY

Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #37
Brildean

Loremaster

are they changing all base crit bonus's to 1.0 instead of the 1.3 or 1.5 that mobs have.. if not then they will problaby have to lower mob potency so tanks arent getting one shot by there rediculous range of ae's that are 80k to 130k non crits.  Since these ae's were balanced around most tanks not getting crit.

This doens't make the game easier it just makes EM and HM zones even dumber..  Why raid HM when you can get EM set that has only .4 less potency/cb..  Sure Crit Chance will be an issue but look at all these red slots that opened up.

Brildean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #38
Lader

Loremaster

i like it bc we dont have to go back to old content to gear up a recruit, they can start raiding with us when they join. Also, this may hopefully bring back more fun encounters like t5, kos, and eof raiding were.

im not a fan of everyone walking into HM drunder and killing it the first day, since the encounters are so similar to the EM versions.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #39
Lempo

Loremaster

Mystfit wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Mystfit wrote:

I'm curious, How will this affect *the little guy*. As in, non-radier, non-mega geared person. We are basically trolling in the easier beginning DOV instances, but mostly because we want to run 3 people, 3 mercs and scripting is too heavy in many zones to not have 6 real people and not, I assume, because of crit mit. Will we see any progression in our eq2 experience. I'd love it, we've felt so down-trodden for so long, but am not clear enough on crit mit to know it it affected our progression.

If you want to run 3 people and 3 mercs then run easy zones, I don't see the point here beyond you saying "Make the zones easy enough so we can do it with 3 people and 3 mercs, because we don't want to run with 6 people we want the extra gear that the mercs do not take any part of."

You might notice, Lempo, I didn't ASK for those zones to be made easier, i ASKED if these changes might reflect in the type of EQw I find myself doing. Totally different And if they want some gear, they're welcome to it, I mean the odds are I'm not running that class anyway, since i brought them 

Well to answer the last part of your question CM has had absolutely no impact on your umm 'progression' for some time now.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
Jaxl

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Coniaric wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

wait a sec :/   the crit mit values on gear current gear?  what are you doing with that? 

I'm thinking let us reforge them ourselves.. just open reforging a little more to have more options.

I don't think i'll be happy long if i see my crit mit changed to wisdom or something crazy on my fighter bp.

Reread the post again.

• Critical Mitigation values on adornments will be replaced with hit point values instead.
  • I don't think you'll need to worry about having wisdom showing up on your fighter gear, or anything else, at this point.

that .. says.. adorns.. what about the natural crit mit values .. on gear..  /yikes..

Its not like the crit mit on the gear was helping you for anything but crit mit.. And most of the gear with crit mit, had the rest of the stats to match the magnitude of the crit mit - its not as if it was a stat that was balanced as a tradeoff for cc or ma.. It was pretty much there as a statement that you've put it work...

Jaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #41
    Anklesteiner

Loremaster

Congradulations smokejumper. You've officially ruined EverQuest 2 completely.

Anklesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #42
    Iskandar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Iskandar wrote:

Basically, it means that crit mit requirements will no longer be a barrier to casual players for accessing the Kael or Drunder instances -- which will be more heroic choices for your 3-man/3-merc group. It also means that raids will have a much easier time of gearing up new members who begin with heroic/crafted gear -- no more farming EM!

I'm glad I checked the forums today -- my "to do" list for today included buying 7 crit mit adorns for a new Warden alt!

See, and this guy will be one of the first ones asking why they can't do HM drunder in the Ry'Gorr gear.

Actually, we do HM Drunder in HM Kael gear

Iskandar is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
    Vinyard

Loremaster

Friendjumper. Making EQ2 fun again since 2012

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #44
    DasUberFuzzy

EQ2i Admin

SmokeJumper wrote:

• Critical Mitigation values on adornments will be replaced with hit point values instead.

Please, PLEASE make these have a worthwhile ammount of HP.

