View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
RingleToo

Loremaster

I have a lvl 60 Dirge, and he solos just fine. Sometimes I do have to kite a tough mob, and a Dirge can kite nicely - as long as you're aware of your surroundings. But since you like kiting, you're already know the importance of knowing where you're at when you kite.

No, a Dirge won't solo as well as a Swashy which is one of the better soloing classes. (For soloing, Brigand might have the edge compared to the other scout classes). It's not really fair, though, to compare a Dirge to the other scout classes (except trouby), because the Dirge is designed to be a support class. And it's one of the best support classes in the game. (Probably the best for melee groups - but then I'm biased &nbspSMILEY.

However, having said all that, I spend most of my time soloing, and as long as I'm smart I rarely die. You really need to understand the Dirge's CAs and AAs - know what they do and when to do them. Tactics are always important with any class. However, sometimes with my Swashy I can jump in, hang the strategy and tactics, and just start killing everything around me and live. You're not going to be able to do that with a Dirge. You play smart, your Dirge is going to solo very nicely.

I think, anymore, that any class is going to have difficulty finding groups at lower level. A Dirge has the best chance, though, because every group will always take a Dirge. Everytime. But then, I'm biased.