EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #271
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

My guild just Perah'Celsis and he is a much easier fight then the when Vrewwx. i would even say that Ice Maiden D'lna is every bit as hard to get down as Haraakat the Seer.... the point is that as it has bin said before these mobs dont drop loot near equal to that of other mobs of equal difficulty. the only thing that is near worth the loot it the BP from the quest, since it is as good or better then the T1 BP and a raid can get a lot of them at 1 time.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #272
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Silzin wrote:

My guild just Perah'Celsis and he is a much easier fight then the when Vrewwx. i would even say that Ice Maiden D'lna is every bit as hard to get down as Haraakat the Seer.... the point is that as it has bin said before these mobs dont drop loot near equal to that of other mobs of equal difficulty. the only thing that is near worth the loot it the BP from the quest, since it is as good or better then the T1 BP and a raid can get a lot of them at 1 time.

Wouldn't you say IK rewards and quests would be better suited if the zone was a x2 and the encounters tuned as such but retained the current loot tables?

In that it would be like WoE in bridging heroic and epic content more effectively?

I think if as a x2 it could be cleared and quests completed in ~90-120mins, it would be a far better zone and players would enjoy it more.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #273
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

Wouldn't you say IK rewards and quests would be better suited if the zone was a x2 and the encounters tuned as such but retained the current loot tables?

In that it would be like WoE in bridging heroic and epic content more effectively?

I think if as a x2 it could be cleared and quests completed in ~90-120mins, it would be a far better zone and players would enjoy it more.

I dont think that changing it to a X2 would fix the problems with the zone.  I went into IK this weekend with a raid pushing around 200k dps and it took us about 4 hours to get to the queen and get here doen.  we know all of the fights, there is just so much stuff in the zone to work throw it takes for ever. 

I think if ALL of the quests could be done in 1 run throw the zone, with some repeatables it would help.  also all of the need to repetedly go back to the zone in to get the next quest was removed it would help also. 

Since the zone was released there have bin steps made to make the zone more usable but i done thing they are enuff.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #274
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

Indeed i killex  vrmeeexx 3 times and I still need to finish the smelly bag quest. I got the quest  during our first clearing. Token shoudl be usable to buy armor as soo as you killed the mob that droo the mold.

If the chest quest was not existing nobody would run icy.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #275
Megavolt
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Mithril

Loremaster

Honestly since the gear itself reflects what I would think level 87 fabled stats should be, retooling the zone down to 87 and making the gear wearable by 87's would probably balance it out. I really feel this coulda been this expansion's protector's realm, alllowing players who aren't maxxed level and aa's to join those who were to help out the lower and get the occassional master for themselves. Cutting the amount of trash by 1/3rd would probably help if the quest drops were alllowed to be a couple off of each kill.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #276
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Honestly since the gear itself reflects what I would think level 87 fabled stats should be, retooling the zone down to 87 and making the gear wearable by 87's would probably balance it out. I really feel this coulda been this expansion's protector's realm, alllowing players who aren't maxxed level and aa's to join those who were to help out the lower and get the occassional master for themselves.

I'm not sure that concept is terribly relevant in todays game given leveling speed.

Wasn't there supposed to be a general expansion-wide revamp of raid loot in the last GU?  Did that just not happen?

Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #277
Titigabe

Loremaster

Isn't it a perfect zone to be tuned down to a X2, in order to give Casual Players a nice way to get introduced in T9 raiding, remembering the fun memories we had in WoE with a smooth progressive instance?

The equipment would help everybody to get ready for SF X4 raids, and even to get ready for Velious!

Titigabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #278
Yimway

Loremaster

Titigabe wrote:

Isn't it a perfect zone to be tuned down to a X2, in order to give Casual Players a nice way to get introduced in T9 raiding, remembering the fun memories we had in WoE with a smooth progressive instance?

The equipment would help everybody to get ready for SF X4 raids, and even to get ready for Velious!

Yes, this zone with the same loot with the mobs and trash tuned down to a x2 to complete in ~2-3 hours would be a far more successful effort.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #279
Horgana
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Defenders of Norrath

Loremaster

Titigabe wrote:

That's actually quite a good idea.

Horgana is offline   Reply With Quote