Even as a mage, I am well north of 30k, with no special tuning for higher STA/HP. The T9 white HP adorns are beyond useless (what is 200 HP when added to 30k?).

The current red HP adorn is what, 1000? That is at least on the right track.

The whites should be 500. The yellow 800, and the red 1200.

DasUberFuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #45
    Notask

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

We’ve listened to all of your conversations since Critical Mitigation was originally introduced. The dev team has extensively debated about it internally. (Very extensively.) But ultimately, we decided that the right move for EQII is to remove Critical Mitigation entirely from the game. Critical Mitigation initially seemed to do what it was designed for, but it has always suffered from a complete lack of intuitiveness for players, and it’s not a forward-extensible system. Ultimately, it doesn’t add any fun factor to the game.  So we’ve decided that a complete removal of it is by far the best solution for all concerned. Here are the details:

• Critical Mitigation (the stat) has been removed from the game.
    • Critical Mitigation no longer displays on the Character pane (for obvious reasons, since it’s no longer in the game).
    • NPCs no longer use Critical Bonus to add to critical damage.
    • Buffs and debuffs that have Critical Mitigation elements to them will have those elements replaced with other elements instead, so that those buffs/debuffs do not lose effectiveness.

This change will be coming to Test soon and then to the regular servers soon thereafter. NOTE: This change has no effect on PvP game play. The “PvP Critical Mitigation” stat is still useful for game balance in PvP play and is not being changed.

I think that removing Critical Mitigation is a great idea. 

Can we also see something on test about Striketrough Vs. Plate tanks? I play a Defiler as a healer and Plate tanks seem to lack defensive abilities compared to Brawlers. Let me rephrase, "Plate tanks suck compared to Brawlers." Plate tanks take huge spike damage while Brawlers seem to stay standing strong. I can solo heal a Brawler though just about any zone including most raid zones. When I get a plate tank I seem to have more of an issue. 

Notask is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #46
    Havokjoe

Loremaster

I can see the issue here on both ends. Sad thing id CM became the "endall" stat for grouping. There should be other stat to measure your ability to perform in a said zone for sure.  Easiest stat for tanks would be mitagation/avoidance wher as DpS healers should go with critchance. Mob's crit avoidance will still be in game it seems so you will need the higher CC like now to attack the mobs. This is a good thing in theory because when you adorn all your gear with CM gems you gain what 35% CM? Take a smoe in Rygorr gear and add 35% hes easily at the 150 mark if my math is right. However his other stats ( mit, CC, MA, etc etc are) still below the recommended amount for the next level tier dungeons cause he/she ble up his CM just to get groups. Here is another picture for you all.

ToFS x2 raid need a certian CM value (140) at the base right? If you have a raid of 12 peeps in Rygorr all with CM adorns to the max, according to the Crit Mit police, have the stat to do the zone, but reality do you think they can mow down tserrina with that gear?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #47
    Jaxl

Tester

Brildean wrote:

are they changing all base crit bonus's to 1.0 instead of the 1.3 or 1.5 that mobs have.. if not then they will problaby have to lower mob potency so tanks arent getting one shot by there rediculous range of ae's that are 80k to 130k non crits.  Since these ae's were balanced around most tanks not getting crit.

This doens't make the game easier it just makes EM and HM zones even dumber..  Why raid HM when you can get EM set that has only .4 less potency/cb..  Sure Crit Chance will be an issue but look at all these red slots that opened up.

I wonder if they'll just do it the fast-and-dirty way and not remove the stat from scripts/code/etc but instead just internally have everyone's crit mit at, say, 1000...

Jaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #48
    Barx
    Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

The only thing that wasn't intuitive about crit mit was the fact that crit BONUS was never made intuitive for people. That was solved for heroic by listing the total (innate+buffed) CB for mobs on heroic content but it was never done for raids. Even then, people had long since figured out what the innate amounts were and it was just this hidden +50 CM you'd need over the displayed CB.

Crit mit was a prime factor in raid progression: if you didn't have it, you'd simply get blasted and that was that. What's going to be the determining factor now... just raw HP, with AEs being increased in base damage to approximate the increased hp from former CM adorns?

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #49
    Brildean

Loremaster

Also might as well get rid of the class debuff mechanic.... and have Wisdom actually affect Healers HEALS..

Old 02-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #50
    Xenxex
    Guild: Azure Skies

Loremaster

Why even have EM and HM zones? Can just fully HP adorn now and go str8 into HM zones? What factor will determine how often you're crit now or will it now have a new buff on mob saying he has a 45% chance to crit?

Xenxex is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #51
    Nekurawr
    Server: Oasis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

And what does this mean for Crit, if mobs nolonger have critmit, then I no longer need 300 crit chance. This also makes 2 bard AAs compleatly useless in the current standing and SEVERAL SF pieces will be the best over DoV EM pieces (scout hat with it's 52 MA). Unless crit will do something else over 100.

Why do you no longer need 300 crit chance? Mobs have critical bonus and critical avoidance; critical avoidance is what contests critical chance and is not being removed.

Nekurawr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #52
    Iskandar

Loremaster

Lader wrote:

i like it bc we dont have to go back to old content to gear up a recruit, they can start raiding with us when they join. Also, this may hopefully bring back more fun encounters like t5, kos, and eof raiding were.

im not a fan of everyone walking into HM drunder and killing it the first day, since the encounters are so similar to the EM versions.

That's my thoughts as well. Once a raid is geared up, crit mit is pretty much a moot point -- it's just a stat that we don't have to worry about once we have enough of it. But drop in a few new raiders, and we suddenly have to spend the next six weeks farming EM content hoping for the right drops so the recruits don't just give the names in a regular raid a steady source of heals. And unfortunately, that's not terribly exciting to most folks SMILEY

Iskandar is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #53
    Shotneedle

Loremaster

I guess this is a good time to take a month or three break while raid content is retuned so all the currently killable content is killable again.

What are we going to need instead of 290 crit mit for hm drunder? 90k hp?

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
    Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #54
    Mogrim

Loremaster

What Buffrat said.We also need to make sure that Raid gear is improved enough to still provide a significant advantage.I need to say this as well.I don't care about you lowbies who haven't worked hard enough to get into the zones I've worked to get in. If you don't have enough gear to do more content, work as hard as the other people have who ARE in the content you want to be in.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #55
    Zahk
    Server: Crushbone
    Guild: Liquid

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Why do you no longer need 300 crit chance? Mobs have critical bonus and critical avoidance; critical avoidance is what contests critical chance and is not being removed.

Yet.

Zahk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #56
    Rageincarnate
    Server: Unrest
    Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Why even have EM and HM zones? Can just fully HP adorn now and go str8 into HM zones? What factor will determine how often you're crit now or will it now have a new buff on mob saying he has a 45% chance to crit?

You want artificial roadblocks?  Go pull it and find out.

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #57
    Iren
    Guild: Celestial Knights

Loremaster

whats going to happen to wardens 15% crit mit buff from expertise?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #58
    Notask

Loremaster

Yea, I do see an issue with removing critical mitigation. We are going to have players with 15k HP just hitting level 90 trying to join these raids or groups. With the crit mit standard we can at least say, "you are not ready for this." What is going to be the next standard of player classification, "Hit Points and AA?"

Notask is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #59
    Brildean

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Yea, I do see an issue with removing critical mitigation. We are going to have players with 15k HP just hitting level 90 trying to join these raids or groups. With the crit mit standard we can at least say, "you are not ready for this." What is going to be the next standard of player classification, "Hit Points and AA?"

Introduction of Gear Score.. ????

Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #60
    Lader

Loremaster

i will be interested in seeing how they...i wanted to say throttle progression, but its more test a guild's ability at killing a mob. waking up one day to see the entire roster of HM mobs dead will be sad SMILEY