EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Amnerys

Community Team

This thread is for discussion and constructive feedback about GU57.

Please leave your comments in as well-organized a manner as possible, so we can best utilize it. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

I really enjoy the new Detrimental/Buff windows. Those are probaly the best part of the update.

For maintained spells however, if I would have it 3 rows across, there would always be one buff that would be bloated in size (like a stretched image ).

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
aluious

Lord

Why is my UI made by blizzard?

aluious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Shailas

Loremaster

Is there any way we non F2P customers can get the default UI  to not force us to ahve a large Station Cash button? And, have the station cash count removed from vendor windows as well.

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
PeterJohn

Loremaster

Absolutely love the new templar spell animations...

Except for the spell Divine Smite... The weak yellow ball that I lob out is so impotent in appearance.

PeterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
Xill

Loremaster

Shailas wrote:

Is there any way we non F2P customers can get the default UI  to not force us to ahve a large Station Cash button? And, have the station cash count removed from vendor windows as well.

No. We were told by the dev that was designing it that he had no control over those options. They are in for keeps.

Xill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Thunedar

Scholar

We we're told that EQ2X was not going to affect the Live servers.

Why can we not have 2 seperate UIs? Get rid of the SC button and cash count on Live servers.

Spell animations need to go back to what they were, everything that drew me to EQ2 just 2 months ago is now gone.

SOGA should not be the default on Live servers, only on EQ2X.

Thunedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

The alternative blue color for the UI won't stay as a choice through-out camping & restarting of the game.  I've tried copying all the pieces over to my EQ2maps and it still won't stay!  Every bloody time I log out & I log back into the bloody red UI choice.

Even if you do get it to stay, some parts of the UI still need to be fixed for the blue option.  The Dressing room, in your Persona Piece, Marketplace & of course the normal Dressing room when ctrl/click is used, still shows the red and so are hover over info pieces.  ie: hovering over a Druid Ring Portal will show the 'muted red' instead of the blue UI.

Oh and btw my lvl 54 guild is lvl 20 in the Blue option.  *sigh*  .. I know it's just a display error but still it hurts to look at it.  Too many bad memories from when we could lose a guild lvl.

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
Torvos

Loremaster

I like a few of the new warlock spells, most seem to be garbage though. I'm shooting out green clouds and laser beams. An option to change them back would be great,

The buff animations are nice though, with the swrling runes and such. Rift cracking open the gorund was neat, but the rocks look much smaller then they did before.

I also hate the new EXP bar, along with the SC button. Both re being kept hidden away until I can mod them out.

SC on merchants is also a very bad thing in my eyes. We were always told we wouldn't have to deal with SC if we didn't want too, and now it's all over the place.

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
Bleuu

Loremaster

I would like to know if, when designing the spells, if anyone sat down and played a toon to see how they worked together? Because it doesn't seem like they have.

I logged on my assassin to see what had been changed. The spell effects just don't make sense. Almost every CA looks the same. All I can see when I play now is black streaks shooting from the mob. It's so distracting that I can't really even pay attention to what's going on around me. My biggest beef is with Death Mark. It's a red target that flashes around the mobs head. It really, truly is a complete rip off of hunters in WoW. And I hate hate HATE the fact that every time I stealth, my character shines brighter than the sun and then fades out. How is that a stealth? Stealth is where you quietly slip away unseen. Hard to be unseen when you light up like a freaking firework.

My coercer makes me want to cry. I LOVED Destructive Mind and Spell Curse when I started playing. Spell Curse especially. When that black whip would surround my body and my character would cringe and cry out, it made you remember that as a coercer your job is to mess with people's minds. But now....now...I get a rainbow looking hexagon that flashes a few times around mine or the mobs head. I'm really just on the verge of tears.

Bleuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

Issues :

Raid UI is a disaster, other MMO have a much better one, was i improved ?

--> No i m sure no

Important animation (AOE animation etc ..) or important item (any quest item) are almost invisible in performance settings, was something change so that people in raid or on slow pc would get full information even in performane mode ?

--> No

Profit UI is quite largely acclaimed as a better custom interace, was the "new interface"  inspired by it ?

--> No

Indeed nothing have been done, the new interface is just bout enforcing a big-large SC button.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
EQPrime

Loremaster

Negatives:

This update has no content for your existing players.  You could have at least thrown in an instance or something to make it look like you're giving us something.

The spell effects are horrible.

The SC buttons, lack of features people want in a new UI, and changing of the default keyboard shortcuts make the new UI a failure for me.

Fighter heals not critting because they are overpowered in PVP and people can solo library and conservatory?  Lame.

Positives:

Thanks Domino for adding some tradeskilling quests.  You always go out of your way to look after the people who like to craft at least.

OK, I could only come up with one positive.

Two thumbs down on this update.  Worst one I've seen, and I was around for LU13 as well as the typo fix of 2009.  Not only have you not added anything for your existing players, you've made the game worse with the new spell effects and all the SC junk all over the place.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #13
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

Something strange I just noticed while fighting a mob. 

Everytime I cast a spell while fighting my weapon & sheild 'holster' themselves and then I take it back out after I'm done casting to hit the mob and over and over and over again till the mob is dead or I stop casting spells. 

I played around with the spell effects on Test while they were there and don't remember it being that way.  Or at least it wasn't as obvious as it is with my Live character.  o.O

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

original devs promised to us ages ago, they wont do too much dramatic changes to UI settings, they would go little by little to give us time to make few changes.

today was way too extreme of UI setting changes, took some players several hours to figure out all the settings.

DONT DO THAT AGAIN!

some of players and i had lost some valueable time from questings or stuck in middle of raids getting lost in new UI settings.

new Ui look very bulky and some frames take up some spaces, please make them thinner. why having "victorian frames"?

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
Sendarr

Loremaster

Was there anything useful added in this GU, except maybe some of the class tweaks?

The UI. Instead of adding useful things like click to cure or a swing timer, you.. round the hotbar buttons, elongate the XP bar into a hideous monster, add giant SC buttons (As well as showing you your SC amount in merchant windows), remove the compass and clock default, (Merging it with a window I personally always keep closed) and break a lot of hotkeys. Escape comes to mind.

SOGA. Why are the SOGA models default? This is not an anime game. Everyone I know, barring one or two, universally prefers the original, normal models. The SOGA models were always easy to turn on if you wanted to. But WHY make the much worse, much more simple, characters models the default? New players are going to log in and go "What the..?"It would be like forcing everyone to use Luclin models in EQI. You just have to ask.. Why?

Spell Effects. Wow, I could go on for quite a ways here. The spell effects of EverQuest II were some of the most impressive of any MMO I have ever played. Note I said "were". They are pretty much, all across the board, flat. Boring. Lackluster. All of my spells are now just a couple of weak little pixel effects. Please, revert them back to the way they were or at the very very least give us the option to do so ourselves. This is, in my opinion, one of the worst changes to ever happen in EQII history.

To be fair, the new tradeskill quests are decent I suppose. As well as making travel easier in some of the lower level zones. (Although how travel could possibly be any easier in this game is beyond me.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.
Sendarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
Aurel

Book Goddess

It looks like we necromancers lost the green skull and crossbones for real this time!  Still have a skull going on for Lich which may get annoying in the future, but I'm just happy to be without the green skull.  Quite happy!

We also have two new books!  Yay!!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #17
DragonGem

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The alternative blue color for the UI won't stay as a choice through-out camping & restarting of the game.  I've tried copying all the pieces over to my EQ2maps and it still won't stay!  Every bloody time I log out & I log back into the bloody red UI choice.

I am having the same issue.

DragonGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #18
MindFury

Loremaster

Character window must go. hideous. far too large.

When I clicked inventory it was only to see what was in inventory, to check food/drink, to swap a piece of gear, etc....all while viewing a nicely sized small box in the upper right of my screen...Now I have this massive box that literally takes up half of my viewing screen and can not be resized. It displays a bunch of crap I do not wish to see when only wanting to swap gear...the 6 bags at the bottom...not needed, the stats to the side...not needed. There was nothing wrong with having persona info in its own box, and inventory in another.  I used to be able to also slide my bank box just below the character window..with bank bags below both of those, now I can't even slide the bank box under character window without having overlapping boxes ANNOYING to say the least. I am a neat freak, I want my screen nice and tidy. I only wish to view that which I wish to view at the time I wish to view it. I'm one of those folks who has bags nicely and neatly lined up to match perfectly with bank bags all fully opened at the same time while also having inventory and bank box opened..now I can not do this, this limits my gaming experience, it forces an untidy nature making clutter and overlapping boxes/bags..this is pointless and causes yet more time sinks which we have all come to know SOE loves..we however do not.

I play on a pvp server, and this far too large box has got to go!!! It blocks far too much of my screen, cutting my viewing of the surroundings by half. This affects anyone greatly in a pvp environment!!!!! I have no clue if someone's coming at me from behind some over sized stupid box or not, all simply because I am quick tryin to switch a piece of pve crap for pvp crap.

MindFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
Bleuu

Loremaster

Also, while most of these posts (including my first one) mentioned how horrible the spell effects were, there is also the sounds of the effects. They are so intrusive and annoying that when I was playing earlier, I had to turn my sound off. It's nothing but pings and wizzes and high pitched squeals. Extremely distracting and next to impossible to listen to.

Bleuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #20
boomerponc

General

Here's my constructive criticism!:

• My UI seems to have been redone by Blizzard (I guess that's been said, but saying it again just reinforces the thought!)
  • More blatant RMT/SC reminders in the new buggy UI
  • No new gear at all.
  • No new ZONES at all. <---
  • Bugged XP gain on the first day of the update? (I haven't logged in to see this one, personally.)
  • A 3 month update having equal to or lesser content of the older 1-month update system.
  • Some class fixes were supposedly coming live with GU57, but then told it will be postponed for (weeks/months/who knows) after.
boomerponc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #21
Hecula

Loremaster

I just spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to drag and drop plat from my bank to my inventory. I used to just drag the money from my bank to the little coin near where the money amount was displayed. Now that doesn't work. Finally figured out that you can drop it on the image in the center of the inventory and it would work.

Also, sometimes when I click on the money numbers in my inventory and drag them, I drag away a copy of the number on my cursor but no actual money. Like, let's say I have 86 gold, when I click on the 86 and drag it, the number "86" in gold letters drags away on my cursor but not the money.

Hecula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
Lamatu

Loremaster

I agree the nerfed spell effects are just terrible. Luckily Profit once updated works well with GU 57. About the only thing I like is that you can now change the mouse pointer size. I didn't see that listed in the update notes.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #23
Draylore

Loremaster

Seriously, why ask for feedback when you had pages and pages and pages of feedback from test telling you how lame this whole GU was?

There is not a single positive aspect to this update as far as I can tell........new UI sucks.....being forced/reminded about the F2p and station cash crap is borderline offensive.  Fighter heal crit was not needed and in fact just ruins the gameplay for several while enhancing it for noone.   New spell effects and animations wont hide the fact that the game is broken underneath.

Not one single new heroic or raid zone. 

Not too long ago you told us that less updates thru the year would result in better updates with more stuff......as like everything else "promised" by SOE it was a load of crap.

This update just proves to me that you truely want to drive away your existing customers so you can nickle and dime the new ones you think you are all the sudden gonna get.  Dream on.

Sorry but that is about as constructive as I can get with this pos update.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #24
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

All I can say is Rest In Peace Everquest 2 8/18/2010

All 4 accounts cancelled, and hello to the wait for Rift.

SOE, you have 3 months to get your heads out of your [Removed for Content], otherwise I won't be back.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #25
thajo

General

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=484823

Posted on respective board but will toss a note of it here too.  The classes that have the other respective similar Theer wrists say theirs are working fine so perhaps its just mage.  Proc is not functioning as intended.

thajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #26
Xiotia
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Children of the Light

Loremaster

DragonGem wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I am having the same issue.

This is a problem! After my wife set hers to blue (because the red literally gave her a headache) it reset every little detail. So now she has to reorganize the ui on all her alts. I really think soe should have made the color choice a box in options without it affecting the ui layout.  

Please consider making it an option to switch back to the old ui. 

Old 08-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #27
Brynhild

Loremaster

Having my heals on my paladin do next to nothing, makes me not want to play it any more.  Main part of that class is healing and it got nerfed into uselessness.

Brynhild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
Zural

Loremaster

So now that fighters can no longer crit heals as it is not considered a core ability of a fighter to be able to heal:Why do priest classes get to crit damage spells and melee crits, is that a class defining trait?

Why do scouts and in particular assassins get to crit heals that full heal them twice over, definitely a class defining trait?

Why do conjy's and necros get to crit heals for their pets?

SoE you have truly taken crit consolidation to a whole new level by simplifying and then constructively saying that we screwed up on fighters but the rest of you are fine....

I am at an absolute loss on why you felt the need to nerf fighters because there isnt a zone out there that was soloable only by a fighter.  Maybe the content itself is weak and not the classes.  Congratulations on nerfing my enjoyment of the game I have played since eq1.  This is the first time in 10 years of playing SoE games that I have felt the need to be negative over a [Removed for Content] game but pls tell me what you where truly thinking because i am at an absolute loss!

You wanted my feedback?  Pull this nerf back or instead of consolidating crits just go to 4 classes and make it very simple for yourselves to manage, fighter, scout, healer and mage.  Or even better who needs the mage, just go to three =(!!!!!!!!

Zural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #29
Carthr

General

New's flash..  Feedback about GU57 is kind of pointless now...  It's live, and we're stuck dealing with this horse poop you flung on us..  Maybe if someone would have listened alittle more intently in the TESTING FORUM things would have been better..

But lets not kid ourselves here Amnerys, this isn't an EQ2 GU update, this is entirely about EQ2X and making Smed some more money while he slowly kills the Live servers.  I've sent you and Smokejumper a number of PM's with not a single response..  I guess no one around here has enough SPINE to answer the simple questions I've asked.

Carthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #30
ShinGoku

Loremaster

I'm completely underwelmed (and saddened) by whats been given as our quarterly update to the game we PAY for each month.  It really is that thin on the ground.  What have you folks really been doing for the last 3.5 months?  Ok I will be fair, the flora changes DO improve my performance slightly but still....

I really don't like the new UI at all.  Congrats on finally making me seek out and install profitui.  The only thing I DID like about the new UI is the F10 functionality and the combined persona / item window.

Is there anyway to change the animations back to how they were via a toggle or something?

ShinGoku is offline   Reply With Quote