EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #121
Lantis

Loremaster

Malachani wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

It's called "being proactive".  And it is a quality that as an officer in a raiding guild I appreciate.

You can STILL be proactive without making your guild wait for you. Now I don't know how your guild does it, but I know MY guild doesn't go straight from killing the "trap mobs" (thats what we call em lol) to the Anashti script, so quit using Anashti as an example. Also, if your guild is good enough to be killing Anashti, then they should be smart enough to help you get your power back in under 30 seconds. This is possible, my guild has a conjy and I've seen her do it. But then again, she's also smart enough to throw out shards when it makes sense, not "Delaying a pull at the last minute" so she can.

But you are missing the whole point there: the point is that, right now, using scanning, it allows shards to be taken care of totally transparently, without anyone else noticing it, or having to wait for you.  This is a case where they are fixing an issue but creating a different one, so the final result is - aren't we back to where we started anyway?

Sure, what you describe will work.  But I don't see it as an improvement over the current method, it's just a workaround for a NEW issue they are creating, and could be taken care of in a more intelligent way IMHO.

I just used the Anashti example as a case where A) you cannot start the fight without your power back up so you can't just tell them "don't wait and pull anyway", and B) people might actually need shards during the fight.  My original point remains around the fact that all this could be solved by not replacing shards if the target still has his three charges.

Lantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #122
Malacha

General

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

But you are missing the whole point there: the point is that, right now, using scanning, it allows shards to be taken care of totally transparently, without anyone else noticing it, or having to wait for you.  This is a case where they are fixing an issue but creating a different one, so the final result is - aren't we back to where we started anyway?

Sure, what you describe will work.  But I don't see it as an improvement over the current method, it's just a workaround for a NEW issue they are creating, and could be taken care of in a more intelligent way IMHO.

I just used the Anashti example as a case where A) you cannot start the fight without your power back up so you can't just tell them "don't wait and pull anyway", and B) people might actually need shards during the fight.  My original point remains around the fact that all this could be solved by not replacing shards if the target still has his three charges.

How is this creating an issue?! SERIOUSLY? You are making it an issue because you chose to do an impractical method for distributing shards. Just be wise about when you cast shards (like choosing to do it prior to the ring event/trap before Anashti instead of just before the Anashti pull... its not like the shards are going to rot) and you will see that this "issue" you have with the change is really nothing.

Maewyn | Maelya | Alania | Maehymn | Maelani (Account Canceled)
Malacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #123
Solarax

Loremaster

you know after thinking about it for a good long while i have come up with some ideas that most wont like at first but in the end it may grow on some of you . it deos suck that if oyu put out effort/ money to get master upgrades etc but what i was thinking is this.

both spells single and raid .

non scaleable for us.

the shard item itself would scale to the level of the user.

so you say what about diferent levels of effectiveness.

the answer that in 5 years they will go with anyways.. more AA or more specifically a line that has better cast times, higher efficency, longer range ,ultimately better shards that the recipient gets  that make us usefull again and maybe make use wanted a little more especially in raids.

i would spend 24 aa and forgo some other aa possibly if it meant i had some power regen lovin for a group/raid to make them want to pick me instead of saying . sorry we have to have a illy/bard for last spot .

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #124
Krooner

Loremaster

Just spit-balling here but how about adding something to the heart - shard token to go along with all the other changes to the summoner class.

How about changing the heart shard into a temportary token with like a 15 minute timer once activated.

Both would increase the power regen rate a useful amount for those 15 min as well as add a renewable ward.

So for necro it would be regen + Nox ward.

Conji regen + Magic ward.

At the end of the 15 min the item dissapears and can be replaced.

This would give the class some more utility and better regen. 

Krooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #125
Draag

General

Who cares about this NON-PROBLEM??  Fix Summoners.

I have never read a post where a necro was like, "You know what is wrong with necros?  Too many heart spells."

Don't waste another second on this problem... fix the REAL ISSUES with summoners.. dont know what the "real issues" are?  Just read the forum.

Draag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #126
EQPrime

Loremaster

Nice job necroing a post from 11 months ago.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #127
Laiina

Loremaster

I see a couple of issues here, for example:

The shards apparently don't scale with users level, making them of very limited use at 80 or even 70+.

Having two DIFFERENT shards/hearts gave the option at least of doubling that limited return - to the point where if I have both, sometimes I can actually cast 3 spells.

I am all for simplifying things, such as combining the two, but let's make sure that the other issues are addressed also - especially the fact that at 90 they simply are not very useful right now.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #128
Draag

General

[email protected] wrote:

OH... it was on the front page.. I forget that these forums are pretty inactive.

but in any case.. [Removed for Content] 11 months ago?  Why didn't anything ever happen?

Draag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #129
Obadiah

Loremaster

Draagun wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

OH... it was on the front page.. I forget that these forums are pretty inactive.

but in any case.. [Removed for Content] 11 months ago?  Why didn't anything ever happen?

It did; they were combined.