EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Kham

I am wondering if it was intended to cut down plate tanks Uncontested block by a substantial amount. I realize there was a mechanic change that doubled the value we needed from 95 to 100 to maintain the same, but was it also intended to drop a tanks uncontested block by 15 % going from the Zlandicar shield, to the fabled shields available on the merchants in beta currently. Thats drastic. 15 % uncontested avoidance, along with needing higher mitigation which is only obtainable by downgrading my 2 gem maw armor making reforging more difficult to obtain base stat caps, is a huge cut. Shouldn't these fabled shields have more in the lines of 4100 protection? 34 block chance on the str8 block ones?

I would also like to point out how utterly useless you have made the zlandicar plate tank shield in comparison to the quested item for every other arch type. those weapons will be good deep into the content for every class excpet plate tanks, which has just been pooped on already due to the mechanic change.
Kham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
Meshuggahx

Zlandicar shield was never best in slot even on live. Drinal shield from CoE was still better.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote