Crafting refined items

What cannot be refined:

• Handcrafted items
  • House items
  • Spells
  • Tinkered stuff & Ornaments
  • consumables (arrows, food, potions)

What can be refined:

• Mastercrafted items using roots, pelts, wood, hard ore, soft ore and gem as a rare
  • Weapons, Shields, Jewelry, Armor
  • Heroic and Raid Tradeskill assistant items
  • note: currently, a refined item cannot be imbued, blessed or experimented upon.

What does refining:

• Refining adds 10% to every green and blue stats of your weapon/armor/jewel
  • It doesn't change the weapon damage nor the armor rate
  • the following stats won't be affected by reforging: weapon skill, disruption, subjugation

Bugs :

• You need to manually choose the fuel, by clicking "choose" and then selecting, for example, "sparkling filament [refined]". It does the same if you try to imbue/bless a refined item.
  • Linking a refined item gives the not-refined link
  • Opening a refined item examine window closes a not-refine item examine window
  • Imbuing or blessing a refined item loses the refining applied
  • T2 refining doesn't add anything to 1H weapons and probably to nothing but 2 handers. Why not add a tad bit of stat boost?

So a couple of notes here.  As of my testing you can experiment on a raid crafted item that has been made with a refined component.  *does the happy dance* that actually makes some REALLY nice items.

When I spoke with Omougi on the stat boost from refinment he said it's supposed to be a 5 - 10% boost to the stats which would explain why the T1-T2 items aren't seeing a boost, there's not enough of the stat to actually make a difference.  Kinda sucks but TBH I don't know many who stay at thoes levels long unless they REALLY try to.

Also from talking to Omougi he said they were going to look into a way to prevent the refined mats from being used on items that they would not modify, AKA food/drink, pots, house items.  Though IMO using a refind mat should increase the status reduction of a house item but that's just my 2cp.

Edit:  I'm trying to finish up a last run of the sig line but when I'm done I'll try and get some pics up of the raid level crafted items with refining only and refining + experimentation

Arweena69 is offline   Reply With Quote