View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

thephantomposter wrote:

"1.) Removing WF/Bgs at this point in time will kill the server."

This statement does not make any sense to me. I played well after both were implemented. PVP started dying when these came into affect. Openworld was killed by these 2 things along with fast travel. Things like mercs and mounts added more nails to the coffin.

The server is dead, removing these will take the people that want real pvp out of hiding and then those who left to blue servers will come back. Might even get some who cancelled their subs back too.

As it is, people will stay in BGs and WFs no matter what they do for open world which creates a pretty desolate world. You might as well be on a blue server. Naggy does not deserve the term "pvp" server.

Take away those choices!

The statement makes perfect sense.  People want things for free.  that is why currently Qeynos outmubers Freeport 10:1 at any WF.  Both during SF and now people have shifted between the PVP communities creating a very large population imbalance in numbers so they could get free welfare tokens and then come back at some later date.  The PVP servers had begun to decline long before WF.  Venekor remained dead for a long time loosing people to other games and blue servers were healthier populations afforded better raiding opprotunities.  

The Venny-Naggy-Vox merger and the subsequent WFs were a band-aid on already endemic issue - people were leaving pvp servers for other games and blue servers.  Alot of people went blue so they could raid and then "pvp" in BGs.  Many more left because "our" game was being completely ignored by the devs.  Closing  BGs and WF will not bring back players.  People have the option to open world pvp now.  I have seen 4 in several hours of roaming WL.  One with a merc, one duo team and 1 ranger that I had a decent fight with.

If people really wanted open world pvp they would choose to not que up and roam the open world.  People will go blue if these options are now removed.  You may not agree with me but that is far different from saying the arguement makes no sense.  shutting the main source of tokens off for people will not force the last few FP hold outs to come die repeatedly to 10:1 odds.  People will choose to go blue and very, very, very few people will remain here and then eventually fewer people will be here and the server will die.   

I certainly wish I were wrong but i do not see people coming back to Nagafen if these options are removed.  I know several that have stated they will leave the server as they enjoy interacting with the other servers in BGs as well as roaming the open world.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote