EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #61
feldon30

Fansite Staff

When you place an item in a guild hall, you need to realize that you are forfeiting that item to the guild. SoE would have to hire an army of customer support folks to handle the onslaught of complaints if they allowed everyone to /petition to get their items back. Whether you left your guild voluntarily, or there was a bad breakup, or you just plain got booted, you knew what to expect when you put the house item in the guild hall.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #62
Rashaak

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

We are considering amending the rules in houses and guild halls to allow the owners of No-Trade items to pick them back up even if their access level normally wouldn't permit them to do so.  This would allow people to place items with a little more reassurance that they could retrieve it at a later time.  However, if their access were completely removed so they couldn't enter the house, they still would not be able to retrieve the item.

What do you guys think about this change?  Would it solve more problems than it would create?

Why not just add a feature on the item that says

Shark Plush

Rent Status: XX

Uncommon

Owned by

Wouldn't that be much simplier? That way at least you know who it belongs to and they can move it. Or if that toon is no longer playing can at least be petitioned to removed or have the flag removed from it.

Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #63
Hirofortis

Loremaster

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE YES. DO this.

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #64
feldon30

Fansite Staff

It's already implemented BASED ON THIS THREAD that a guild hall trustee or house owning trustee can right-click an item and "Send Back to Owner". The issue Selioth is raising is that the guild hall owner doesn't want to part with those items. None of the suggestions in this thread will allow someone to forcibly take an item back from a guild hall they've donated the item to.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #65
Katz

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I do think some sort of control over no-trade items needs to be added. Allowing the owner to retrieve the item is a good idea. Perhaps, to address some of the mentioned concerns, that ability could be tied to a 'friend' setting or higher. So guildies and people who are special but are not trustees, could still retrieve their items, but visitors could not.  Allowing the GL to pick up items is good too, but they should not be allowed to destroy them. I think the default should be to mail the items back to the owner, maybe at the guilds expense.

And I love the idea of special crates in the hall. I was disappointed when I realized I couldn't put in guild vault storage to hold seasonal items. For now I had to place those on an alt mule. Make it an amenity (but not a real costly one) and even make them specific to seasons if you want, but giving us storage woudl be fantastic.

I like the idea of people at the friend level being able to pick up their no trade items.  I also would prefer "mail to owner" rather than "destroy item" as an option for the guild leader to remove items from the guild hall.

The special storage crates! Hope that comes sooner rather than later.   It would be great to someday add those to houses also.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #66
Faedok

Loremaster

Old post - but I wanted to add an idea and a suggestion.

1) If you have an item you placed in a hall, and the owner refuses to allow access to get it back, then petition for a CSR to assist you. 

2) Idea -- How feasible would it be to allow people to *tag* items that are NOT No-Trade. Basically if I want to place an item that CAN be traded, like a baby dragon pet, but I don't want just anyone with access to walk off with it, I should be able to turn that item into a No-Trade item. Even if you put an item in the Marketplace for like a buck called an "ownership tag", that would turn the item into a No-Trade or Heirloom item. You should also be able to remove the ownership tag (and since you paid real money in this case, you should get the tag back for future use).

Old 08-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #67
GrunEQ

Tester

Mail to owner is much better than destroy.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #68
DngrMou

General

Rothgar wrote:

We are considering amending the rules in houses and guild halls to allow the owners of No-Trade items to pick them back up even if their access level normally wouldn't permit them to do so.  This would allow people to place items with a little more reassurance that they could retrieve it at a later time.  However, if their access were completely removed so they couldn't enter the house, they still would not be able to retrieve the item.

What do you guys think about this change?  Would it solve more problems than it would create?

If possible, change it so that once you lose access, any no trade items that are yours are placed back in your inventory. 

And/or

For unidentified items in homes, and GH's...add a right click selection that allows trustee's/owners to simply mail that item to it's owner.

DngrMou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #69
Melfius

Loremaster

For the love of all that's blue 'n fuzzy!  PLEASE do this!

Melfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #70
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

I still absolutely disagree with something like this going in, with the possible exception of allowing you to retrieve no-trade items from a guild hall if you were formerly in that guild.

The main reason being people give away or even "sell" no-trade house items to others that cannot normally get them. This destroys any sense of security that those items cannot be taken back.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #71
Danielle

Lord

I dont know if this was said or not but:

Guild leaders/house owners should get a "Lost and Found" box, if they don't want a certain item, just put it in the box and the owner of the item can come a get it w/o trustee, or just take the No-trade tag off of house items. Some people may want these items, but cannot get it due to level.

Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #72
Solarax

Loremaster

ok i have been thinking about this for 2 years now and seeing as how things are going the next Real logical step is simple

house items that are currently no trade should become heirloom.

there is no real point in having no trade with the heirloom tag now and no point in Lore  .

all lore does is limit the creativity of those that like to spend time in game decorating houses but have to figure ways around tags to try and get the results they want.

there are a LOT of creative people that run into this problem all the time but they just suck it up and move on accepting it . maybe the devs should give a hard look at the idea .

while i was aiming specifically at houses thinking about the big picture based on accounts and heirloom my comments in some respects could be applied to guild halls as well.

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #73
quiarrah

Loremaster

My question is this. . I want to keep all the stuff I have given my characters from other characters I have had in the past who I have since deleted. But it appears that if I move. ..the item ends up going back to the original owner? What if that owner doesent exist?? Just curious . .cause I have alot of monkeys, plants and paintings. . . .but they are not necessarly al "mine" even though one of my past characters got it.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #74
Eveningsong

Tester

If you move houses, everything in your house, including items donated by other people/alts etc., moves with you.  You just go to the door of the house you want to move to and choose "buy".  You'll find a moving crate on the floor with everything that was in your old house SMILEY.  So much easier than it was back in the early days...

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:19 AM   #75
Rosenthorne

Loremaster

Eveningsong wrote:

If you move houses, everything in your house, including items donated by other people/alts etc., moves with you.  You just go to the door of the house you want to move to and choose "buy".  You'll find a moving crate on the floor with everything that was in your old house .  So much easier than it was back in the early days

Thank you so much for explaining this (and the poster who did earlier as well )

Now....can transferring housing ownership between alts , but on same account please be adressed?....please.....

Rosenthorne is offline   Reply With Quote