View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Afista

Loremaster

So I finally started working on the actual castle to go along with many of the other Potter themed places I've done. My first attempt was pretty bad. I tried doing the whole castle in one zone and it ws lacking so much in content and detail. So, I decided to break up the project into multiple houses that can be finished over time in hopes to do each area a bit more justice.  So far, just the Entry Hall (portal hub) and the Dining Hall are complete, but I thought I'd share it now since it'll be forever before I finish the project as a whole.

Here's an overview of the portals currently set up off of the Entry Hall hub and where I hope to go with the project as it grows.

The Entry Hall

the entry hall staircase

looking back at the entry doors. House mascots on display to the sides. Please excuse the ugly "lion", maybe someday we'll have a realy lion plushie *crosses fingers*

one side on lower level. Stairs/portal down to kitchens and Hufflepuff common room. Statues of magical brethren and transfiguration. Display case holding replicas of Slytherin's locket and Ravenclaw's diadem.

Other side of lower level with stairs down to the castle dungeons, Slythering common room and potions class. Statues of magical figures in history and a display case holding replicas of Hufflepuff's chalice and Gryffindor's sword.

One side of the upstairs hall with entry door to the dining hall. This portal is currently open. Tunnel at end of hall with portal connection to the North Astronomy tower.

Other side of the upstairs hall with Quidditch memorabelia including house cup, ball sets, brooms, ring replica and pictures of legendary beaters and a seeker. Tunnel at end of hall leading to portal for the Second floor corridor to hospital and headmaster's office.

Exterior connection walkway with view of the extending castle. Part of the view that originally sold me on building here and why it takes a bit to load the zone.

The grand staircase tower with multiple portal connections off of it. Looking up.

Lower part of staircase with doors out to Herbology greenhouses.

One of the staircase landings has a portrait concealing passage to the Gryffindor common room. You'll need a password please to enter though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dining Hall

entering the hall

windows with little "H" for Hogwarts in center panes.

other side with fireplace

sorting hat waiting for you

the teacher's table

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote