EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #61
Demona De Fuego

Loremaster

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. What's with the new xp bar, probably the worst part. Wouldn't be so bad if you just let us have the option of keeping the old.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #62
Tathar Lúinwë

Loremaster

Just change the new 3d sprite animated combat/spell FX back to the old 3D particles... When I cast Heal Wound with my Guardian it reminds me back in the days when I played Theme Hospital... I for one actually like the new UI. What I don't like is the SC button. I've bought stuff on SC but that button is going a bit to far.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #63
Gonzo550

Loremaster

I really liked my compact inventory window. I don't need to see my stats every time I want to swap out some gear. I'm hoping Profit UI will be fixed soon and bring this back. The default UI as far as I can tell is dismal. I feel sorry for folks with SC buttons. What a ripoff.

Gonzo550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #64
Ymarik

Loremaster

I am reposting here because Amnerys (spelling right?) asked me to repost here. (I find it amusing that there seem to be no actual responses from her or anyone else at SOE in this thread.)

So far I've found one thing I like: the ability to bypass travel points.

Things I don't like:

1. That hideous advancement bar! The old one was simple, elegant, and easy to read without taking up an enormous amount of real estate.

2. ZOMG it's hideous "dried blood" colour. Of course, there's the "blue" option which only turns the advancement bar blue and leaves everything else red. (I hear though that if a new player doesn't like this version, they can go and tinker with folders and stuff to make it all blue. So much for lowering the learning curve...)

3. Icons that were perfectly good before were apparently changed. My paladin's Legionnaire's Conviction icon changed for no apparent reason but now looks like a six year old got hold of it with a crayon.

4. Key bindings - did you really need to change these? Is there some way for you guys to determine the number of people who immediately changed them back to what they were before, or will you just actually listen to the number of people complaining about how horrible of a change it is? Oh yeah, I changed them back immediately.

5.Spell animations - in the grand scheme of things, is this really what you consider the highest priority? Paladins shooting laser beams with Decree! Taking a when casting Demonstration of Faith!

6. Maintained spells window: Did this really need to happen? It's ok - as gripes go, it's my smallest one because you can actually turn off the hideous waste of screen space, and because it might actually be useful to have it open when trying out new pieces of gear.

7. This isn't "That 70's Show" and you're hopefully not Kelso. Not everything needs rounded corners!

We understand - you want to make the learning curve lower for new players. We approve of that!

Please stop "fixing" stuff that isn't broken, or please at least give us the option to keep the old UI next time you decide to put in a new one.

Ymarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #65
aluious

Lord

[Removed for Content] some of my spell anims are directly ripped off from WOW too!!!!

aluious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #66
Jaremai

Loremaster

BUG:  "This merchant does not want your business."  No longer comes up when my evil toons are in Kelethin.  They just ignore them now.  At least before, the click was acknowledged with a rude, if appropriate, phrase.. now nothing.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #67
Shizune
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Has Gone Linkdead

Loremaster

At least the Monk animations are better for the most part..I understand mages got shafted but hopefully it will reduce the amount of lag the mages cause in raids. As for the content of this update...too much fluff and no additions to the current content. I gotta give this GU 1 out of 5 stars.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #68
rgfvagv

Loremaster

I hate the entire thing, I cancelled my subscription, I wish I hadn't resubscribed two days ago, I could have bought a pizza with the money and had more fun. (I've been an eq1/eq2 player for almost 9 years now.)

Also this is was final straw:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=484794

rgfvagv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #69
Driften

Ok my simple low down,

The Good:

I kinda like the new spell and ability animations. However I fear the particales might not show on some people's system or make things to laggy for some.

The Bad: Nerfing all fighter's heals. This really sucks considering now u have to take the time to find a healer to just about go anywhere. I don't care for socializing much and I know u guys think "well if we force people to play together we can sell more accounts because people will get there friends. Also if people play together they will more likly stay interested". This is where u are negitive. I like to play with people I know and forcing me to take more time to find people is anoying. This also makes me want to not even play the game because I spend more time finding a group for simple exploring things that I just don't keep interested. I don't want to have to deal with this every time I go out. And I don't even play a tank class, my wife does.

Solution: if ur going to take heals down then at least raise there mitigation skills a little to find a more even ground so a tank isn't going down in the first min of fighting. Or increase the in-battle health regen. This really sucks on classes like SK and Pally who relie on there heals to last the battle.

The UI buttons I will admit are a little bulky, I feel like I'm playing with the buttons on a fishier Price preschool toy! And the time of day being intergrated into the map is useless. It doesn't even list the times, nor does it show up if u are using the sponsered map pack.

The Ugly: The Station Cash crap!!!!! I hate that my EXP bar is now so large and bulky and now I'm forced to battle with a big clunky SC button on my screen! I'm sorry but I'm not going to go and say to myself in the middle of battle, "hmm I wonder what my character would look like in spandex!" and even if I did i can take the two steps to click it in the game menu. Second: I already pay for the game and I don't need to see a station cash money sign in my merchant window. This just makes me think that sooner or later u guys are going to be forecing us to see what u are selling even though we don't care. I already pay for the game and I don't plan on play "extended beta" (which is another stupid idea which takes people from the live game and tries to trick them into paying more for things they would get if they just played live). I know this is a stupid marketing ploy to try to keep everyone reminded that there is the station cash store there. Second of all the stuff is way over priced for the most stupidest things. If I'm going to be forced to look at the store you might as well give me something worth while to look at. Such as:

character aparience mirrors for those who haven't hit the two year mark, armor and equipment that actually looks cool rather then the last weeks blue and black gheto shirts and pants that were advertised. A teleport charm that has unlimited charges just long recharge timer unlike the current 5 charges. Useful house items that actually give u a once an hour buff or day. and maybe just simply lowering the cost on things like race change potions. I can't justify paying $25 for changing my characters race. I will rerole a character before I do that. $10 is justifiable. Who ever is incharge of ur marketing is an idiot! 

Driften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #70
drakkenshie

General

[email protected] wrote:

At least the Monk animations are better for the most part..I understand mages got shafted but hopefully it will reduce the amount of lag the mages cause in raids. As for the content of this update...too much fluff and no additions to the current content. I gotta give this GU 1 out of 5 stars.

If you get lag in a raid... take 10 seconds to tune your graphics settings.

Even better get one of several custom UIs that let you do this in 1-2 seconds.

Honestly, this was a non-issue.

Forcing everyone to have degraded graphics just because some can't see them has never been a good idea in a game.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #71
Bregdania
Server: Najena

Loremaster

From the User Interface Update notes I’m reading:

A clock and compass have been integrated into the mini-map window (the old compass and clock UI elements were not removed and can be opened using Alt-N and Alt-C respectively).

Okay Alt N works fine and I have my compass back, but the Alt C only closes and opens the chat window.

Also from update notes:

The Inventory and Persona windows were merged to create the Character window (the shortcut key for this new window is C).

Okay I’ve tried this as both c and Shift C and both only give the crouch.  It’s the P key that opens the window for the combined window of the old I and P commands.

So bottom line what am I doing wrong or misreading and how do I get my clock back to where I want it?  I don’t like my screen cluttered with the mini map – heck the surrounds are the best indicator of where I am and if I’m truly lost I just need to pull up the main map. 

I’m wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I was using a custom ui and some remnants of that are affecting things.  To get to the current interface I followed the message "The MainHUD Maintianed window is not compatible with the current client.  Please upgrade your UI to a compatible version or revert to the default ui (/loadui default) " The /loadui default is what I did to see what the new ui was all about. 

Bregdania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #72
Geothe

Loremaster

Probably one of the worst Updates in the nearly 6 years I've been playing this game.Seriously, its pathetic.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #73
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

Okay... here's my feedback:

1. Not a huge fan of the new UI, BUT I'm going to give it a chance. I think that, like the SOGA models, players should be allowed to choose which interface they use. I feel this new interface more... I don't know, it doesn't feel like the EQ2 I grew to love - with that said, however, I think it will be great for EQ2X... but, on EQ2L, the community is established and I for one prefer the familiar. THE MARKET WINDOW IS AWESOME. I like being able to preview everything. But I still think we should be able to toggle and pick. The more I play around with it, the more I think it MAY be growing on me. We'll see. SMILEY So, all in all, I think it could grow on me... BUT, I'd still prefer the option to switch to the old default. I don't think it's fair to force this big of a change without options. That is like giving soga models without the option to turn the original ones on.

2. I, for one, think the streamlining of newbie experiences is well done. Also, I think the tradeskill quests are a GREAT addition and fill a pretty big hole in content. Big Kudos on those things. Nothing negative at all to say about them.

3. Contrary to popular beliefs, pigeons do not say 'moo'. I just like to pretend they do.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #74
Silverpaws

Loremaster

I call for a roll back. It's all bad short of the tradeskill stuff. Give us back our crit heals or most paladins will quit playing.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #75
Bregdania
Server: Najena

Loremaster

Started playing and first thing I find now is the main map - player icon - doesn't move across map as you are moving.  It updates in jerky increments when you open and close the window.

