View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
Firam

General

CresentBlade wrote:

I am sure you will have people in your thread flaming for fear of title loss. They just need to remove titles all together, they are ruining the game. And the only defense the people hugging/hopping can come up with is that everyone must be jealous becuase they cant possibly get a title. I think its more like we dont care we just want pvp.

They just need to take all the title huggers and put them on their own little server where they can all run and hide from each other and stare at their pretty little title all day long, while the rest of us play the game.

i'd be overjoyed if they removed titles entirely.  however, that's been proposed before, and many times before, not to put too fine a point on it.. and SoE is afraid of losing customers.  which is why I offer this as the solution.  let people who choose to play outside the fame-game do so without affecting those who still wish to participate. this is so simple, yet so elegant.  how many people would switch to a PvP server, come back to PvP after quitting, or be prevented from quitting over the coming months/years, if they just didn't have to deal with the miserable effects that the title system has on the overall EQ2 PvP dynamic?  i'd bet my next paycheck that SoE would see a net gain of customers in the long term, and probably a substantial one at that. implement this and i bet within 3 months even the whiniest fame-brat would finally give in and lock their fame once they saw how it improved the game. then, once everyone is untitled and accepting of that playstyle, VIOLA!, SoE can non-intrusively remove this entire broken mechanic from the game and be done with it (and all the countless forum threads and customer dissatisfaction relating to it) forever! MLK once said: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. " you can paraphrase that with the relevant EQ2 terms and i think it fits beautifully here.