View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #16
Deago

Loremaster

LadyMist wrote:

Deago wrote:

I do not care if people use mercs to afk exp. 

1.  You are paying the merc to kill for you..not like it is free soo if I pay you 200.00usd to sculpt my yard will you be angry if I am taking a snooze while your out in the hot sun? 

How can you compare gameplay with real life lol. Your still a player your still out there killing but your not snoozing on the spot your at work or off watching some movie while you break the tos that doesn't take a rocket scientist to read. And hwat of the lower guying payig his merc to hunt with him? thats money wasted cause mr afk merc bot set

2.  Rate of exp you get doing that is so slow compared to actual grinding it is lol

So is the rate you get your plat ingame but hey buying plat for the game is still against the tos too

3. SOE pretty  much wants us at 90 anyway so .....why would they really step in?  They know this is going on and I am sure knew it would prior to mercs anyway..

No Soe wants you to enjoy their game if you skip to the end your one of the ones most likely to leave the fastest. And no they don't know whats going on they cant police thousands of players. That's why people like me don't mind reporting people for breaking the tos. And if they didnt mind then why are these folks banned?

4. Does it really change your gameplay?  Quest mobs...maybe but even then most pop very quickly and only jerks would park a merc next to a named anyway.

Yes it affects peoples game play. More than one newbie or alt is going to roll through there for their updates. pft prolly a muter or two trying to work themselves up. This gam isn't played by 5 people

My take on it all.  I do not afk grind do to the fact it is so magoo and the feelings towards it is just terrible.

Mohee what is your reasoning behind why somebody should being banned for afk grinding?  Besides moral mess give us some facts.  Not arguing just trying to see where it is all coming from etc..

The reason is Its against the tos why dont you send in a /feedback to soe and ask them why its a rule not to. edit to post soe's take

[EQ2] Gaining Experience while AFK

Answer ID 17502   |    Published 06/19/2007 02:08 PM   |    Updated 06/18/2011 03:10 PM

Gaining Experience while AFK

Is it OK to gain exp while AFK?  No.   By taking advantage of (or exploiting) a game mechanic to advance a character with no input by the player, you are gaining an unfair advantage over others and are in violation of SOE policies.  Gaining experience while you are not at the keyboard is not intended gameplay and can result in disciplinary action taken upon your account.  Disciplinary action for unattended game play can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and permanent account cancellation (ban).  If you are playing a pet class and need to go AFK for an extended period of time (i.e. longer then a few moments), please make sure you are in a safe area away from where agro mobs wander or spawn. Please review the EverQuest II Rules of Conduct which includes the following: 12. You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest II and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest II. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command. You may also report any such bugs/exploits by submitting a customer service help ticket through our in-game petition process.

I can not argue with those legs.

Really can not argue if it is in the rule book however I can argue that SOE is making it very easy to break the rules.  It would be similar to telling a child you can not have pie and then bringing him to a bakery.