View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm finding this quest difficult, I'm determined to do it however though I am on my 5th or 6th attempt now.  Leave the 3rd scout (Mortimer) who is hidden between trees until last.  Hail him twice after killing the Orafic Shriekglom sucking him dry.  (If you look for those Shriekgloms with the purple line going down you will see the scouts).

Scout Mortimer is very naughty and causing me a lot of trouble.  I think another player came and hailed him when I killed the Shriekglom and then I was locked out of Mortimers battles though I am sure he was initially with me.  He also started attacking my Paladin Mercenary, and sometimes he runs about a lot so fast I can't tell where that pesky scout has gone, so for one reason or another I keep running out of time not far from the camp.  I'm going to spank that Dark Elfs behind when he's healed up, I swear!

*edit* I give up. Can't do it. Scout attacks everything that moves and some that don't.

The scout can be "stolen" by another player, which is very annoying.  Also, he takes the long way around back to the camp.  You more or less have to follow him, and help him fight every mob he can find along the way.  I think he is holding a grudge against the jungle or something.  I was finally able to get him back to camp with 3 seconds to spare.

Edit to add: Some kind of indication that you need to hail this scout a second time would be VERY helpful.  It's just not intuitive.

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote