EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
wazul

seems not work. last raid in beta i can only gain 1 increment. the number raiders not count
wazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
Enigma

I would also like to add that mercs/pets should up the chance as well since they were procing the effect before this change!
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #3
Daray

Hopefully this also fixes the ~50m range limit on those eligible to proc it for you. This was/is an issue when you needed to split your raid up.
Daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #4
Xelgad

Developer

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. The change only adjusted the trigger mechanics, not the buff itself (they're two different spells.)

While they no longer take pets/mercs into account, they now don't care about range either. So splitting the raid won't matter.
Xelgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
Enigma

Would it be possible to just up the proc chance to compensate for not having the pets/mercs help proc the effect?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #6
Minxs

Just finished raiding, and the trigger proc per minute is not modified at the moment.

Solo, it's 0,4 per minute (something like 0,5 for bards) but in raid with 2 / 5 or 10 people using the exact same item, we should see the trigger chance reach 0,8 / 2 or 4 triggers per min, no?

Atm, the trigger proc chance is stuck to the base value.
Minxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #7
Xelgad

Developer

It won't show on the spell. It's handled behind the scenes.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:05 AM   #8
Celrath

After raiding on beta tonight, I can tell you I never was able to get more than 4 triggers of any effect on nice long fights. Only one of my items would trigger and I run both the Casalen's Stud of Power and Rarthek's Scale Bracelet. The incremental effects were just not working as they do on live.
Celrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #9
Gnomad_Madgon

Full raid tonight, three hours in duration with Gninja. Rarely did I get more then one increment on my two uplifting procs. 95% of the time the Uplifting effect would run its course of 20.1 seconds and terminate before the item would proc again. I think I may have reached 3 or 4 increments tops through the course of the night.
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
wazul

same. i am wiz. yesterday, full roster. raid with gninja. caped reuse etc. i have 3 items (cb/pot, cb, spell auto) impacted.
max increm : 4. after long long fight. so 16cb for an item can in theory gain 88cb : The incremental effects not working as intented. (if plan is only to change trigger mecanic for lag.)
wazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
Xelgad

Developer

We're adding pets back into the calculations.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #12
Mogrim

Because healers have far less trigger conditions and opportunities, they used to be carried by other raiders proc-ing the uplifting for them. Is it possible to add "on heal cast" as a trigger condition?
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:46 AM   #13
Errrorr

I had to take all my uplifting proc items off from raid today due to them never reaching above two increments ever.

This was with Pot/cb ear, pot ear, cb wrist, wdb ring and flurry ring.

Would it not be far easier to say that for every 3s you are in combat you gain 1 increment. This would max them out after a minute, which is probably roughly what it took pre change on single target fights. A counter every 3s must be far less lag creating than checking every combat hit etc.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #14
Xelgad

Developer

Along with the change above, we did fix a minor bug that may have been causing them to increment slower than intend.

Please wait until tomorrow evening's beta patch to test them again.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #15
Mogrim

One downside, fyi: You can only proc things 1 at a time. That means that as a result, "good luck" proc'ing an item will probably still result in much lower "ramping up" than otherwise.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #16
Xelgad

Developer

Multiple items can all proc on the same hit.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #17
Mogrim

Sorry, I worded that poorly.
To clarify. You can only generate 1 increment per item per "successful proc". While the chance is much more likely to be yes, there are zero conditions where you can generate extra increments. In a full raid setting, you would often see a random uplifting proc spike to 9-12 increments in a matter of 2-3 seconds. That'll be impossible in the new setting.

I'm not sure that's important. I just thought it was worth pointing out. In theory, it would appear to have the same "bad luck" possibility (no triggers, therefore no increments gained) but a much more tightly capped "good luck" possibility (no matter how good the roll, a yes roll still only = 1 increment gained)

In addition: Because healers often relied on others to generate the triggers for them (on all out heal fights, etc) I still think we should add "on heal cast" as a condition that can trigger increments. Otherwise, you will see a significant loss of these stats on healers during the very fights where them having the extra cb/pot is most important.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #18
Iseous

Or what if every x seconds, each raid member has a chance to give you an increment (no attacks/heals necessary)? That way it is possible to get multiple increments at a time, it depends on how many people in raid, and everyone would have the same chance of gaining them.
Iseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #19
Gnomad_Madgon

Beta Update = Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Uplifting Effects seem to be on par with the old mechanics now. Thanks for the speedy fix!
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #20
Minxs

Would it be possible to have a check at the "uplifting stamina" proc plz?

It was already not a really usefull item, but now, with a 0,4 base trigger chance, its worse.
Items with "Uplifting stamina" do not fit with the current raid roster. You only have 2 or 3 tanks in a raid setup (who are the main target of these items).
You should probably adjust the base trigger chance x4 or 5, to make it in line with the others uplifting.
Minxs is offline   Reply With Quote