EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Kiara

Community Relations

Sentinel's Fate is live on the US servers and will be up shortly on the international servers.

The update notes can be found here.

Please leave your constructive and polite feedback in this thread SMILEY

Thanks all and happy adventuring!

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Barzzboi
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Lost Coast Privateers

Loremaster

I have entered my activation code and got into the game in my Guild Hall, re-distributed by AA points (since Wizzies have to re-do them ALL) and then used Translocate to try to go to The Sundered Frontier, but I keep getting to the "Logging Into Zone Server" screen, and there it hangs until I'm kicked back to the Character Selection screen. It's been an endless loop of tries, but I will keep trying in case it's just overloaded server problems...

Barz

Barzzboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
KaleMuteki

Loremaster

I can not wait to try out the nVidia 3d-Vision when I get off work!! I just spent money on a 3d-enabled Asus laptop, and had no idea EQ2 was about to support this feature.

Hope you guys did a great job SMILEY

I'll post opinions on the actual expansion pack when I get a shot at it.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
Hamervelder

Loremaster

Intelligence needs to be removed from all crusader shard armor, and have those points added to strength and/or stamina.  Please un-nerf Bite of the Wolf.  Thanks.

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Sedenten

Loremaster

Regarding the 7 day head start program:

This idea was good in theory and I think would be a good way to launch future expansions. 

Unfortunately the way it was implemented this first time around was not optimum and is going to result in a lot of people throwing fits.  Next expansion, I highly recommend making the boxes available in stores at least three days prior to the expansion launch date and not on the actual day.  That way people can grab the boxes beforehand and be able to start up with their activation codes as soon as the servers come back up.  There's still the incentive to buy the box from stores from that sort of promotion, only it would be a smoother transition I think. 

For new players that buy the new box, they simply would have access to all content except the new expansion, until the launch day update when they have all of the content they paid for.

I'll give more feedback on the actual expansion once I get the box myself and have a chance to get in game.

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Dasein

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This idea was good in theory and I think would be a good way to launch future expansions. 

Unfortunately the way it was implemented this first time around was not optimum and is going to result in a lot of people throwing fits.  Next expansion, I highly recommend making the boxes available in stores at least three days prior to the expansion launch date and not on the actual day.  That way people can grab the boxes beforehand and be able to start up with their activation codes as soon as the servers come back up.  There's still the incentive to buy the box from stores from that sort of promotion, only it would be a smoother transition I think. 

For new players that buy the new box, they simply would have access to all content except the new expansion, until the launch day update when they have all of the content they paid for.

I'll give more feedback on the actual expansion once I get the box myself and have a chance to get in game.

I really dislike having to buy a retail box. Being able to download the expansions has been hugely convenient for me, and so being forced to buy the retail box is a major annoyance. I hope SOE learns from this mistake.

As for actually playing the expansion, Amazon has delays shipping so I don't know when I'll get it. This only renforces what a mistake this approach has been.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Calain80

Loremaster

I would like to, but as I play on an EU server I can't even start downloading the patch. SMILEY I don't understand why the patch files where not copied to the server even before the server down, so you would only need to switch a soft link, config file, or so. But now also some good stuff from Beta / Test server: - I love the new quest helper esp. after the change to automatically sticky new quests. Also the other UI improvements, like the filter for Zone lockouts and spells are great usability improvements. - All instances I saw looked just great. We had a long argument if the sentinel was closer to Star Wars, Battlestar or Star Trek. SMILEY - Also there where some nice new scripts. I guess that was also some coding work. SMILEY - I like the flight pads and love just to jump down into the hole. Gives the "saying" "Jump down into the expandion." an completely new meaning. SMILEY - I'm a bit disappointed about the huge quest chain in the highlands as you don't really have any solo alternatives if one quest step is heavily camped. At least the lore was really nice. That should be enough for a 1st feedback. SMILEY
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Gilasil

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They were on sale at my local Best Buy last Saturday.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
Scythien

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Next expansion, I highly recommend making the boxes available in stores at least three days prior to the expansion launch date and not on the actual day.

As well as making sure the International Market has more than a few days to get in there pre-order and not overloading the amazing two sites serving tens (possibly hundreds?) of thousands of customers.

Surely when it was decided that 7-day bonuses would be granted to retail boxes, which would only be available in the US, did no-one think for a second "Hang on, what about Europe and the rest of our international playerbase?"...?

Please guys, when you're at your meetings discussing promotions, bonuses, competitions, etc, can the question "What about our international playerbase, what can we do for them?" always be brought up so we don't get a repeat of this incredibly poor performance on the Sentinel's Fate release.

This should not have happened, and could have easily been avoided.

I'm not gonna go into the situation regarding the servers...

Scythien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
Solarax

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

i agree. wont be able to install when i get home because im not there to recieve shipment as it is so its not a 7 day head start its a 2 day head start. would have been much nicer if boxes where shipped a day early at the least if not able to provide them in stores a few days before launch.

aside from the fact that the box has the code in it and i am playing on a euro server where everybody gets it at launch day i actually get a neg launch time.........

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #11
krrr

Loremaster

Feedback is impossible without access to game.

Still don't understand why I have to use some 3rd party instead buying SF through account manager.

krrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Please decide where your Canadian customers fall in the scheme of things.  We're not considered grouped with the US enough to have the same street date (US street date is today, Canadian street date is tomorrow.  And no, nobody in my area has the boxes in-store already.  I called and checked).  However, you *did* decide to group us with the US long enough for us to get shafted on the "international" digital download.

Please don't change your policies when it suits you best and suits us the least.  Pick one and stick to it.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
Kerahzey

Loremaster

Ya this is a total disapointment waitng for a fedex truck to play why sony can't find a way to use the DD and give the retailers some kind of cut is just a disapointment.  It all comes down to money.  This is the only way sony could find to let retailers cash in. It comes at our expense. We paid our money and we wait for a [Removed for Content] box.  No matter how late it is we get nothing but oh were so sorry.  maybe save 10 bucks on shipping if you complain to amazon enough. TOTAL FAIL FAIL FAIL

Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
Jeeshman

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't mean for this to sound unnecessarily argumentative, but: why is it a good way to launch expansions?  What's the benefit? 

When my girlfriend went to Best Buy this morning, she counted 5 copies on the shelves, plus a few copies of the Collector's Edition.  That's pretty slim pickings, IMO.

Sony knows how important it is for fans of this game to get their hands on it on launch day.  It makes no sense to me that it would want to create a situation that makes it more difficult for its paying customers to obtain the expansion.  I guarantee that if I hadn't been able to find two copies of the boxed version today, that would've been it for me and this game.  Seems like a precarious risk/reward scenario.  Is it THAT important to sell boxed copies instead of selling via download?

Giseppe - 80 Troubador

Shaydumar - 90 Templar

Everfrost Raid Alliance
Jeeshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
ElsaRat

Loremaster

I don't have it yet; Amazon has not yet shipped (though it says they're shipping soon). It's not a big deal for me; I don't mind waiting a few days. The attraction of the retail version for me was the mounts more than the early start date.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #16
Yimway

Loremaster

What happened to all the class fixes discussed at the Mechanically Speaking panel at Fanfaire?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #17
Wilin

Loremaster

Not sure what's up with the Amazon orders mentioned here, but I just ordered it from Amazon yesterday morning and it went out on the UPS truck to be delivered to my home at 7:30EST this morning. US$36.99 w/free shipping.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #18
Dasein

Loremaster

I got an email from Amazon this morning saying the shipping was delayed, but it arrived later this afternoon, so I don't what happened. Regardless, I got it.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Intelligence needs to be removed from all crusader shard armor, and have those points added to strength and/or stamina.  Please un-nerf Bite of the Wolf.  Thanks.

That was brought up during beta, the Int on the Crusader shard armour.  Guess they left it because it pretty much does nothing now so wouldn't hurt to just leave it.  /shrug

Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #20
Wilin

Loremaster

The new Hallmark quest in Butcherblock is bugged and it cannot be progressed. I'm mentored to level 35 and Silvers gives me the quest but then tells me to go get stronger and come back to him when I'm level 32. I submitted a bug report also.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #21
Kerahzey

Loremaster

Well I am extremely [Removed for Content] off I wish I had just bought from bestbuy or gamestop and went to pick it up myself.  I bought from amazon and what a fail.  It hasnt even left there dock yet.  Getting the run around from both sides but you know whats really stupid I live 20 mins from SOE and here I wait for [Removed for Content] fedex truck for a box coming from Kansas. I dont even care about the f'in mount I just want to start leveling my Warden.  This whole buy retail box without an option to use the DD is A BIG FAT FAIL SOE FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.  And please don't use Amazon again.  Amazon is now on my Sh$#@!t list. 

Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #22
Gormak

Loremaster

wether or not this is the best eq2 expansion or the worst is now irrelevant.

/feedback NEVER EVER EVER do a launch like this again.

TSF is going to be remembered by many for the launch farce, not the game.

Very dissapointing Sony.

Gormak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #23
everittdaniel

Loremaster

Wilin wrote:

The new Hallmark quest in Butcherblock is bugged and it cannot be progressed. I'm mentored to level 35 and Silvers gives me the quest but then tells me to go get stronger and come back to him when I'm level 32. I submitted a bug report also.

Chap doesn't even show up for me, nor are there any indications of which NPC to talk to prior to him which may kick things off.

Most puzzling.

everittdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #24
Kaalenarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blackhawks

Loremaster

I just wasted a good two hours in the expac doing about a dozen quests. Why is that a waste? Because the game AUTOMATICALLY locked my aa slider to 100% AA even though ive never touched it even once. This shouldve been reset to default upon logging into the expansion. A minor detail to some perhaps - but incredibly infuriating to know ive wasted quest xp and exploration xp that I can never get back now.

"Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." - Gary Gygax

Kaalenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #25
dawy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Next expansion, I highly recommend making the boxes available in stores at least three days prior to the expansion launch date and not on the actual day.

As well as making sure the International Market has more than a few days to get in there pre-order and not overloading the amazing two sites serving tens (possibly hundreds?) of thousands of customers.

Surely when it was decided that 7-day bonuses would be granted to retail boxes, which would only be available in the US, did no-one think for a second "Hang on, what about Europe and the rest of our international playerbase?"...?

Please guys, when you're at your meetings discussing promotions, bonuses, competitions, etc, can the question "What about our international playerbase, what can we do for them?" always be brought up so we don't get a repeat of this incredibly poor performance on the Sentinel's Fate release.

This should not have happened, and could have easily been avoided.

I'm not gonna go into the situation regarding the servers...

Hard to disagree with this excellent post.

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #26
Hamervelder

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

That was brought up during beta, the Int on the Crusader shard armour.  Guess they left it because it pretty much does nothing now so wouldn't hurt to just leave it.  /shrug

It got left because someone is lazy.  Intelligence used to benefit crusaders, and by having a useless stat on crusader gear, crusaders are losing a sizeable benefit to their armor.  Honestly, this expansion (while beautiful) is simply unfinished, despite the three-month delay.

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #27
Sulena
Guild: Secret Keepers

Loremaster

im a warden and i say keep the bite of the wolf nerfed the way it is cause otherwise it will make wardens trully a class with endless power

Sulena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #28
Jihanna

Loremaster

Having a LOT of issues with the NPCs in this room "poofing" as they are approached.  As well as the page that I need to click on for a quest.  People appear to be falling through the world in front of me. 

I have tried this on two computers on all possible performance settings.  It could be server side lag, but it's making the experience a bit hard to swallow.  SMILEY

Jihanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #29
Brooja

Loremaster

Yet another bug that won't go away.  Why can't Sony get it right?   I get into the new update, zone into a level 50 instance zone, only to have the game automatically mentor me to level 50 along with everyone else in group.  All same level, i.e. 50.  We disband, leave the zone, try to go to KP and play, but will the game let us go back to 80? Of course not.  We are all still level 50.  Disbanding group didn't fix it, there is no longer a "mentor/unmentor" option, camping, closing game entirely, rebooting comp, redownloading/doing a file check.  Nothing works.  Still I am level 50 as is everyone else with no way to fix it and play the game.  To make matters worse, mentored people kill you and you can't fight back.  Good Lord Sony.  Learn something for a change.  It's no wonder people keep leaving the game.  I may do likewise.

Dejame

Brooja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #30
Dulissa

Loremaster

Brooja wrote:

Yet another bug that won't go away.  Why can't Sony get it right?   I get into the new update, zone into a level 50 instance zone, only to have the game automatically mentor me to level 50 along with everyone else in group.  All same level, i.e. 50.  We disband, leave the zone, try to go to KP and play, but will the game let us go back to 80? Of course not.  We are all still level 50.  Disbanding group didn't fix it, there is no longer a "mentor/unmentor" option, camping, closing game entirely, rebooting comp, redownloading/doing a file check.  Nothing works.  Still I am level 50 as is everyone else with no way to fix it and play the game.  To make matters worse, mentored people kill you and you can't fight back.  Good Lord Sony.  Learn something for a change.  It's no wonder people keep leaving the game.  I may do likewise.

Dejame

/unmentor didn't work?

Dulissa is offline   Reply With Quote