View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

The customer has the mats and is intending to effectively trade the materials for the item they are crafted out of. Yes, the mats are theirs, but they're intending, expecting, to 'lose' the mats in exchange for the item crafted.

The crafter has spent time and effort (I have no interest in getting into the debate about the relative merits/difficulty of tradeskill vs adventure leveling) to have a chance to NOT use the materials when crafting. It is the crafter's time/effort that makes it possible for the the results of crafting to be the crafted item AND it's components, rather then just the crafted item. The customer only expects the crafted item... that's what they're looking for.

Ok let me say the same thing to you in a different way from the perspective of a customer or potential customer.

I am a Crafter! I can craft your item! I am the man for the job! I only require that you pay XX for my services, provide the materials and if there are any left-over materials those are mine too. Sound fair? let's get started. 

Ok not bad right? seems reasonable....

Now a different approach

I am a crafter! I can craft your item! In fact, I have taken time to research my tradeskill to be able to provide the best job I can for you, I have scouered the land to find the best tools. Why I even have a chance to craft your item without using any materials! My normal fee is XX but I always accept tips should you decide you recieved exceptional service.

Which one would you go to?