View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #23
dbmoreland

Loremaster

Effidian wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Actually I was thinking the same thing only in reverse, adding your "no-trade rare drop" to mine, but either way is fine. Like you said both have about half of the items in common they really should be one list. How about we put the best "quested" and best "dropped" item (if there is a better dropped one) for each slot, that we everyone will be happy with one list?

Thanks Effidian (and everyone else) for these great lists. It makes life easier for the vast majority of the rangers out there.

I merged your list into this one.  They were very close.  A couple changes I made, let me know what you think.

1) I listed Cookie's Pig Sticker instead of Anaphylaxis, because I think it gives us more.  The STR on Aanaphylaxis is nice, but the crit and DPS on the pig sticker outweighs it.  I think anyway.

2) I left the Calcified Timber Longbow off the list, because the flimflam is much better and is a quest reward. 

I think that there is a lot of discussion on what is the best primary weapon, not the least of which is the great "does it proc on ranged" question. For now just leave the Pig Sticker on there. I haven't tested the Anaphylaxis vs the PS yet so I can't say for sure which is better.

The only reason I had the CTL on my list was because it is FAR supperior to the GBoB and I wanted to be sure Rangers upgraded to it at level 68 instead of using the GBoB all the way to 75. I made an exception for this slot (actually showing a level progression, rather than just one item) because of how important our bow is to us.

I like your additional catagories and in fact have used them to improve my Ranger. By the way that is what I like the most about playing a Ranger. The people behind the toons are some of the most helpful I have ever met and have helped me play my Ranger so much better since the day I started 3 years ago, and in fact help me to play Danean better and better every day.

The only other improvement I would suggest is changing over to EQ2WIKI for your item links. I find way too many errors on LootDB.

Thanks again for all of your help,

P.S. Could I ask the forum moderator to sticky this post please.

dbmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote