View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
Rijacki

Tester

Terrogaunt wrote:

Hey guys! We got some fantastic feedback from SOE Live. One of the things brought up was to add filtering into the tradeskill recipe page.

What would you guys like to see as filter checkboxes? So far, I was thinking of incorperating the "Hide Outleveled" that the merchant window has. Is there anything else that you guys think would be super useful?

Hide Outleveled would only be useful to someone who is only crafting for XP. Those who continue crafting after they've gained their levels (i.e. most of those who want better filters) don't do it for XP and craft for a variety of levels.

One thing I -hate- in the current filters is that it's used for every character that is used on that computer.This causes all sorts of wonkiness.

After I have set up a filter by books, if I use that filter on a character who is missing just one of those books it's completely changed for every other character and missing the book that character was missing forever more unless I actively redo the saved filter on a character that has all the books (and then it gets clobbered again..).

Filters by level are about the only reliable saved filter right now and even that one is a PITA because there is no way to selectively hide anything without specifically selecting each book (which then gets clobbered when used by a different character with different books).

There is no way to set up a filter by recipe names. You can do a search by names by each and every time typing in the name or a portion of it on the front of the book but nothing for it on the back with the filters.

There is no way to do a search or filter on recipes by ingredients either the primary or any of the rest.

The techinique and knowledge filters are semi-redundant. Each technique and knowledge match up as just the same thing by a different name. Both the technique and knowledge suffer for that, though, because most really don't relate well to the name of the class. As a few examples: Artificing, Artistry, and Arcana, which classes are those?

There is no way to do a search on the crafting station used.

There is no way to do a search on the type of item that's made.

There is no way to 'hide' one time use books.

There is no way to -easily- have a filter (that works consistantly every time no matter the character used) for holiday recipes.

And so on..