EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #31
Melanchol
Server: Oasis
Guild: Paradise Lost

General

stuck zoning on Oasis after change... 5 minutes now to get to palace of roehn theer x4.... still waiting
Melanchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #32
Tenchisama
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Yoricks Merry Men

Loremaster

sub 1 min to char select and sub 1 min from char select to guild hall - Mistmoore - tier 2 hall

Tenchisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:56 AM   #33
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Finally made it into game on the character that was stuck.  However, I'm in Vasty Deep, looking at a guild mate standing in front of me.  Problem is, he's actually in our guild hall in Antonica.  I right clicked him and invited him to group and he got the invite and accepted it.  I buffed him and he disappeared.  He dropped group and re-appeared.  This is really weird.

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 AM   #34
Torrin

Loremaster

Zoning has become fubard with today's changes.

All day have had 5-10min zone times. Earlier this afternoon I had to send a petition as both myself and my friend got our characters stuck in the endless "Connecting to Zone Server" loop where it waits for 2-3mins then boots you go character select.  GM had to force move us to Thundering Steppes just so we could get back in game.  And now my character just got stuck in the loop again trying to zone into Library of Erudin.

Not only that but guildmates have reported seeing doubles of people in different zones, which is something that use to happen when you would LD / Crash and log back in right away you'd have a copy of yourself.

This is all happening on Nagafen server, and by the looks of things It's affecting several if not all the servers.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #35
olde english D

Loremaster

Guild activities suspended due to lack of playability, where do i get my refund again? Cause this isnt what i signed up for.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #36
Mathafern
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Slege

Loremaster

I'm really pretty tired of playing on the test server.

Not that I'm trying to- it's just that for some reason the regular servers are being used as test servers.

Battlegrounds should be removed from the game until this is fixed. 

I know you guys are working hard on this- I feel for you.  But enough is enough.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #37
Hajji2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm really pretty tired of playing on the test server.

Not that I'm trying to- it's just that for some reason the regular servers are being used as test servers. 

Battlegrounds should be removed from the game until this is fixed.  

I know you guys are working hard on this- I feel for you.  But enough is enough.

QFE, this sums up what a lot of us hardcore raiders who have been in this game since beta are feeling.  We don't pay our subscriptions to play Battlegrounds, we pay for EQ2.  If you want PvP, play PvP and be done with it.  SOE, you're on the brink of losing what used to be a very loyal portion of your playerbase if you don't either fix the issues with playability and zoning, or REMOVE battlegrounds and make it a separate game altogether.

We don't pay you to provide us with a better waiting experience, we can do that for free.

Hajji2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #38
Shotneedle

Loremaster

olde english D wrote:

Guild activities suspended due to lack of playability, where do i get my refund again? Cause this isnt what i signed up for.

^^^

We called our raids last night too after spending over an hour trying to get from our guild hall into toxx lair. We didn't feel like killing it with the 10 people that actually got in in said hour.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #39
irbi

General

20 min zoning in Barren Sky.

You make amazing hot-fix! Keep it up!

irbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #40
pinba11

Loremaster

Runnyeye isnt even usefull as a mail server right now !

pinba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #41
Dogtag
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Dark Haven

Loremaster

been zoning for 20 mins now...

wtb better zoneserver, loginserver etc.

Scrap the C64 used atm imo

edit:

took 30 mins to zone, now zoning again just because I like the pain SMILEY

Dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #42
Macalacca

Loremaster

Massive issues on Runnyeye 21st April 18:45 onwards. Been trying to get into game on and off - eventually successful then a 20 min zoning into Sundered Frontier and now I have been zoning into Lair of the Dragon Queen for 30 mins with no progress - still stuck on receiving zone info. Our raid just got cancelled because so many people are unable to actually zone/log into the game SMILEY

Macalacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #43
RandomWalk

Tester

I am also on Runnyeye and experiencing the long zoning times and difficulties in even getting to character select (screen showing Runnyeye is locked and only 4 of my toons repeatedly).  It is 8pm here in the UK and peak playing time.

This is just an observation but the lag was really bad on Runnyeye around this time last month - I just wonder if there is any connection with the mushroom ring instances?

Aeriel

RandomWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #44
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep

Loremaster

/sigh  Another night of 30 mins zoning.  Really Sony?  You have had 24 hours+ since this was first reported to clean up the mess.  I am disappointed that you have not more aggressively addressed this issue.

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #45
Cronqar

Loremaster

and I have to add Valor as a server to the ones with zoning issues. Since last patch we experience for the first time 5 minute + zoning times (it took about 7 minutes to zone into "trial of the hua mein", came out in about 3, and then had a 8 minute wait coming back from stonebrunt to sundered), extreme brokerlag and general lag which causes some extreme warping of mobs.

Whatever you pushed in this patch to the DE-servers seems to be responsible and whatever we didn't have before on the german server might be the issue for the delays on the other servers as well. Just a thought.

Cronqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #46
Drumstix

Loremaster

Blackburrow is noticing this horrid zoning times again again tonight. 8:15pm EST

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #47
selig6453

Loremaster

We are having horrid issues on Everfrost, contantly stuck zoning.  Log in servers going down altogether, and when we finally get kicked after 15 minutes of zoning says servers down or charcater doesn't exist.  Somedays it works fine others it's miserable like tonight.

selig6453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #48
Zeffran
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Vanguard

Loremaster

On Splitpaw, yesterday evening 19:00BST (11:00PDT) zoning into Lair of the Dragon Queen, those on SF2 seemed to zone normally (the lucky 5) the rest in SF1 took upto 25 minutes some with multiple LD's, some of those LD's had ghost characters visble in zone.

15 minutes to clear the zone (on easy).. then off to Lab's.... an hour later after much cursing on vent we're ready to go.

So a nights raid of three hours was spent staring at the receiving zone info screen for more than half of it.. (Thank god for vent and some very poor jokes...)

Worst zoning experience ever in the last five years.

Zeffran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #49
adolf102

Loremaster

Runnyeye 21th April. Zoning takes 5-10 minutes EU Prime Time. Not consistant. Sometimes it works fine.

Other issue that might be related is that putting items on broker takes a lot of time. "Consignent transaction in progress or such"

adolf102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #50
Zoltaroth

Lead Programmer

We are monitoring all the live servers and making changes accordingly.  Today should be much better, let us know how it goes.

Zoltaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #51
threat111

Loremaster

will this include zone performance or just zone times?

The above post is most likely cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, unnecessary, and informative. I apologize for any information gained from said post. It was meant purely to be cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, and unnecessary.
threat111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #52
Chryso

Lord

Will this take care of Spell Lag as well?  Last night was ridiculous.  Honestly with how poorly the game has been preforming for everyone sing Battle Grounds I think sony should pony up a discount or retro credit.

Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #53
Dannnybones
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Just for the record, Nagafen is just as bad, especially palace of rhoen theer.  ALSO, what is with people getting locked out of characters in seemingly random zones?

Dannnybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #54
Dannnybones
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Chryso wrote:

Will this take care of Spell Lag as well?  Last night was ridiculous.  Honestly with how poorly the game has been preforming for everyone sing Battle Grounds I think sony should pony up a discount or retro credit.

This.

Dannnybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #55
nierika

Loremaster

the zone times seem better, but I have am having and issue where I keep getting stuck in a zone loop- I zone and get stuck on "connecting to zone" where it drops me back to character select; I'm unable to log back in until I'm moved out of the zone in question.  This happened last night and this morning... I'm not sure this is exactly related, but mentioning it constructively keeps me from wanting to ragequit.

nierika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #56
Torrin

Loremaster

It's not getting better it's getting worse.

Last night on Nagafen I got to have my 3rd connecting > character select stuck character loop. Plus at raid time the lag in Palace of Roehn Theer was spiking and made doing any fight impossible.

Today I've been on an hour, just now zoned out from GH to SQ went fine. Zone from SQ to Ant little slow but okay. Zone from Ant to Ant GH character stuck in the loop again.  So this make 4 times in 2 days I've been loop-stuck in seemingly random zones. I'm pretty sure by now the GMs are getting tired of my /stuck petitions, I know I for one am getting tired of not being able to quest on the character I want to quest on because there's a 50/50 chance everytime I zone I'm going to get loop stuck.

So how about this. How about you just take all the servers down and work on them and don't put them back up until the issues are resolved then take that time they had to be down and credit it towards every active account.

I'd rather not play than play with 1k+ ping spikes, zone times long enough to cook & eat dinner, 50% chance on anytime you zone get loop-stuck, and zone servers going down with no warning. (apparently last night Antonica was down.. heard a few moments ago SF is down and Labs in SH is down).

Old 04-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #57
threat111

Loremaster

if they take them down they wont have the load needed to test the issues.  when the servers are empty they run fine.  Welcome to live beta testing.

The above post is most likely cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, unnecessary, and informative. I apologize for any information gained from said post. It was meant purely to be cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, and unnecessary.
threat111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #58
Zoltaroth

Lead Programmer

Chryso wrote:

No, but we are currently testing updates to help that as well.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #59
adolf102

Loremaster

All was flawless for me on Runnyeye today. Thanks!

adolf102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #60
Zoltaroth

Lead Programmer

Torrin wrote:

It's not getting better it's getting worse.

Last night on Nagafen I got to have my 3rd connecting > character select stuck character loop. Plus at raid time the lag in Palace of Roehn Theer was spiking and made doing any fight impossible.

The stuck in character select loop was being caused by a configuration issue that is being resolved currently.  It should not be a problem tonight.  If it happens after 6pm Pacific tonight please PM me.