EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 PM   #31
Celestiant

Loremaster

It may only be 1 slot, but at least I'll get to play my Illusionist/Tailor again. *mourns the halfling that was lost to the character slot ether* Thank you very much for throwing us a bone here with an additional character slot. My alt-itis has taken a hit since stepping down from the Station Access subscription.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #32
Enever

Loremaster

thank you guys. this really cheered me up, heh.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #33
JeremyinKansasCi

General

I'm really glad we're getting another character slot, but it would be great if we could get two. One for a good character and one for an evil character. That would give us 8 -- two for each starting city. I don't really understand why the Station Access users get more character slots. Please don't yell, I'm not suggesting they be taken away, but isn't the point of Station Access so you can play two or more games? If you're playing more than one game, I can't see playing more than a couple characters in each game. Not unless you're rich and don't have to go to work or you're an alien that doesn't need sleep. ; ) I agree with someone who suggested there be another option--one that gives people who only play EQII more character slots without having to shell out for Station Access. Of course, if Sony adds a comic book themed game, then I'll probably get Access anyway. And what's up with Vanguard? It seems weird to me that Sony has two separate fantasy MMO's. Are these worlds ever going to merge? That would be cool. The little fox guys in Vanguard are cute. ; )
JeremyinKansasCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #34
Mistmoore-Milaga

Loremaster

Raveller wrote:
This is great news. Do you know what would be even better than extra character slots? If the servers could actually stay up rather than crashing several times a day. That would be awesome.

I can count on one finger the number of times I have seen my server crash in the past year. Are you sure we're playing the same game here?

Thank you for the additional slot(s). I'm firing up my test account again to get ready for what I want to fill that slot up with.

Mistmoore-Milaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 AM   #35
Kri

General

[email protected] wrote:
Raveller wrote:
This is great news. Do you know what would be even better than extra character slots? If the servers could actually stay up rather than crashing several times a day. That would be awesome.

I can count on one finger the number of times I have seen my server crash in the past year. Are you sure we're playing the same game here?

Thank you for the additional slot(s). I'm firing up my test account again to get ready for what I want to fill that slot up with.

Yesterday was bad, at least on Splitpaw, but other than that, I agree with you. Crashes are very few and far apart. Server is only unstable around LUs, but that's to be expected.

I'm very happy about the extra character slots. I currently have 5 characters on each of my accounts. After LU35 I will have 4 open slots. *drools* Altitis my friend - you're back SMILEY

Old 05-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #36
KnightOfTheWo

General

Awesome, thanks!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 AM   #37
Zard

General

Woohoo! Now I can revive my Froggy Trouby, Prints Charming, from his stasis in character slot#7.  SMILEY

Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 AM   #38
Rabid-Othmir

Loremaster

I'm giddy like a little school girl.
Rabid-Othmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:11 AM   #39
Norrsken

Loremaster

Oh my god. You managed to do it! Youmade a change that spawned only one [Removed for Content] remark in 3 pages. [Removed for Content]. SMILEY NEver thought I'd see the day. SMILEY (BTW, this is more directed to the population on the forums than the devs. SMILEY )

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #40
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Great news! Proof positive that whining really DOES work!! SMILEY

Now.....about this whole "guild chat" thing.....  SMILEY

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:51 AM   #41
Apinia
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Cutesy Cuddly Kitteh Club

Loremaster

I love you guys

SMILEY

Apinia Wildpaw | 66 Warden | 71 Woodworker | The Last Awakening | Permafrost

Apinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:54 AM   #42
Drussna

General

Whilst I'm really happy for this extra slot, can I make a suggestion that I think would make $OE a bit more money.

Why not give Station Players the extra 5 slots that the Station Access subscribers get? People who pay for this additional service obviously love the game and would make better use of the slots than the Station Access people. Personally I dont have Station Players, but I would definitely buy it if you had the extra slots. Whereas I have no interest in SOEs other games (I barely have enough time for EQ2). Apart from the people on welfare / workers comp and uni students, who would have enough time to play other online games as well as make use of 12 slots on one account? I'm certain you will have a lot of people signing up to your Station Players service if you transfer the additional slots there.

