EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #91
GrunEQ

Tester

Since you have had this up there has been a cap of 25 listings.  The listings show large guilds who at times have no one on recuiting, or are not recuiting at this time.  I'm about fed-up.  Why should these guilds be showing up when there are plenty of guilds out there who are recuiting and have recuiters on in the game not showing up?  Please enlarge your list and de-list those that are not recuiting or no recuiters are on in game. 

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #92
Rothgar

Developer

I've gone ahead and re-enabled the restriction that you now must have a recruiter online before you show up in the list.  Also, you'll no longer get higher priority the more recruiters you have.  Having at least 1 recruiter online is just as good as having 5.  We're way past the cutoff for 48 so expect to see this in GU49.
Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #93
Ama

General

Rothgar wrote:
I've gone ahead and re-enabled the restriction that you now must have a recruiter online before you show up in the list.  Also, you'll no longer get higher priority the more recruiters you have.  Having at least 1 recruiter online is just as good as having 5.  We're way past the cutoff for 48 so expect to see this in GU49.
Personally i'm just happy if this change is put in since i'm in a very great guild, but we're rarely seen on the guild recruiting page.  Some nights we're lucky and we make it 2-3rd from the very bottom of the page, but it's not too satisfying when there are 4-6 guilds on the page with 0 recruiters online.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #94
Tommara

Loremaster

Size really doesn't matter. At least with respect to the guild recruiting window.  If people are only interested in "big", we don't need your help to figure that out.  People seeking big guilds don't need your help to figure out which ones to seek, and the big guilds don't need your help finding recruits.

You need to dump the "quantitative" factors entirely, in favor of "qualitative" factors.

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #95
Wenshen

Hero

The tool is still broken as of this date.  Please fix it so that in an unfiltered state, ALL guilds with online recruiters are shown, not just the top 20 most "active".  I've no problems with the huge zerg guilds being listed at the top (as someone previously mentioned, they've earned that right) but when the majority of users don't bother with filters at all,  the "mom & pop" guilds have the RIGHT to be listed in an unfiltered state, even if it's towards the bottom.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #96
Gilasil

Loremaster

It's been awhile  since I used that tool, but I think that if you put in some search criteria and if you're specific enough you'll pretty much get everything which fits that criteria, simply because there will be less then 20 guilds which do.

If you're looking for a guild it only makes sense to put in search criteria.  If you're looking for a hardcore raiding guild, you do not want to even look at casual guilds which never raid and vice versa.

So my advice to anyone looking for a guild is to use the search criteria to select only the guilds whose playstyles they're looking for.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #97
Middleone

Hero

Wenshen wrote:

The tool is still broken as of this date.  Please fix it so that in an unfiltered state, ALL guilds with online recruiters are shown, not just the top 20 most "active".  I've no problems with the huge zerg guilds being listed at the top (as someone previously mentioned, they've earned that right) but when the majority of users don't bother with filters at all,  the "mom & pop" guilds have the RIGHT to be listed in an unfiltered state, even if it's towards the bottom.

Ditto, 100 times ditto.  The guild recruiting tool is broken on Freeport server still, as of today 6/10/2012.  Guilds with zero recruiters online are shown while my guild with a recruiter online all the time ( we have at least 4 actual people recruiting, all hardcore, who pretty much do 24/7 coverage ), and at least 2-4 people online during weekdays, and up to 12 people on weekends, we almost NEVER show up on the guild recruiting page.  So we spam chat.  What are we supposed to do?  Suffer in silence?  If it takes four years to NOT fix this, then how long will it take to fix it?  This thread is 4+ years old. It was started by a developer, so someone was sometime thinking about fixing it.  IT IS STILL BROKEN.  I only see about 10-12 guilds listed at all, if that. 

PS:  Gee I'm so glad I'm a recurring gold member, because when I put in a trouble ticket for this, they told me to read this thread.  The thread informed me that nothing has changed in four years and more.   Maybe EQ2 is abandonware now. They maybe laid off the developer and hired a bunch of CS people to tell us to use forums to vent our frustrations and get noplace in four years. 

My point is, SOE is unresponsive to customer concerns, even when the concerns are brought up by their own developers in a public forum.  The whole point of this thread seems to have been to explain what the original intent was of a broken and buggy technology that WILL NOT be fixed. 

Let me give you a brief synopsis of this thread:

Developer;  original intent was to make it work like X

Customers: it works like Y, we want Z or at least X

Developer; well ok, shucks, maybe it doesn't really work like X after all, but maybe I can make it work like A in the release after next...

Customers: uhh.... lots of time has passed and you haven't delivered on your promises

Developer;

So the developer had good intentions to fix something, but something got in the way, a manager, a project manager, or some bean counter somewhere, or maybe a job change.  Truth is, someone in SOE (the developer) went to a lot of trouble to listen to us and try to fix someting, but then got stomped on by... (who knows?).   

And now they (customer service) have the audacity to refer to this thread as if it was some kind of authority on how things work when someone like me, a guild leader, recurring gold member, puts a trouble ticket into their system. 

I have to call a spade a spade.  This is dirty double dealing.  The problem is not fixed, and nothing in this thread explains why.

Middleone is offline   Reply With Quote