EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2014, 05:07 AM   #1
Silzin

After reviewing the Tank Equipment on Beta… this is a few thoughts.

1. Club of Wind Blows, Mace of the Protector, Soulforged Mace, and The Bladeblocker (Brawler 1h weapon) has a delay of 2.0 … is this going to be the New brawler weapon delay or can me get them changed to either 4.0 or maybe move up to 6.0?

2. The Defensive Brawler weapons should probably use the Block Chance Ability in graduating amounts on most of the weapons, and not count it towards to stats of the weapon. This would let you (the Devs) control the amount of Block we are getting since it will not stack, and we will have the flexibility to use the weapons that have the other stats that we want.

3. Thank you for making a brawler useable 6.0, 4.0, and 2.0 2h brawler weapon, can we see a 8.0 or 9.0?

4. There are 2 sets of CB/Pot/other stat gear, since they are probably going to be dropping one at a time it would be better to only have 1 set of each type of armor set. If they are all going to be crated then it does not matter.

5. Can we get the Max HP/CB/Mit/Block/other combined into the Max HP/CB/Pot /other sets. This would give all of the tanks more Pot to help with the little CA dmg we get, and the Taunt amounts, so we can hold agro better. This would also give the other classes that need to use the Max HP gear at times more Mit to help survive. PS… TY for making a set of Defensive Armor that has the Mit/Block swapped so tanks can choose.

6. Lastly Jewelry Procs…. This is not about the Defensive Procs though. There is a set of Procs on some of the gear that I can only assume is from HM or Avatar drops. These items have Procs that give between 40% and 175%+ CB or Pot with one item. If this is going to be a new way of itemization of DPS gear for all levels of grouping and raiding then COOL. But if you plan on using these items of just the Avatars or what ever, so only the top 1 or 2 Guilds on a server can get the gear to DPS their way into the Hardest of Content…. Please to not use an artificial Gating Mechanic like Avatar Loot to gate most guilds out of the harder content. Make it coordination and skill not Massive DPS gear from Avatars.
Silzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
Serik

After going through the items on the raid beta merchant, I didn't see one weapon worth upgrading into for a brawler. The only defensive stats available are a small amount of block chance on the 2 second delay weapons and a good amount of mitigation increase on a 2-hander (I did not see a brawler usable one of these that was raid dropped). I understand that the idea is to move away from avoidance towards more hp and mitigation, however if that's the case I don't see any fighters really upgrading from the Zlandicar 1h, Zlandicar heart raid offhand, or the crafted ranged from Cruor. At the moment it looks like in order to be defensive (at least without a shield) tanks get to run around with 2 handers stacked with the 2H blocking adornments. I don't know if that will be a viable option for some people given current itemization on fighter weapons. I think this could extend to the other fighters as well since our weapons are similar stat distributions.

I didn't see any shields on the raid merchant making me think that the gear shown is not a complete list or there are alternate ways to get clear upgrades to our current gear.

Also, 2 second weapons are not attractive options at all for any fighter. Everything should be at least a 4 second delay.

The tank jewelry is more of the same, however I would like to see at least some of the DPS/utility items with tank stat distributions, like the Vulak ear that procs Practiced Swings. I like some of the new procs on the jewelry like Building Confidence/Furor, Pact of Constitution, and Power of Malice since it helps make up for some lost potency on left side gear.

I did not see an upgrade to the Dreadthorn proc. I thought this was a pretty cool effect and I'd like to see some more effects like this in the future.
Serik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Silzin

It would be nice to see more options in Brawler Weapons, like a Mit 2h weapon. Also i agree that the Weapons should be upgrades of the curent Tank weapons.
Silzin is offline   Reply With Quote