Thanks for the extra slot for regular subscribers though SMILEY

Old 05-08-2007, 05:06 AM   #43
Dragoneyes
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Severance

Loremaster

Great news tho bit confused

Station Access members also see their limit increase by an additional slot. 

So we now have 11 slots but then it says:-

• Station Access Subscription: 12 character slots
  • So do we have 11 or 12 lol

Either way im happy gives me a chance to make 3 or 4 more alts lol

Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 AM   #44
    Acali

Elder

Ixoa wrote:

Great news tho bit confused

Station Access members also see their limit increase by an additional slot. 

So we now have 11 slots but then it says:-

• Station Access Subscription: 12 character slots
  • So do we have 11 or 12 lol

Either way im happy gives me a chance to make 3 or 4 more alts lol

That confuzzled me for a few minutes too.  All accounts get 1 extra slot, whether you have Station Access or not.  For a regular account that makes seven, for a Station Access subscriber, 11 slots.  But, Station Access subscribers get an extra slot too!  Voila!  12 slots.

Acali is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 AM   #45
    Sacraed

Loremaster

I spent the day on the Test server checking out those new Arasai wings!  I'm gonna love Neriak!

I'm sooo glad I don't have to delete any toons to create an Arasai thanks to the slot increase.  I can keep my 9 crafters and have room to spare.SMILEY

Thank you!

Sacraed

Sacraed is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 AM   #46
    gm9

Loremaster

/cheer
    gm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #47
    BoriKitty

Loremaster

Yay!!!!!!   Now comes the dilemna.. use the last slot for my evil fae (or just move my Drow.. er.. Dark Elf) to the new city .. OR.. do you know if we are goign to get another race in the expansion?  Hell I'll wait for that too!
    Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 AM   #48
    JKenn

Tester

Hi there and thank you for the upcoming slots... However, eq2 is my first mmogame and i am not a 'gamer' or 'techie' at all... i just happened to fall in love with the chars and the interactive game content.  However, i only have the one account; although it is the expanded one because i wanted more characters than just the 5 that came with my game and all its many releases [ welll.... ok.. only threee, or is it 4 now?,  releases ] .  But, still, my single account only allowed me 5 characters ~ if i wanted more i had to also buy the "expansion" which i did { sigh } so that i could have 10 chars. My question is this... with my single-expanded account... when the new slots open up.. will i have 12 char slots? cuz i am wondering... if that is the case.. then i would be better to back up to the 5 char subscription so that i can have .... Wallahhhh... FOURTEEN?? How bad is MY math? lol just curious what i am looking forward to... and wondering... 0_o Either way i DOOOOoooo thank u for the new slots SMILEY
    Old 05-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #49
    Lunah

Loremaster

Sigh....I just deleted my 42 warden /35 alchemist the other day in preperation for my arasai. Was the only one I could delete as my others are 70, 70, 70, 70, 66. So now I find out I didnt have to delete her?? Is there any way I can get her back? SMILEY
    Lunah is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #50
    Wingrider01

Loremaster

JKenn wrote:
    Hi there and thank you for the upcoming slots... However, eq2 is my first mmogame and i am not a 'gamer' or 'techie' at all... i just happened to fall in love with the chars and the interactive game content.  However, i only have the one account; although it is the expanded one because i wanted more characters than just the 5 that came with my game and all its many releases [ welll.... ok.. only threee, or is it 4 now?,  releases ] .  But, still, my single account only allowed me 5 characters ~ if i wanted more i had to also buy the "expansion" which i did { sigh } so that i could have 10 chars. My question is this... with my single-expanded account... when the new slots open up.. will i have 12 char slots? cuz i am wondering... if that is the case.. then i would be better to back up to the 5 char subscription so that i can have .... Wallahhhh... FOURTEEN?? How bad is MY math? lol just curious what i am looking forward to... and wondering... 0_o Either way i DOOOOoooo thank u for the new slots SMILEY
    can someone please translate this?

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #51
    Arlen Wraithbane

Loremaster

BRELLS BLESSINGS UPON US!!!!!

*And Arlen did an amazing thing - he shared his ale* 

Alren Bouldersmite lvl 70 guardian LDL server

Guar dian of ale casks everywhere

Arlen Wraithbane is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #52
    BigJim142

General

Somebody please help me!!! I can't log on to my server DARATHAR I am being told it doesn't exist. what can I do to log onto the game??????? PLEASE HELP SEND ME AN EMAIL OR SOMETHING. Thanks bjsforever on darathar              My email is big [email protected]             THANKS
    BigJim142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #53
    DarkSkador

Loremaster

Thank guys, that will make up for the price increase SMILEY.
    DarkSkador is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #54
    Ama

General

I deffinately feel the right decision was made with this sense the price for station access was hiked up.  Giving station people 2 extra slots and regulars 1 deffinately makes it good.  Can't wait to try out my 2 extra character slots seeing what I should make. 

Probably break down and enter my darkness making an Arasai Brigand.  SMILEY

Old 05-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #55
    Brook
    Server: Everfrost
    Guild: Weary Warriors

Loremaster

Thanks for listening SOE!
    Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #56
    Bloodfa
    Server: Nagafen

General

Thank you.  My biggest gripe was the last increase in price with nothing to offset it; equilibrium has been restored to the universe with this addition, and with the inclusion of a new zone to run through and get ganked.  Thanks for listening, guys (and gals).  It really does make players feel good to know that our opinions count.  I appreciate it, and so, it seems, do the majority.

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #57
    Fatkiddown

Loremaster

Raveller wrote:
    What server are you on?  Crushbone almost never crashes,  at least not in the 7pm-1amEST timeframe I usually play.   It was down for a little bit this past weekend on Saturday night but that was the first time in forever that I can remember it going down.
    Fatkiddown is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #58
    Nightwarden

Loremaster

OMG! talk about timely..was just gonna delete my level 15, 55 jeweller coercer to try another character, whilst at the same time bemoaning the fact that there's no way in troll hell that I was paying $16 for 10 slots when i just wanted one or maybe two more.  In fact just logged on 2 mins ago to do so when i spotted that lubberly lubberly ...did you know thingy next to PLAY ..

Nice one guys!! 

Nightwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #59
    Finora

Tester

WHEE!!!! THANK YOU FOR THE EXTRA SLOTS!

JeremyinKansasCity wrote:

I'm really glad we're getting another character slot, but it would be great if we could get two. One for a good character and one for an evil character. That would give us 8 -- two for each starting city. I don't really understand why the Station Access users get more character slots. Please don't yell, I'm not suggesting they be taken away, but isn't the point of Station Access so you can play two or more games? If you're playing more than one game, I can't see playing more than a couple characters in each game. Not unless you're rich and don't have to go to work or you're an alien that doesn't need sleep. ; ) I agree with someone who suggested there be another option--one that gives people who only play EQII more character slots without having to shell out for Station Access. Of course, if Sony adds a comic book themed game, then I'll probably get Access anyway. And what's up with Vanguard? It seems weird to me that Sony has two separate fantasy MMO's. Are these worlds ever going to merge? That would be cool. The little fox guys in Vanguard are cute. ; )

LOL you fail to understand the person who really really has alt-itis. I have a 10 chars currently in eq2 (8 I actually play other 2 are now junk holders that were on the road to being deleted since arsai were coming). I have 2 characters I play on test server. I have 4 on Vanguard. I recently started tooling around in EQ1 again where I have ...many many many characters hehe. That is just SOE games. I also occassionally play that other game where I have 4 more characters.

Now they aren't all high level and decked out and raiding etc etc. But that isn't the fun part of the game for me any way.

To answer your later question, Vanguard is totally seperate from EQ2, was developed by an entirely different company. They will never be merged.  You are also incorrect about sony having 2 fantasy games they have at least 4 on Station Access.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #60
    Beldin_

Loremaster

Amana wrote:
    I deffinately feel the right decision was made with this sense the price for station access was hiked up.  Giving station people 2 extra slots and regulars 1 deffinately makes it good.  Can't wait to try out my 2 extra character slots seeing what I should make. 
    Hehe ... i just used the free transfer to get rid of Station Access and changed to 2 accounts, that are now still 14 slots for the same price, and the possibilities to mentor your chars for AAs are really much better SMILEY