View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #21
DiasTheLion

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

personally, I'd rather the bans then what happened with Chelsith.

people did this in chelsith too. mages/necros plopped themselves down by the big goo, whre all the little goos spawn ad infinitum...and afk/go to bed/ do whatever while thier pets leveled them. the result was every one of those goos and all those annoying floating goos no longer give xp.

there are spots now that people use a merc to do pretty much the same thing. rather then rewritting code to make those mobs not give xp, or goign back and redoing merc code so they can tell how long a time is an 'afk leveling' flag and then auto do all the things you suggest...they are banning the offenders instead. I'd rather then ban hammer then removing spots were I can xp grind with a merc while I'm actually there to help the kills go faster.

Definitely a good point, when i plvled in chelsith i found out those didn't give xp either.

Already i know that you get automatically flagged. All they need to do, is change the flagging to a /merc suspend/dismiss

With that done, the small-problem solves itself. There would still be a larger problem of people using other programs to handle stuff.

Same can be done for conjuror/necromancer pets. The pet will stop defending if the person goes AFK for to long.

Would probably cost SOE less to impliment this, than having GM's handling everything regularly. Since a fix is; once and done. I think the solution, is just to make it unpracticle to afk level with pets or mercs. Unsummon mercs, dismiss mercs, dismiss pets.

Even an autodeath would work. Still, there are programs that could avoid this, but those go way behind AFK leveling in the terms of what's against the rules. Botters can and should be banned indefinitely. Account and hardware ID. (IP bans are useless, very few ISPs have true static IPs, semi-static at best, in which a person can unplug the modem for an hour and come back with a new IP.)

You don't have to agree with me. After all, I can't force you to be right.

Freeport: Lynnfa, Derpina, Dorothy

DiasTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote