EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #151
Qandor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

PLEASE go back to the GU's being once a month!

Amen.

Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #152
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Qandor wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

PLEASE go back to the GU's being once a month!

Amen.

No. GUs every 3 months = large amounts on content each time that can hopefully spend at least 3 weeks on test before going live. Monthly GUs = smaller bites of content (with some GUs being more like a bundled together pile of hotfixes) that gets maybe 1 week on test. /thumbsdown to monthly GUs.

They could improve their hotfixes a little bit, so that bug fixes don't get dumped in with the GU unless they absolutely have to be and instead can go out in the weekly hotfix.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #153
Aera

Loremaster

I LOVE having GUs quarterly now instead of monthly.  I don't feel rushed to experience the new content anymore.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #154
ajevia

Loremaster

Recently went into Emperor's Athenaeum with a group of guildee's for the first time. Have to say I quite enjoyed to content and choreogrpahed fights, especially Drago. We however ran into a snag with the final set of 4 bosses...not sure what the issue was, but 4 of us had Client Server crashes on 3 of the pulls. The first 2 three of us were booted and the third 4 of were kicked. Just wondered if we encoutered some weird bug with the zone?

I sent in a petition and was told it was connectivity issues most likely.

I do have a hard time believing it was connectivity though as one we were from different areas....our locations were IL, CA and TX ...... I play with these people all the time and never experienced anything like this. We did however question the new configuration on the last mob which enables a chanter to mezz the last mob of four versus clicking the statues. We were usinga combo of both, is it possible this throw a wrench in the works so to speakby doing so? It was while using this tactic that it happened and at no other timein the zone did we experience this.

Upon asking this, the responding GM suggested posting here to perhaps test this theory.

Thank you,

Aj

ajevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #155
Sakuraseven

Loremaster

I love this patch except.... Sarnaks lost Fire Breath trait which was my favorite trait, reason I was a Sarnak... was one of my only two AoEs. If we can't get our firebreath back give us an option to change race, cause I have lost my reason to be a Sarnak.

Sakuraseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #156
Anklesteiner

Loremaster

Fix the threat meter and put it back to the way it previously was.

Thanks.

Anklesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #157
darquies

Philosopher

AA slider

Please allow it to go to 100%. 

AA is essential for pvp'rs on pvp servers.  those who are looking to pick a fight are allready dang near maxxed AA and they're level locked.  the peeps who like PvP, but don't wanna go hunting noobs to get said pvp, will not do the 50%.  since AA is 1.5 per level.  the AA will not be able to keep up with your level.  and those who prefer to run straight to 80 are not gonna bother with this either, why [Removed for Content] myself with half exp when i can get to 80 and get 100% AA conversion anyhow.

I understand the game's called EverQuest but seriously, I Grow tired of doing the same Bloody Quests over and over again for that AA.  Make the conversion to 100% so we have a choise on how to get our AA.  Please

Looking at the update notes i don't see anywhere in there where it says that this was only gonna be at 50%.  That is something that SHOULD had been in the update notes.  If i would had known that i would not had resubbed.  I like EQ2 especially the pvp limit levels in certain areas, i felt that it was one of EQ2's saving graces, heck you outdid Wow with that.  but the whole AA earning way. . .

Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #158
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Might want to post these here instead

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=459192

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #159
Lortet

Loremaster

Looking forward to all the self mentored characters finishing the low level dungeons - nothing like a few 30/80's wiping ROV over and over while you are trying to adventiure with a "straight 30"!

The raised chance of certain mobs appearing is not always good. Qeynos lvl 15 - 19 writs were already rediculous compared to freeport 15 - 19's. While freeport has you out after 12 young vulriches Qeynos is after 12 scorched skellies in Stormhold - now having to get past an almost always up scion in the chessboard room!

Racial traits - went from a few races having big class advantages with the rest boring to a few having big class disadvantages and the rest very boring - not sure that was the intention.

Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #160
backtostart

Loremaster

i know you want good feed back but does it realy matter if we give constructive "bad" feedback? will you listen?

i like the chrono mage quests, although i do not see a point in it yet i can live with it. If the only reason for the quests is to have a reason to mentor your self down then it is the lamest thing you have ever done in this game, at least it makes the top 10 list.

Mentoring down to a previous lvl is a bad idea, you acualy trying to [Removed for Content] this game faster then it already is being gimped. the whole idea to leveling is to work for it and have some kind of accomplishment at the end. Makeing it so you can go and do stuff you missed because it took you 3 days to get to lvl 80 is not a good reason to introduce that feature. Besides being able to set your own dungeons now you can farm lower lvl zones for profit. If you want to make transmuting easier that isnt the way to do it. Besides being able to lower your lvl to 30 when your lvl 80 and go and clear the zones without a problem isnt realy the same as originaly doing the zone the first time when there was a challenge.

EQ2 jumped the shark the day you decided the game started at lvl 80 and the rest of the lvls do not matter. Thats a sign of a broken game and each update makes the game worse. No challenge, no reason to think you are acualy becomeing a better player, hell you hardely have to think anymore till lvl 80. then it is to late and you have a mass of poor players in good equipment that do not understand how to realy play the game.

My suggestion for the next update is to just start everyone at lvl 80 give them T2 armor and their mythical weapon, that way you wont have to have more broken game updates, just finish the game off make it stupid easy with no chanllenge and we can all move on to another dumb but new game.

If you want to fix the game you will need 2 expansions a year, 1 that is for all lvls from 1 to 80+ and onther for the top 10 lvls in the game at that time, and please get rid of the dumb stuff like spell aprentices and mentoring yourself and the 1000 ways of getting extra exp. Maybe bring back experiance loss. If you did that but you revieved with you items that is a good thing. If you have to add something like a self mentor just think why you have to add that then fix that problem , dont make a bad addition to the game to fix a problem in the game.

Maybe you can explain why a group of 24 people to kill a mob is necasary when you can scale the difficulty to say a group of 8. The same difficulty is there but no need to orginize 24 people. Just makes for a smoother game in my opinion and gives the option for bigger groups depending on your average group lvl. Can still solo or have a group of 8 to 10 people do a dungeon.

I want to add that i do think the achivment catagory you added this update is nice. I at first thought it was just going to be another way for argant people to judge others on how good they are but thats not the case. thank you for that.

backtostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #161
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The raised chance of certain mobs appearing is not always good. Qeynos lvl 15 - 19 writs were already rediculous compared to freeport 15 - 19's. While freeport has you out after 12 young vulriches Qeynos is after 12 scorched skellies in Stormhold - now having to get past an almost always up scion in the chessboard room!

Thats a very real issue, and one they need to fix because stormhold, crypt of betrayal etc are entirely off limits zones for in level characters while those mobs are up... and guess where your armour quests send you on solo quests?

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #162
Lord Hackenslash

Loremaster

shaunfletcher wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Thats a very real issue, and one they need to fix because stormhold, crypt of betrayal etc are entirely off limits zones for in level characters while those mobs are up... and guess where your armour quests send you on solo quests?

You can go through the hallway to the right just as you enter the chessboard room and avoid the scion entirely to get here.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #163
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You can go through the hallway to the right just as you enter the chessboard room and avoid the scion entirely to get here.

You can once you know the trick of it to get to the zombies, but discovering the chessboard (another solo quest) is impossible while he is up isnt it? or maybe Im missing something

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:06 AM   #164
Lortet

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

As the scion aggros as soon as you step into the chessboard room I 've always turned and run - it chases you up the stairs and half way along the hall to the door - does it de-aggro if you take the side passage?

Also - even if it does leave you alone, yes you have the zombies to deal with - at 15^^^ or whatever they are still a big ask for a lot of solo lvl 15 - 19's. Compare that to the above mentioned young vulriches in the commonlands where you have to get past "no-arrow" lvl 11 carrion hounds!

Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #165
Yotain

Loremaster

I could not find a Feed back thread on Rise of Kunark alone so I figure I would post it here, sorry.

I am aware that it have been over two years since Kunarks release and a year since Monument of and Might but I felt that maybe....just maybe SOE would seek to add an area of Kunark that is missing.  I should of known prehaps it was asking too much but now I believe it is time to speak up about it and just maybe a Dev will see this and so "Oh $#!^!!".As you can see in the title of the post this is about kunark but that question you may be asking is what is the point well let me help you with a couple visual examples.Old Kunark in EQ1:Current Kunark in EQ2:Though these are the best maps I could find it still servers a purpose.  If you look at the maps closely what do you see missing. Yes Warsilk Wood is missing.  Why? You ask.  Good Question and I wish that there was an answer to it.  Clearly there is room to add it for if you have ever explored Jarasth Wastes in the Northern section of the zone and in Fens of Nathser north west of the Mines of Nurga. That area is missing in game and content. Frankly that is a LARGE area of Kunark that should be thereIf those that played EQ1 would remember the Giant fort, or Crypt of Dalnir, the two large statues of iksar residing with their claws out in a stop gesture as a warning to all other race that travels within Kunark was dangerous.  Either way is it missing, such a zone being negleted is a shame.  I hope that the dev find the time and add this a game update putting back the missing piece of a puzzle that has left Kunark unfinished.   Really what would most people do if the had a puzzle which are missing piece, probably throw it away.  As least in the incase that can simple make the piece to fit as it should have been placed in the first place.   Dev I am asking simply to put the puzzle piece back.   Being that Kunark is name according to the iksar tribes of old perhaps give in the name around the Obulus tribe....may Lost wood of Obulus or something alone that line.  Obviously such is your choice but still the part of kunark can not be denied it is missing, please bring it back.

Yotain is offline   Reply With Quote