EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Please post any issues or feedback found in the new Icy Keep: Retribution raid in this thread. I will be keeping a close eye on it to make sure we get issues dealt with as soon as humanly possible!

Hope you enjoy the zone SMILEY

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
lollipop

Loremaster

The first drake, the port at 10% is way to much. Please tone it down and make it so does not port as often.

Trash has to many ho but I am sure we said that in test hehe. Ill update more as we do more. But yeah Hoarfrost person....please look at that port

lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

How often is it going off? And the trash have a good number of hp but they also respawn a whole lot slower than they did on test.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
lollipop

Loremaster

The port is going off almost back to back. We get ported run back into the water. Then soon as we get back to the water, bam red msg again to port us back to him.  Honestly for easy to mod for this area and that being the first named. Getting rid of the port to the middle and haveing it just do the curse every 10% - knockback and the egg adds would have been perfect.

oh also the hit box on the mob, something is "funny" about it. I box a dirge and norm have them on auto follow (I am a paly) When the dirge is on auto they wont aucto attk the named. I thought at first maybe super small hit box. So i moved the dirge closer...nothing. So i moved the dirge back away from the drake some and was auto attking. Im not sure if its a bug or maybe designed that way to punish people who box toons on auto follow.

Being as this is a starter zone and meant for well really nooby players and that being the first named...I have to stress again I think the 10% thing is a bit much. I known some hardcore people will flame me for it but first named should be a simple tank and spank type for a zone like this.

The gear is pretty much on par with t4 from the last xpac and legendary stuff from this one. This needed to be the "WoE" of this xpac but so far didnt delvier =(.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

I will up the time between summons but not going to remove it completely. Just because its an easier zone doesnt mean they should be no challenge at all.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
lollipop

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

I will up the time between summons but not going to remove it completely. Just because its an easier zone doesnt mean they should be no challenge at all.

agree, but one thing to remember. If you want an easy zone for Pick up groups and family casual people. It prolly should be dooable by 8-12 hardcore people with gear. Like easy tox. Do it with 8 people alot. Can easly push 120k dps with 8 people. Where I have seen pick up raids doing less then 100k with 24 people =/.

Thanks for listening and responding so fast. I wish we could have tested it more on test for you =/. For some reason all of us didnt get copied over =/.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
FimisOrbe

Loremaster

Some x2 Trash mobs have still the No Loot symbol in an x3/4 Raid.

Kastus and Odaufe are horrible with the Memwipes. Even if you keep them close to each other (HP wise), as soon as they come to the 75/50 etc mark, they perma Memwipe and aren't merged at the same Time. As soon as they Merged, they still memwipe way too much. How should you suposed to keep them, if they almost Insta kill you, as soon as you hit them?

I know it should be an Easy Zone and you said Easy != [Removed for Content], but that Encounter is just dead Wrong in there.

Overall I was kinda dissapointed, the Loot fits for a starter Zone. Also Vrewwx EM Loot... One Pattern and nothing else, though atleast you see a decent Item from him and not only one Pattern.

Just my 2 cents~

FimisOrbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Ldarax

Loremaster

FimisOrbe wrote:

Some x2 Trash mobs have still the No Loot symbol in an x3/4 Raid.

Kastus and Odaufe are horrible with the Memwipes. Even if you keep them close to each other (HP wise), as soon as they come to the 75/50 etc mark, they perma Memwipe and aren't merged at the same Time. As soon as they Merged, they still memwipe way too much. How should you suposed to keep them, if they almost Insta kill you, as soon as you hit them?

I know it should be an Easy Zone and you said Easy != [Removed for Content], but that Encounter is just dead Wrong in there.

Overall I was kinda dissapointed, the Loot fits for a starter Zone. Also Vrewwx EM Loot... One Pattern and nothing else, though atleast you see a decent Item from him and not only one Pattern.

Just my 2 cents~

There is a way to avoid the memwipe.

Ldarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Sydares

Loremaster

Where do you go after killing the 2nd named?

The 3rd named seem to be immune and there are absolutely no pathways that aren't locked.

Sydares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
Sydares

Loremaster

Well, this feels buggy.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
kiku

Loremaster

Yeah the port after 10% on the first named is to much...This is for causal pick up people. We where really excited, we thought it might bring more pick up raids to our server. I doupt it will now. /cry

kiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #12
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Sydares wrote:

The 3rd named seem to be immune and there are absolutely no pathways that aren't locked.

Try splitting the raid force up a little bit... look around the room before you pull the named

kiku wrote:

Yeah the port after 10% on the first named is to much...This is for causal pick up people. We where really excited, we thought it might bring more pick up raids to our server. I doupt it will now. /cry

I am going to lengthen the time between when he ports folks significantly in an upcoming hotfix.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #13
Sydares

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Sydares wrote:

Try splitting the raid force up a little bit... look around the room before you pull the named

...the levers that we can't pull because we don't have gloves? >.>

Old 05-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

nope

Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
Sydares

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

nope

Then that was the most vague thing ever.

The levers tricked us into thinking we were missing something.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
EQPrime

Loremaster

No plat in the chests...

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #17
kiku

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Sydares wrote:

kiku wrote:

I am going to lengthen the time between when he ports folks significantly in an upcoming hotfix.

Thank you!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #18
Remora
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Singularity

Loremaster

The quest "Knocked out cold" is not updating when Vrewwx is killed hardmode

Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #19
vinere

Loremaster

The Frozen Corrival

It keeps crashing 80% of our raid when it spawns the dopple.. Havnt had any issues up to now.  Did it 3 pulls in a row.

vinere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #20
Traldan Omegafyre

Loremaster

The loot appears to be broken (or really, really worthless). Summoner shoulders from "Glacial Occultist Shoulders Pattern," for instance, only have 2.5% potency and no pet potency...when even t8 shard armor/woe armor had more potency and had some for the pet.

Tralnak - 80 Necro/80 Tailor - Mistmoore - Divinus
Traldan Omegafyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #21
Traldan Omegafyre

Loremaster

vinere wrote:

The Frozen Corrival

It keeps crashing 80% of our raid when it spawns the dopple.. Havnt had any issues up to now.  Did it 3 pulls in a row.

Happened to us too.  I missed out on the quest update. SMILEY

Old 05-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #22
vinere

Loremaster

Traldan Omegafyre wrote:

vinere wrote:

The Frozen Corrival

Happened to us too.  I missed out on the quest update.

well we cant even kill it.. 6 of our healers crash at 75% everytime we pull.

vinere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #23
Arno24

Loremaster

Killing Vrewwx did not update quest
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #24
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

I will look into the Corrival and Vrewwx first thing in the morning

Out of curiosity when the Corrival splits how many copies of himself spawn?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:49 AM   #25
Traldan Omegafyre

Loremaster

Uhh I guess it was 3, plus whoever had a copy of themselves up?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #26
Gaige

Loremaster

Traldan Omegafyre wrote:

The loot appears to be broken (or really, really worthless). 

The zone is a joke, what do you expect.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:14 AM   #27
Traldan Omegafyre

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Traldan Omegafyre wrote:

Loot better than t8 woe? lolz

Old 05-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #28
kiku

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Traldan Omegafyre wrote:

Loot is fine for an entry level zone. Just it needs to be toned down more for that group its intended.

Basicly high end legendary gear with fable tag.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #29
EQPrime

Loremaster

I thought the zone was pretty well done.  Most of the fights had at least some kind of script to figure out.  I found most of the fights to be close in difficulty to the 3 easy tox mobs, the first 2 in labs, and the first mob in palace.  The loot was generally a lot worse though.  I think some of it should be slightly better, and the shoulders need a huge boost because they are horrible.  Overall I think some of the loot needs a small boost to make it at least an alternative to the loot from the easy SF raid mobs.

None of the fights were especially difficult, though a couple took us a few pulls to figure out.  Nothing hits all that hard unless you do something wrong.  You might want to tweak up the autoattack damage a tiny bit and maybe add a damaging AoE or two.  (Please not the 3 aoe's about 8s apart that we see on almost every raid mob in the expansion though!)  We ran out of time so we didn't do the last 2 nameds, so I can't really comment on them.

We also got the same bracelet off like 4 or 5 trash mobs.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #30
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Cleared up through the Corrival tonight before calling it a night. Few bits of feedback:

We didn't have the kick/LD issue on Corrival, but we did see issues with him breaking. When the tank got knocked into the air it could break, and it also broke when he got a little over halfway across the chessboard. The leash range should be expanded a little bit, I can't see any reason why the mob should leash while still insdie his room. Also, not sure if it's intended or not, but the mechanic seemed to be the opposite of the heroic icy keep from last Frostfell, in terms of which clone to kill. Also, the "heart" buffs really need to be given priority so that they always show up first in a mob's target window effect display. (That goes for the turns-black spawn-pets buff on the Vig x2 guy as well; playing "hunt the buff" is just nonesense, if "immune to stun" type effects are magically always first and thingsl ike the Corrival's "Failure" buff always are listed first then things like the heart buff should also awlays be listed first).

HP on the trash seemed a bit high for the intended difficulty of the zone. We still burned through it pretty quick, but I could see a guild just beginning their SF raiding (ie more the intendend audience for the zone) taking quite a while to clear through the zone because of all the trash. I think the trash in there had more HP than the trash in say Perah'Celsis's Abominable Laboratory, which seems goofy. Also, odd that some of the trash are rated x3 and even x2, thus giving some of them the 'no loot' icon. It's a full x4 raid zone, so it doesn't make much sense to me to have the mobs rated that way, especially when they definately have the hp of x4 trash. Seems like something that could potential confuse folks, so I would just mark 'em all x4 - maybe giving folks a few more random tokens per zone as well.

Loot was pretty medicore. Some of the stuff was on par with T1, but some of it was just... mute+move on. I can see part of that being just risk-vs-reward (it is an easy zone; I think it's the first time ever I've seen a white raid mob on current tier content), but some of it seemed pretty crappy even for that.

Beyond that, the only other annoyance I can think of is having to go all the way back out to the courtyard to update quests before you can procede (and that's not even counting the gloves quest, that one I understand since it was originaly intended to be completable only over multiple trips). Once you go out to update that quest you have to go all the way back in to pick up where you left off. It's minor, but it does break up the flow of the zone when you're doing the quests.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote