EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #31
Dareena
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Dark Prophecy

Loremaster

The Say command of /s is now bugged.  While you can still Say using /sa or /say, the default function of /s has now been moved to Split.  Please change Say back to the default function of /s.

Dareena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #32
Kimage

Loremaster

I posted this in the Tradeskills forum and Domino asked that I post it in here... She also asked that i post which homes I'm finding this affected ( and that I do a full file scan... did the full file scan... still a problem. ).

Found these issues in the Halas 5 room and Freeport 5 room. Didn't notice anything GLARING at me in the Qeynos 5 room - and I hadn't started decorating my Maj'Dul home yet. My Kelethin 5 - room home nothing occured in the acorn room - but there were some issues with things moved in the outside area, but was able to fix those.

My post from earlier today was:

I know the servers havn't been up long, but I went into my houses, knowing I was gonna have to move things because they would be over the doorways to the patios ( which are so cool btw ).

Heres something else I noticed.

It seems that anything that I sunk into the floor ( using the editor ) has disappeared  or is glitchy. I can't pick up those items directly.... and by the time I got through walking through my Monk's house... I was trying not to cry.

dividers I had turned onto the floor, gone...

tables that I had sunk slightly into the floor, gone...

HueMein totems that I had sunk just a little bit to get things lined up ( with the majority of it still showing ) ... glitchy and / or gone

Bone divider I had placed over a doorway to close it off, GONE.

Entire bookcases were gone from the room they were placed in ( later found part of it sticking up through the floor of the 2nd floor

Bookcases were completely disappearing ( I dont remember using the editor to adjust these at all. ). 2 of them I was able to to move my camera angle just right to see them show back up, but can't pick them up to move them.

Edit: I'm also noticing that the patios are super glitchy. I'm not using the editor, but having trouble with placement.

Extra note: I have gone to other alts homes and seen in home where I hadn't used the editor ( ie my main, and 2 alts ) that things are still disappearing and un targetable to move.

Domino's post to me:

Hm ... I'd suggest you post this in the GU58 feedback thread, since it's unrelated to tradeskills, and it's more likely that other people may see it there who are having the same issue.  I'll also pass along the comment internally for investigation.

Edit to add:  also, you are the only person I've seen report this issue so far, so I would suggest doing a full file scan first just in case.  And please include details of which houses are affected (e.g. Qeynos 5-room, Halas 3-room, whatever), this will help track down any bugs. 

Hope this helps ya'll.

: )

PS: Tore apart my outside area in Valstra's home ( Nek Server - 5 bedroom Freeport ) and without using the editor tried to move thigns around... I would place them and they would litterally disappear before my eyes.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #33
Videomonkey

Loremaster

There have been 3 warfares so far since the update. Only 1 has been completed in KP  (on Naggy and it was the 1st one) since the zone crashes within 10 minutes of the WF starting. When you log back in, you are sent to KP2 with  no towers. You try to get to KP and once you are there, the towers arenot there as well.

So far I like the tabs you added, like some of the stuff I'm seeing, but hate that there has only been 1 KP wf fought through to the end.

Videomonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #34
Te'ana

Tester

I posted this in the General Gameplay forum but I think it really belongs here:

With the new appearance slot for mounts I tried to bring up my old Holy Steed and cannot seem to make it work. Holy Steed is showing up as a Combat art and does not drag into the mount window. If I dismount and click on Holy Steed whatever is in the Equiped and Appearance mount window shows up instead of the Holy Steed. To make it even more complicated, I cannot change the Equipped or Appearance mount to show nothing.

This seems like an oversight due to the fact that the Holy Steed is a spell instead of a critter.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #35
DuneWarrior

Loremaster

All Tinkered FD items now share ONE reuse timer, compared to prior where it was seperate timers per tier. Clearly - from reading the patch notes - this is an UNINTENDED side effect, as this is a major gamechange.

Please correct and assign each item its OWN reuse timer.

DuneWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #36
OmniAzure

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

All Tinkered FD items now share ONE reuse timer, compared to prior where it was seperate timers per tier. Clearly - from reading the patch notes - this is an UNINTENDED side effect, as this is a major gamechange.

Please correct and assign each item its OWN reuse timer.

This is very much an INTENDED change as confirmed by Domino in the State of the Tradeskill sticky post in the tradeskill forum.

• Tinkered feign death items now share their own unique reuse timer and should no longer interfere with the adorning tradeskill arts.  (Yes, this does mean the bug where not all of them shared reuse timers is also fixed.)
  • __________________
    OmniAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #37
    channel

Loremaster

two things:

1) when i lost a gears BG match - i zoned out and was granted a gears cog and not the new consolidated coin

2) when i zoned out the BG match - my "character" window would no longer switch between tabs - it was stuck on the currency tab

channel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #38
    Lera

Loremaster

Senya wrote:

Peogia wrote:

my house is at 4 bayle court and when i walk out on front porch i appear at 2 bayle court

The "view" from any of the large Qeynos balconies is the same view regardless of your address.  They all have the same layout.  Balcony views were not adjusted/created for each individual address.  This is true in all the cities/homes that got balconies.

I've noticed this, too. It needs to be fixed.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #39
    DuneWarrior

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Senya wrote:

Peogia wrote:

my house is at 4 bayle court and when i walk out on front porch i appear at 2 bayle court

The "view" from any of the large Qeynos balconies is the same view regardless of your address.  They all have the same layout.  Balcony views were not adjusted/created for each individual address.  This is true in all the cities/homes that got balconies.

That is by design, and have been mentioned in all the testing of the balconies as a short comming they where not fixing

Old 10-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #40
    Senya

Loremaster

Senya wrote:

Peogia wrote:

My post was in no way suggesting that anything needed fixed.  I think the outdoor areas are fabulous and I'm thrilled to have them!  My post there was in reply to Peogia to let him/her know that that was not a bug of living in 4 Bayle, but that was how it was designed and intended.  In this thread the developer talked alot about the how/what's/and why's of the outdoor areas.  I knew before the update that some of the views would not match the house addresses you originally zoned in from.

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #41
    Onorem

Loremaster

Haste is 15 on mark gloves...seriously?

***EDIT***

OK...15 for scouts and leather tanks, 25 for plate tanks?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #42
    DuneWarrior

Loremaster

/useabilityonplayer does not work with r# or g# anymore. gives various strange errormessages.

Cant use Possess essence on Vultan in Toxx.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #43
    Rarnah
    Server: Permafrost
    Guild: Silent Redemption

Loremaster

First the good... Thanks for click to cure, the changes to BG tokens, making the rogue wisdom line do something at least a little useful, and a NEW ZONE.

The things I have issue with... The mount window shows all the mounts i added into it every time i use a merchant even when I mark them not for sale they still show up. I don't need twenty extra things filling up my sell window. 

The second and bigger failure I feel is that the currency window does not share across server so i still end up keeping all my currency tokens in my shared bank. Now I just have to open up a different window to find them and move them to the bank.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #44
    Tigress

Loremaster

this was posted elsewhere but i think it should be here as well.

please, turn off the guild hall writ giver's new merchant thing.  we don't need to buy the tablet a thousand times, only once is enough.  this new combo merchant adds two extra steps (one when turning in & one when beginning).  so, again, while we would click the writ giver thousands of times, we do not need to go looking for the clipboard thousands of times.  i've always hated merchants popping up on the city writ givers but at least i wasn't clicking them every 5-10 minutes for an entire evening but with the rush writ giver, i am.  (the merchant screen takes up about a quarter of my screen so i have to close it before i can even continue doing what i started.)

if you must have the clipboards for sale in the guild halls, give them to the fuel merchant please.  i really very strongly dislike this change.  please get rid of it.  thank you.

(p.s. when i find the thread, i'll be back with a link.)

back with threads:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=488475 &  

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=488496

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #45
    Morogoth Drakul

Loremaster

I like the new consolidation of tokens idea. no doubt the tokens gotten from the BG will change also so we wont need to exchange anything.

What i am not liking though is the currency window mechanics. I love the idea behind it. Get the tokens outta inventory and to a centralized location so you dont have to hunt around your bags and vaults. Great idea. However, I would like to see the currency window shared among my characters. Currency is heirloom so this shouldnt be a problem and will make it so we do not have to drag them to inventory and bank just to trade them to another character ( which is what we were trying to avoid in the first place ).

So just share the currency window among my characters and I will love the change to currency.

=====Nagafen=====

[Sseth]=[Guardian]

[Salathiel]=[Inquistor]

[Morogoth]=[Assassin]

Morogoth Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #46
    DuneWarrior

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The second and bigger failure I feel is that the currency window does not share across server so i still end up keeping all my currency tokens in my shared bank. Now I just have to open up a different window to find them and move them to the bank.

THIS! dont mind the personal one, just give us a shared one too ... - not that hte personal one is really needed to be honest since tehy are all heirloom, but oyu never know

Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #47
    Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

Not sure if this is new to this update since I don't look in Marketplace often, but anything with a new or hot icon prevents you from viewing in the normal dressing room.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
    Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
    also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
    ask me for FB
    Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #48
    Laenai
    Server: Oasis
    Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Death to the clipboard on the GH tradeskill writ giver! Take that crap out, please =(

Old 10-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #49
    Lera

Loremaster

Senya wrote:

My post was in no way suggesting that anything needed fixed.  I think the outdoor areas are fabulous and I'm thrilled to have them!  My post there was in reply to Peogia to let him/her know that that was not a bug of living in 4 Bayle, but that was how it was designed and intended.  In this thread the developer talked alot about the how/what's/and why's of the outdoor areas.  I knew before the update that some of the views would not match the house addresses you originally zoned in from.

I love the outdoor areas, but it's very odd to step onto my balcony and look at the wrong area of Qeynos. I understand that they'd have to make essentially separate zones for each address, and I hope they can find the time to eventually do that.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #50
    Lera

Loremaster

I really like the new mount and currency tabs, but the mounts now show up as sellable on the vendor. Any way to either make them not do that, or treat the tab like a bag and mark it as not for sale?

Old 10-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #51
    Eileah

Loremaster

We tried to raid labs tonight but the zone kept crashing and when we came back it we had been rolled back quite a few mobs.

Anyway, damage to our gear was wonky, my cloak was at 83% after one death, while the rest of my gear was at 90%

A Wizard has his robe at 83% also with the rest of his gear at 90%

Old 10-13-2010, 02:51 AM   #52
    Daryx
    Server: Oasis
    Guild: Ardagh Chalice

Loremaster

Along with mounts showing up as vendorable, at least some of the currency being put in the window is invisible to the NPC that takes it.  Specifically, I was working some Maj'Dul tokens on a character and they ended up in the currency tab.  Yet when I go to turn them in, the NPC replies as if I have none.  So it seems the mounts ought to be invisible and the currency visible, at least to the NPC that takes it!  (And I disagree with the Maj'Dul coins being treated as currency, as you can't use them to buy anything--they are just like guild status items, you sell them to an NPC for a faction/status gain.  And the status items do not end up in the currency window.)  I haven't tried with any other of the currency types--are they also invisible to the merchant that takes them?  If so, that's an additional nuisance to use them.

Otherwise I like the overall use of the mount and currency tabs, other than you can't cast a mount that's not on the equipped button if it's not in inventory.  (I switch between a riding mount and the harvesting mount for example, and use a macro, so unless there's a command to cast a mount from the mount tab, one of them still has to be in my inventory.)

Daryx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 AM   #53
    kdmorse

Loremaster

AA Mirrors are now semi-broken.

You can no longer just dbl-click a mirror to swap specs.   You have to right click and select "Load ". 

Not fatal, but very annoying.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #54
    feldon30

Fansite Staff

Senya wrote:

I love the outdoor areas, but it's very odd to step onto my balcony and look at the wrong area of Qeynos. I understand that they'd have to make essentially separate zones for each address, and I hope they can find the time to eventually do that.

One of the reasons that this will never happen, is that 5 Erollisi Lane is also the 5 (6) room Qeynos house. This house, if it had an accurate outside, would be a major step down from 2 and 4 Bayle Ct because it wouldn't look out on the Mage Tower and see bits of Qeynos Harbor (which were specially added to the scene and not normally visible in SQ), but just a city street.

It could be worse. You could have a South Freeport house and when you step out on your balcony, you're in North Freeport. SMILEY (again the decision was made to have the nicest possible vista, and North Freeport was chosen).

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #55
    Sleap
    Server: Befallen
    Guild: Elysian Storm

Loremaster

With the new heroic zone... i dont even remember what its called.. but ZUA for short, it seems that perhaps easy mode, i cant beleive im saying this, but too hard? Need massively heavy dps for 2nd named when the add spawns, with 1 healer it is duable.. if the healer is competant and very well geared (T1-T2 raid geared). That pretty much goes with every other class in the group, need to be raid geared to handle it. The 3rd named.. wow.. need 2 healers for that, and whats with the named turning into an epic X2 after you fail first attempt? I can understand that the gear (mostly Jewelery) is excellent.. for heroic content, but really? Or is this just a bug? ( I hope ) Its challenging and fun, but not doable without switching alts around to compensate on either lack of dps or the need for extra heals. Keep in mind, everyone in the group is a raider, so we are well capable of handling heroic content.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #56
    Charisa-Emarr

Loremaster

Gonna add my name here as well in case this gets seen and the other doesn't, making the rush tradeskill writ giver a merchant for the clipboard?   Can we get rid of that, haaving to close another window everytime I forget to right click and choose hail is just crazy.  NO reason to have this vendor for clipsboard, move it to the fuel merchant if  you think its necessary, but please can we get rid of this?

Charisa-Emarr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2010, 05:17 AM   #57
    Bremer

Loremaster

I think it's pathetic, that with the last GU the command line option not to show the welcome window was removed (without mentioning it in the update notes) and now with this GU the possibility for a dummy file or modified window, that autocloses on launch, was removed (again, without a word in the patch notes). It's just pathetic. This makes the pop up ad window the only piece of the entire UI, that's not modifiable. Only pathetic.

Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2010, 05:42 AM   #58
    MurFalad

Loremaster

channel wrote:

2) when i zoned out the BG match - my "character" window would no longer switch between tabs - it was stuck on the currency tab

Just a note, but I have been getting the same error before GU58 was launched.  So for example I would get stuck on the equipment tab and not be able to switch back to the appearance one.I'm not sure what triggers it but did a /bug anyway, but zoning seems to fix it.

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #59
    Laiina

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

/useabilityonplayer does not work with r# or g# anymore. gives various strange errormessages.

Cant use Possess essence on Vultan in Toxx.

Confirmed on the useabilityonplayer. Something there is broken, but not sure whether the use.. or the g#/R#.

I have a macro set up for jcap to attempt to cast it on 5 group members in a row, g1, g2, g4 etc. Will not target the "g's".

Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #60
    Darkor
    Server: Nagafen
    Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

The currency window is really nice but instead of having a separate currency account for each character we should have an account currency tab. This way our currencys do not get spread across all chars and we do not have to switch the tokens for example on every char. Other than that the window is really nice.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
    Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote