EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Paddyo

As someone who crafts, and works hard each update to get all 9 tradeskills max level, I appreciate that mastercrafted gear this go round looks to be viable. However, at issue is how viable it will be when people can actually use it at level 100. By the time many people reach 100, they will have hopefully accomplished enough content to have attained some heroic pieces and therein lies the question: will people realistically want any of the armor pieces (chain/plate/leather) at the high rare cost, by the time they reach 100? Certainly at 98 I think it would be a much sought after gearing up point. It's difficult in such a short Beta time frame (and given buffers and such) to fully test subtle aspects of itemization like this. Another possible edge that might keep it viable at 100 would be to give a slight boost to experimentation...maybe 15% for the first bump on a stat. Or the ability to boost blue stats. Either way, or neither way, kudos on the thought put behind gear this go round ( and for bringing back my secret crush, Ms. Taylor, to work on tradeskills for the expansion... she leaves her mark everytime.)
Paddyo is offline   Reply With Quote