EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #61
Dravoc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Hateful

Loremaster

Malachani wrote:

+1 for Quest Helper that shows more than one quest. Side by Side as well is awesome.

My number 1 most annoying thing about the quest journal is defaulting to some random quest whenever you earn status. I'm really tired of seeing that i need to visit the gnolls in Splitpaw or whatever the default quest is for my characters.

Also, having the collapse/expand options actually save! I can understand not saving if you camp completely to desktop, but to have chose to collapse all headings and 5 minutes later, there are 2 to 3 opened even though I did not choose to...

Functionality in the Group tab would help a great deal. Sometimes the quest details do not show up when I select a quest, so I have no idea how far my groupmate is along in the quest.

Dravoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #62
Dragowulf
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Rothgar,

With the Side-By-Side (Horiontal) quest journal we will need Vertical Splitters to work.  You can make them now, but they don't work and function right like Horizontal Splitters.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #63
Rothgar

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

Rothgar,

With the Side-By-Side (Horiontal) quest journal we will need Vertical Splitters to work.  You can make them now, but they don't work and function right like Horizontal Splitters.

Yeah, this is on my to-do list.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #64
Jardon

Loremaster

Can we get the journal fixed so it does remember what you have colapsed and open when someone joins your group

Raztok, 90 Troubador/90 Alchemist, Antonia Bayle
Jardok 90 Bruiser/90 Weaponsmith, Antonia Bayle
Razmer, 90 Zerker/90 Armorer, Antonia Bayle
Jarrel, 90 Brig/90 Provisioner, Antonia Bayle
Raznyk, 80 Wizard/90 Carpenter, Antonia Bayle
Jazdar, 90 Inquisitor/90 Sage, Antonia Bayle
Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #65
ganjookie

Loremaster

Whenever I complete a quest, it defaults to the Splitpaw stone quest.  I also cannot delete this quest.

I would rather it not default to that quest, but the next one in the zone or type of quest I am working on (eg L&L, Language, Heritage).

Old 04-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #66
ganjookie

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Can we get the journal fixed so it does remember what you have colapsed and open when someone joins your group

+1 for this as well.  It is a pain to constantly reset this.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #67
Daysy

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Increasing the number of active quests isn't really a topic for this thread

The total number of quests in a journal could be increased with us being given the choice of marking a number of them as active. The number need not be more than the current limit and could be considerably less. If I'm in Lavastorm there's no need to have my Butcherblock or Bonemire quests active.

More quests showing in the quest helper would be helpful.

A better system of cycling through the most recently updated quests would be welcome.

Daysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #68
Finora

Tester

I'm posting this with a very short time to do it so forgive me if I'm rehashing things already stated.

These are things I would like to see happen with the quest journal.

1) Make sure the 'herioc' 'epic' 'solo' tags are accurate. I don't have names of quests at this time, but I know running through quests with my alts I've run into 'solo' quests that involved herioc mobs and herioc quests that had nothing herioc to be seen.

2) Make sure the sorting is working properly. It can be quite tedious to find quests sometimes.

3) I don't know if it would be worth it to others but I would find it imensely useful to be able to sort the finished quest journal like I can my active quest journal. Since the addition of the ability to share quests that has become something that would be highly useful. As it stands it can be difficult locating the quest you wish to share unless you know EXACTLY where it is located.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #69
GrunEQ

Tester

Ditto for defaulting to Splitpaw quest, would like it to default to the next in line in the area I am working on. 

Also have multible quests opened at same time (and if possible show those that have same creatures in common)  Would like completed quests to show be able to show steps and rewards, perhaps if there was a button to do this. 

The ability to delete any quests but with a warning if the quest truely cannont be picked up again if deleted. 

Always say who the NPC is that you have to return to and where they can be found (esp. if a long time has passed and you have no idea) or the option to make comments in journal. 

When you pick up a new quest while currently working on another, for the new quest not to take the current quest's place. 

If any part of a quest is anything but solo, for the quest to be marked heroic, epic, etc.  So you know starting out that the quest can not be completed strickly solo.

When a quest is marked 'completed' it really is completed. (This may be a bug, I'm not sure, but some quests do this)

When you finish a step in a quest, esp. if there are more than one quests that a step updates, that it says it in chat also.  This is so you can see what other quests that updated as the info flashes by so fast you miss it. Have both show up in chat, please.

If a quest involves mutiable zones, have all the zones listed.

Quest names searchable like broker with partical names in the journal.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #70
ArivenGemini

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

I'm in the process of making some changes to the quest journal and looking for feedback.  Do you know of any bugs or have any complaints about the way it currently works? 

One of the things I'd like to see changed is to re-orient the quest list and detail pane so that they are side by side instead of on top of each other.  The information is easier to read with a taller list rather than a wider list.  If you've taken a look at Profit UI or some of the other third-party UI's, they've rearranged the quest list like this.

Increasing the number of active quests isn't really a topic for this thread, so lets keep it to just changes with the interface. 

We recently added the ability to sort collections by other means and to sort quests by name.  So anything like that, that makes the quest journal more usable, is the type of thing i'm looking for.

I would like to be able to delete ANY quest.. even heritage and collection.. there are some of those that I will simply never ever do.

Plus, you have no way that I recall to know that a given quest is a heritage quest... so once you get them you are stuck.

I would like to be able to delete the RAID portion of the splitpaw questline without losing access to splitpaw.  It is annoying to have to petition to get the quest back when you find out the hard way.

I would like to be able to track more than one goal visually on the tracker.. maybe not the full tracker quest text, but the "x frog legs" etc.   Either by me manually picking which ones to track or by it keeping the most recently updated on screen for a while (the first is prefered)

I would like to be able to have a comprehensive search

I would like to be able to save searches so I can pull things up in my own configuration

Old 04-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #71
brammator

Loremaster

I'd like to see counter for repeatable quests.  Like, 'it's a new quest for me' versus 'I did it at least once'.  But it's for 'accept/decline quest' window, I think.

And if you ever plan to make quest helper window multi-instanced, please add button to quick rolling/unrolling.

Barren Sky: Rodina illusionist, the Surreal guild.

Barren Sky: Gargantua sk, the Surreal guild.

brammator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #72
Mulethree

Loremaster

If you switch between category,current zone  It often expands all the + groupings - I think collapsed is a better default.

--

If I sort by current zone I get

The Ruins of Guk: The Lower Corridors

The Halls of Fate

Kaladim

The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold

Its not really sorted by the zonename its displaying. 

--

Category seems to actually sort, but Here I have

Ruins of guk: the outer stronghold of Ykesha

The Ruins of Guk: The Lower Corridors

So the sorting is right, but one has a 'The' on the front, the other doesn't and they end up out of order.

--

There is a 'show hidden quests' and a 'hide' button, but no 'unhide'  E.g. no longer hide this one when i uncheck the 'show hidden' box.   It would be nice if I could select a range of quests to hide at once - e.g. sort by level, select all the grey ones and hide them.  Sort by current zone, show hidden, select all the ones in this zone and unhide them, un-show hidden.

--

I have quite a few that show as 'complete' whe in fact they aren't.  That usually means the quest is on its last step which is a simple turnin?  But I have several that aren't - Getting the Menders Eye I have to harvest some statue - and then theres a turnin step after that.  In other cases i will read 'complete' but is in fact depending on some 'sub-quest' before it an be turned-in.

In Completed - it would be nice to have sort by level or current zone type filters.  

In Shared it would be nice to see how many people in the group have the quest active. 