Bregdania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #76
GrignakOw

General

Is it intentional that in this GU that you added hitting Alt-F4 closes your game out deletes it from your harddrive,cancels your account and perma bans your account from accepting all future SOE games?Cause my Alt-F4 just did that.

GrignakOw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #77
Obann
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Clan Nan Dreolan

Loremaster

I hate xp bars.  I hate xp bars.  One of the features I have alwaysed liked about EQ2 was the ability to hide the xp bar and still have access to the options/camp/etc. windows through a seperate icon.  Now that it is integrated into the xp bar I am an unhappy campre.  Of course the bar is huge.  Really I could read the xp bar just fine with the old one.  Now it takes up too big of a chunk of screen.  Right now just give me back my EQ2 button.  Could care less about what my xp is.  Have had that xp bar ui feature turned off since week 1 of release.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #78
Lodor

Loremaster

For people that dont like the new default ui changes or the SC icons all over just go use a custom UI.

My profit ui works 100% and I have 0 SC icons anywhere with it.

Lodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #79
vexrm

Loremaster

When stretching the Maintained Spell Window out as far as it will go the 19th spell icon is HUUUUGE.

With text turned off on this window the icons are so small I can't tell what they are.  I run with alot of maintained spells. This is an issue.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #80
EQPrime

Loremaster

Lodor wrote:

For people that dont like the new default ui changes or the SC icons all over just go use a custom UI.

Except when you click on any merchant and have the SC staring you in the face next to your plat, gold, silver, and copper.  They couldn't turn marks and seals and stuff into currency like people have been begging for but they can slap SC all over the place.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #81
Horgana
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Defenders of Norrath

Loremaster

Excellent job on the new UI. We've been trying to get several of our regular raiders to adopt Profit UI for ages and they have resisted. With the half-r'sed blue/red interface, the STATIONCASH buttons everywhere, and the awful (apparently, I've not seen it as I use profitUI) new XP bar, they're seriously considering installing it. So thanks for that.

In the meanwhile, I'm off to have a look at all the new content.

Ok done. Now what?

Horgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #82
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Lodor wrote:

hopefully when I get my computer back I'll be able to use the java script again to update profit UI.which I have not ben able to do for months before my video card crashed on me.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #83
Kaalenarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blackhawks

Loremaster

I absolutely hate the new spell graphics. Aoes, with limited exception - dont show any effect on multiple mobs for Paladins. For the consecrate spell its even worse. Consecrate is an AoE/DoT that lasts 35 SECONDS. And the spell effect lasts ONE second. So you can no longer tell what its hitting - whether or not all the mobs are in range - and when its stopped. This MUST be corrected. Cmon SOE - this is the NGE all over again.

"Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." - Gary Gygax

Kaalenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #84
Lodor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lodor wrote:

Except when you click on any merchant and have the SC staring you in the face next to your plat, gold, silver, and copper.  They couldn't turn marks and seals and stuff into currency like people have been begging for but they can slap SC all over the place.

I dont have sc icons on any merchant windows.

Lodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #85
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Lodor wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Lodor wrote:

I dont have sc icons on any merchant windows.

go look at the stable masters in the towns.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #86
EQPrime

Loremaster

The sound effects that go along with the new horrible spell animations are terrible.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #87
katalmach

Loremaster

I already gave you my feedback on test. I explained how the new spell animations would be a dealbreaker for me if they were not optional like SOGA - I specifically explained what the problems with the graphics were, and how awful and screeching the new sounds were (particularly when chain cast). You didn't care then, so why are you pretending like you're at all interested in my feedback now?

Anyway, like I said, the new spell graphics are a dealbreaker, and I just cancelled my account. Been playing since launch and love this game, but it's too painful for me to watch you run it into the ground like this.

katalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #88
Danno

Loremaster

The UI change is horrible. I especially dislike the XP bar, and combined Inventory / Character sheet. I was an EQII beta tester, this is the first change that I am truly disappointed. If the changes weren’t bad enough, this update has somehow merged my account with someone else, I have some new toons I have never seen before, and my Paladin is now missing half of his inventory and mysteriously ported to Paineel. For the first time I am considering cancelling my Sony account and moving on.

Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #89
Hirofortis

Loremaster

Obscurum wrote:

The inquisitor trainer is North qeynos is letting you betray to inquisitor without pre-req's and reguardless of class.

my level 4 ranger just betrayed to inquisitor, should take a look at it

Did it reset your spells .lol

SO SOE, what was that thing about it being tooo hard to make it so you could switch classes?????

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:26 PM   #90
vexrm

Loremaster

On the epic training dummy I can't right click and say stop combat. I get the option but nothing happens when selected.