EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #181
Lyh

Lord

Is there a way to get a checkbox (the one to set as an active quest inside the QuestOverview Window in UI)

for people who are in my party?

This functionality would be very nice SMILEY

Cheers,

Lyhungarin

Lyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #182
JadePaladin

Loremaster

Here are a couple things that bug me about the quest journal and I would love to see addressed

1.  Instead of having separate tabs for current quests and completed, have a drop down list to show All Quests, Completed, and Shared rather than having to move through separate tabs and then refinding the zone that you're currently working in.

2. In regards to item 1, if the journal is set to show All then it would be very nice to see the quest line progression in some form and some sort option to group them together.  I hate having to use Allakazam or the Wiki to look up the prior quest progression.  Too many times someone will not be on the same step and you have to figure out exactly where they are.  My thoughts are something like this:

Starting quest                           Completed on: 1/1/2009

-Second Quest                     Completed on: 2/1/2009

-Third Quest, etc.            Not Completed

Other than that, I think the quest journal is really very well designed.

JadePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #183
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

not sure if devs would get this far in many pages.

others mentioned Darkened Shard that always appeared after any quests were completed, but mine always get epic DoF's Twin dragons/Poet palance.

really want to "lock up" and keep them closed until player decide to open. it is irratating to see default quest, these old raids were never able to get done, even you had spend hours or even several weeks "looking for" any interested players to wrap up old epic quests.

my beef is with book collections, both unfinished and completed, list are huge, would be nice to have them split to subtab for book and rest for expansion collections.

i agreed with completed quests, they need a little more informations, not just full write ups, just a brief so players can remember and assist new players, or rerolleds.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #184
Kinvore

Loremaster

One thing I missed about the old helper, using my custom UI (Fetish Nightfal) it had a drop down menu that listed the last few quests that were updated.  So let's say you're in the middle of a fight and get the ding that you've just updated a quest, but you're too busy at the time to notice.  Instead of wondering afterward which quest got updated this feature took the guesswork out of it.

It's a minor thing but comes in handy now and then.  Be nice if we could have it back.

Kinvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #185
Jrel
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Blackstar Rising

Loremaster

In the Storylines tab, can we get a darker version of Grey for the Grey quests? They're not the same Grey color as in the Quests tab (which is Dark Grey).

Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #186
gardee

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

ProfitUI currently uses the same vertical layout that was shown at Fan Faire. Which I think was the inspiration for it. So if you can't wait, it's already available as a 3rd party solution.

As for more than 75 quests in your journal, it's a technical limitation, because quests apparently take up a huge amount of storage per character.

Profit  journal  is fantastic  its ONLY the Querst  helper i would like to se    worked on  VASTLY INPROVED     have the   icon    of what   we need to  get  show AGAIN LIKE WE USED TO     you went Backwards  in TAKING THAT OFF THE    quest  helper. I  cant see for thr life of  me why on  earh  ya thought that wasa improvemrnt  in  makign the queat  helper harder to see read       removing the    picture of things  we  need  was INSANE   ifya    really thought that was a help . Just goes to show we really  donty have   much  chance  on getting things"IMPROVED " if that  was a  improvment   

gardee is offline   Reply With Quote