EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2014, 03:05 AM   #1
Wolfsbaine

I was looking at the hand crafted gear the beta buffer was handing out. I swapped out all of the old gear my warden had outside of a few pieces of raid gear, and a select piece of heroic. Right now I am sitting at almost no dps mod at all. 90 DPS, 84 MA, and very little AE, or flurry. Is there going to be no melee stats added to gear? I think my SK who is only in said gear is at about the same in stats. i suppose I can just run instances to get the boosted stats i want and need, but I noticed those toons take a bit longer to kill things.
Wolfsbaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Wolfsbaine

I don't want people to think I am complaining about the gear much. I know specs will change from time to time. Just saw there were really no melee stats on gear or jewelry.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #3
GIndotto

As the gear you mentioned is Handcrafted, it's not meant to be gear you can craft and be good for the whole expansion. If you look back at other 10th level Handcrafted sets they're really just leg-ups if you happen to be horribly geared going into that tier (like if you've been gone since TSO and buy AoM, your friend makes you a quick set of 100 handcrafted to catch you up enough to do questing!).

I wouldn't worry to much about it until we see some real bread and butter pieces (like with Purple adorns, Potent armor, and Heroic jewelry in ToV Beta). It sounds like the gear you have on now is good for breaking into AoM though! Smile
GIndotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:32 AM   #4
Wolfsbaine

It is alright. I dont expect to test with fabled or mythical gear. I would only expect that for a zone that might require higher quality gear just to survive. Just seen some gear that Really didn't have the stats for the classes that wear them. Scout weapons with Block, Scout and Tank armor that didn't have any stats related to the class. Just abilty cast, reuse, and ability mod. Outside of extra health.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Achirin

I can't really confirm but I'm guessing what Oxley sells is class specific. So as a healer you probably can only buy the healer leather stuff rather than the brawler leather. My defiler had the same issue all the chain appears to be focused on healing, I think scouts would be rather pissed if that's all that was out there.

My Bruiser can't see any gear on him since I'm not 100. So I can't confirm melee leather gear is available on him.
Achirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
Anghammarad

After a quick "glimpse" over all the MC armor recipies, I haven't recognized any DPS mod on them.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
Mermut

Since ToV there is no healer/scout/fighter/mage armor.. it's only separated by material type.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:01 AM   #8
Achirin

Well yes, it's usable by all the classes that can wear that type. However realistically the gear is still aimed at specific classes. A shaman isn't really going to want gear with auto attack enhancing stuff for healing. A scout isn't going to want spell re-use or casting speed on their armor. It's not restricted but it's still aimed at the classes main goal was what I meant. You had a set of gear aimed at scouts and one aimed at shamans. A set of gear aimed at druids and one aimed at brawlers.

However I can confirm my Bruiser is getting gear with Ability Re-use, and Ability Modifier on it. Really? I'm supposed to lose 58 DPS, 10.4 AE autoattack and WDB for potency, reuse speed and amod? No thanks. I'll hang on to my ToV stuff.
Achirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
Wolfsbaine

That is exactly what I was going for with my post. I have swapped out most of my jewelry on my dirge. I am not sure I want to even mess with the level 100 MC gear. I plan to start the Sig quest line on her today. Hopefully she will get some much needed love. I don't like the Lore-Equip thats on the gear. The wrists are Caster oriented while the other stuff has one of each. The charms are kinda different. I think one has melee stats and the other is block chance.
Some of the stats the belts and cloaks have are a bit strange to me as well. I also feel the mitigation increase with mages vs the other classes is a bit strong. I mean the mitigation on MC gear is double the mitigation on Energized 1/1 gear. Then you look at leather, chain and then plate and the differences are a bit underwhelming.