Mulethree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #73
Dasein

Loremaster

I'd like the quest journal to show any items associated with the quest, ideally with an icon in the quest journal itself that I can drag to a hotbar for use. Quests also need to clean up after themselves - items no longer used should be removed from my inventory.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #74
ganjookie

Loremaster

Dasein wrote:

I'd like the quest journal to show any items associated with the quest, ideally with an icon in the quest journal itself that I can drag to a hotbar for use. Quests also need to clean up after themselves - items no longer used should be removed from my inventory.

+1

Old 04-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #75
Kaalenarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blackhawks

Loremaster

Something I would like to see is the journal link to the guide for how to do the quest like ProfitUI does. If a third party mod can do it - why cant we? And of course, make it toggle-able so those that dont want to see the hints dont have to.

"Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game." - Gary Gygax

Kaalenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #76
Lleren

Loremaster

I would really like to have the book collections split off and moved to a tab of thier own in the quest journal.

The ability to organize our own seperate tabs for the quest journal much like we can for chat,  that would be awesome =D

hunting for cheese in all the wrong places.

Lleren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #77
Fineo
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Moonlight Raiders

General

Speaking of Quests, how about a quest object inventory tab that's separate from our regular inventory?

All quest objects would be placed in that inventory so they aren't cluttering up our regular inventory.

At any rate, as someone mentioned earlier, being able to display a groupmate's quest in the quest tracker window would be my request.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #78
GrunEQ

Tester

This isn't exactly Quest Journal specific, but I would like objects that have to be used during a quest to be hidden and remembered; meaning we don't have to have it in inventory or on hotbars, that the game knows we have the object, and we click on whatever it's suppose to affect and it will trigger.  Please help us unclutter inventory and hotbars with these quest items.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:28 AM   #79
salle

Loremaster

Would it be possible to add a property to market search tool, one that knows if it's a collection item you don't have added.To this if you could also add a search tool to only look for items from a specific collection quest?

There are a few good ideas in the active quest window that modders have fixed like a drop down menu of the last quests that were updated. The only problem with this list is that it resets whenever you leave the game, would it be possible to have an offline file to store data like this so you don't lose that info even if your game crashes, say only 5 or so quests long?

Would it be possible to see in your active window and in the journal when not looking in the group or shared tab, info about who else in your group is also on the quest, and perhaps even show what step?

Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #80
Karrane1

Tester

Thanks Rothgar!!!

#1.. I would love to see the info left alone on the completed quests.   It would be awesome to be able to search the completed quests and see the steps it took to finish them, and that would help in knowing what quests you might want to share from there.

#2.. I would love to see quest objects that are needed placed in a special inventory so they dont clutter up my bags.   It seems that everytime I go back to do an old quest that needs a piece of whatever, either I dont have it anymore... or its wayyyyy back in the bank since I didnt have room to carry it for 6 months till I needed it again.  I dont delete the wrong pieces anymore since the Tag was added if it was needed for a quest line.. but there are old pieces that are gone due to no tag and an old woman's memory )))

I also use Fetish NIghtfall and have had side by side journal from almost day 1 :o)...

Old 04-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #81
Gwynet

Loremaster

Let me delete hallmark quests from 3 expansions ago!

Gwynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #82
Yimway

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

If I have loaded some collection items into a collection quest and then decide that I will never complete that collection I should be able to 'delete' the collection quest and it will cough up the ones i have 'loaded' in there 'so far'

IMO, decouple collections from the 'quest' object all together.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #83
blavek

Loremaster

There are few things in addition to what was allready sai that I would like to see.

I would like to see a total number of quests in zone verses how many I have completed.  For example The Moors of Ykesha Active - 10, completed 110, total in zone 512. (Numbers inacurate SMILEY) I would like this for completeness so I can go to a zone and say I have completed all the quests here time to move on or if I am questing for AA points I can see that one zone has more quests available to me than another zone.

Next I would like to see waypoints that have been discovered (not nessecarily by the player) for updates by the objective. Let's face it the first thing most of us do when we pick up a new quest or get a new objective is click on the link to the wiki page grab the waypoint and /way it. Wow has an add on that does this via forum trolling I think there maybe away to pull it from the wiki and cut out a step or two from the quest grind.

Also if I share a quest that someone needs a prerequisite for instead of making me dig through my journal for the pre req share that quest and tell me I shared this quest so I can go and help the person catch up.

Thats all I can think of right now that hasn't previously been mentioned.

blavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #84
madha

General

Since we are trying to make the quest journal more usable, can we add a click to find update like we did for the collection quests. Ill explain

Some quest srequire updates that can be bought on the brooker, but are not expressly stated what item you need to buy, sort of like click the update in teh jounrla wjhen targeting a brooker, if the update is somethign you can buy it auto sorts for that item,

We can also use the same funtionality to auto sort the recipe window for tradeskill writ updates, and any other quest that require crafting updates, my recipe books has 600+ combines easily, and would save some effort from typing and sorting out your recipie window.. I do soemthign similar for adventure writs i make a /target macro with all the writ mobs i am looking for and just spam it and pet pull =P.

madha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #85
SaberShadowKat

Loremaster

Ditto to delete any quest, sort by solo/heroic/epic. 

Added to that I wouldn't mind a "quest completed-to be turned in" type of sort option.  If you zone hop without turn ins, you need to open all of your quests to see which ones, if any, need to be turned in still.   So it would be a sort by active solo/heroic/epic/completed/(maybe repeatable too?)

SaberShadowKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #86
Zarador

Loremaster

I enjoyed the "Vanguard" quest tracking system where you could have several quests shown up at the same time.  Really handy when doing zones with very similair quest objectives.  Sometimes it gets frustrating to return only to realize that one more kill 1/2 way across the zone would have completed the quest.

Seperation of Tomes from Collections would be great as well.

Ability to sort collections by "Zone" perhaps? 

When entering collection items, maybe have the entered item go to that collection, then when the item is added, stay in that collection?

(lazy suggestion) Maybe have some highlight on pages that are "No Trade".

Zarador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #87
Cythera
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Poison Arrow

Loremaster

Zarador wrote:

Maybe have some highlight on pages that are "No Trade".

I think they already put this in game. I was checking the broker the other day for pages that I am missing. When you scroll over them in your journal the missing page will tell you if it is a "No Trade" page or not. Very handy. Don't have to waste time trying to broker search for them now.

Cythera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #88
Konol
Server: Unrest
Guild: Fabled

Loremaster

One thing i would like is the ability to either print out the quest journal or export it to a spreadsheet for printing.

Konol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #89
Seffrid

Loremaster

Please let me delete Hallmark quests.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 AM   #90
Cub

General

Need an option to adjust Text size.  I Bought a even bigger monitor and run the game at high res, Since I can not change the size  it is very hard to read the smaller pool of text on this window.  MY 25 inch monitor at 1900x1200 was hard to read the 30 inch higher than 1900x1200 is almost impossible unless I move in really close..  The journal window is one of the few I: cant up the text size. 

Also more sorting options there is so many quest sometimes I still cant find the one I am looking for, or maybe search by keyword or reward like google search style... like all quest that has something to do with  bats shows up when typed or reward name, NPC names,  ETC.

Anything at all to make the quest details easy to read while I am moving/fighting around since when I do them in groups people do not stop they know what is going on, since it is there quest I have to read up on the quest fast or fall behind the group.

The major change and  it will probabley never happen a  new small window option that dynamicly changes to show what ever quest I am near in game, and show me the objectives.

And I wish i could adjust the pannel more like the split between the middle of quest detail and rewards,  the reward info is huge and I rather customize it to have more text space the way it looks right on my monitor.  Anything at all to adjust window text space vs graphics to your liking. on my monitor sometimes I want to read the text in a huge window and the Rewards at the bottom is taking up half the screen to display a small graphic that shows me what I get for it.

Cub is offline   Reply With Quote