View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 08:55 AM   #4
Styk

No offense Moontayle but telling the OP to lighten up its just a game is way off base..... there are a bunch of people who have put a good amount of money ( i have spent total for this game about just over $1600.00 now that includes a whole new PC, collectors edition ,subscription fees, adventure packs ) and  have spent a good amount of time as well on their own character  development Now people like myself are  crossing our fingers hoping they dont "over balance"  it...... i know an adjustment was needed to be made with the class i chose but SoE has a track record with various games now of not "fixing " stuff but breaking stuff and takin forever to fix it to its previous operation...... So far the way they have handled this game is pretty mediocre ( i mean in all honesty i dont think EQ1 was meant to still be a more thriving game then eq2 but the latest research has shown that eq1 is back up to 500k+ active subscribers while eq2 cant even break 400k ) Now im about to spend more money on an expansion pack in a few weeks, in all due honesty it will be the only expansion pack i purchase for  this game if SoE doesnt start rethinking its strategy on who TRULY is their target market ( lets face it eq2 will NEVER be able to compete with the WoW market, they never intended to gun for the hardcores..... ) Many people like to say that the casual gamer is the lifeblood in this game... i would really like to see some research on that ( i mean as of July 05 ) in timeline because from what i have noticed these past several months is only the hardcores have survived in everquest 2 so far .... SoE what happen to makin this game revolutionary ? You have put in some new concepts so far like moving objects etc in instances ..... but really . I think your OVER utilization of instancing is what is making this game too artifitial... I dunno maybe it feels that way atm because their is a lack of physical zones oveall in the game ( expansions should solve that problem ) im hoping that is the case.... SOE you really need to find out WHAT IS YOUR TRUE MARKET BECAUSE I CAN TELL YOU THIS, COMPETING WITH WoW is gonna get you NO where because they created their own market..... NOW WHY DONT YOU CREATE YOURS   ......

Message Edited by Styker on 07-30-2005 09:58 PM