View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #19
Ranja

Loremaster

Effidian wrote:

Regarding WIS v.s. STR, I copied my reply from another thread, so it wouldn't get lost.  The following is why STR is more DPS than WIS.  Really if you need the deaggro (and you are already running bliss), then you should just back off a bit.  That way when the tank you are with *can* hold it, you are set for maximum DPS potential.

---

1% melee crit is a 0.3% increase in melee CA DPS.  So, 13.9% melee crit (8 points in Precision of Blades) would be an increase of 4.17% for melee CA DPS.  If your zonewide melee is 10% that would be a zonewide increase of 0.417%.

8 points in Obfuscation would give you an 8% increase in CAs used after either Stealth or Spy.  If those CAs (Sniper, Stealth Fire, Kunark Blade, and Combustion Strike) are 10% of your zonewide, that would be a .8% increase.  That "seems" pretty good. 

However, there is an issue calculating for Obfuscation.  I never use either Stealth or Spy to go to stealth in combat, which are the only 2 arts that Obfuscation works with.  Longblade is up every 10 seconds and I just use that to get off stealth attacks, because it does DPS while going to stealth and only take .37 seconds to cast.  With 8 points in Obfuscation, Spy takes .5 seconds and Stealth takes 1 second to cast.  The damage you do using Longblade is > .8% zonewide.  Coverage is even better, at an instant cast and 25.6% increase to the next art (at M1), so *when* you can get that off, it is really nice.

If Obfuscation worked with Longblade, I think it would be a no brainer to go Obfuscation.  However, since it doesn't, the Melee crit clearly benefits us more. 

QFE. Effidian, I think you and me are the crusaders for the Str line over Wis. We have been spouting the same stuff about the wisdom line for a long time. SMILEY

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote