EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
Kalika

Did the sig line almost when beta came out (got stuck 2-3 days on boat due to 1 million heroic hitter adds on Bipsie, and then 2-3 days in temple of doom -- it broke again since --

I remember :
Killed captain as 95.
Completed Highkeep around 97-98
Finished time line as 99.

This was with the beta xp bonus.

As example you now get a necklace that allow you to travel faster but you cannot equip before long ....

Since i had potent + gear (and anyway quest rewards were not there) i did not need the rewards.

But for someone in bad gear those rewards will be welcome, and if you do a quest you should always be able to use the reward.
So push 96 to 95 and level 100 to 98.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Ansom

All new gear need to be at least 96. Just for transmuting Wink
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Arieste

So you'd rather have a 95 piece of gear which you need to replace as soon as you hit 96 (because it needs to be 96 to take the new adornments) rather than having a 96 piece of gear that you need to wait a bit to use but that stays useful for a much longer time?

Seems very shortsighted. It doesn't take very long at all to get that first level - like 20ish quests. So you'll be able to get all that gear put on and adorned just in time for the first instance, which is really the first place you'd need it anyway.

And yes, good for transmuting purposes also.
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Kalika

I still disagree, the quested reward (especially in the tranquil sea area) is intended for people with no good equipment. I actually completed the signature, before they nerfed it, without using any of the quested gear (indeed it was not yet granted) but this gear is not better than potent 3/3 or 4/3 except for notably higher mitigation and resists. In any case you will run heroics with the second set of gear or with MC items or ASsolo rewards.

In any case the first rewards should be usable by new comers ...

I agree that there were other possibilities, like making 95-96 very fast but even with the beta bonus
we were all still 95 when doing brokenskull bay.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #5
Ansom

uhm, what? o_O

If you have better gear.. You can ignore all new gear, mute all for make new adorn (we can use the old adorn only in few slot). I will personally make the 100 in ss or.. in other place, before the timeline, for start grp and use the new prestige.

If you don't have the equip, and the timeline gear make a upgrade on the current gear.. Is much better hit the 96 before start the timeline, and use a full hc set, liv96..

All new adorn can be equipped on 96liv gear.. Because soe don't wanna see people use the rune system (and the white adorn, have x2 stats) on old equip. So... ALL new equip need to be at least 96.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote