View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
fxdurand888

Loremaster

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AA improvements (since you are revamping AA anyways)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogue Tree

*Opportunistic Cover - I read notes that you plan to change this to no longer require a shield and give +2.5(or was it 2 I cant remember) DPS per rank.  This is almost the good fix for this skill, just one thing however, do not eliminate a potential play-style for the class.

Fix:

Add +2.5 DPS per rank when not using a shield.

Add +7.5 DPS per rank when using a shield.

This will allow those brigands who play there character in every single way to still gain the benefit from using a shield and increased dps when brig tanking.  Since you usually always add at least 2-3 of our aas to enhance our tanking ability, it would not make sense to go and take some of that away now.  I personally like the added functionality and feel like it adds a unique roll to my character.  Please do not do anything further to diminish or take that away.(more on this later)  Make my proposed fix and more like this in the future to make all brigands of all play styles happy.

*Swear - Keep the effect and turn it into a combat art that does decent AOE damage, or add a small amount of AOE auto attack per rank.

*Formation - With the massive increase to auto attack damage, using a shield in formation no longer provides a comparable increase in survival as it does a loss in DPS.

Fix:

Increase any combination of these things to a suitable amount for the dps loss: Increase mitigation of Formation 495 is laughable at this point (this bonus has not scaled well over the levels), increase block chance of Formation, it takes a lot to really see an increase in block chance since round shields have a low shield factor, increase health amount of Formation, or my favorite idea, but I think way to over powered; Formation additionally grants the use of Kite/Tower shields.

On the topic of our defense tree - When you revamped the wisdom tree you took away something very useful that I want back.  We used to get as one of the skills: Caster will Parry 10% of incoming attacks, attacks from all quadrants have the same chance of being parried.  This needs to find its way back into our AAs, and I think it should be split across AAs in the stamina line, since it IS for tanking after all.  Again I say: Since you usually always add at least 2-3 of our aas to enhance our tanking ability, it would not make sense to go and take some of that away now.  I personally like the added functionality and feel like it adds a unique roll to my character.  Please do not do anything further to diminish or take that away.

*Traumatic Swipe - For an end line AA skill... this move needs to hit harder.  At my +289% total potency I think a fair amount is: 5000-8000.  Also, if you could make it a point to not forget we have this skill and make it useful for all monsters; that would be a bonus.

*Avast Ye - Let ability modifier add to the damage portion of the CA.

Lunge Reversal - Refresh the effect every 5 seconds instead of 15.  If it does not work with block, it should.

*Remarkable Mobility - This seems like a very low return on MA per rank, correct me if I am wrong.  I would like to see it give 20 MA at rank 10.

Coule - This attack needs to deal more damage considering the long reuse.  At my +289% potency given the reuse, and other AA CAs of ours I think it should do: 7500-9000

*Thief's Prowess - If someone cared about hate enough to go down this line and they are getting attacked, it is already too late.  This AA needs a complete rework.  The only way I would say this AA should stay is if it causes a drop of target in PVP.  I have never speced this so I am not sure how it works in PVP… I do however seem to remember an update note saying that passive deaggro skills no longer work in PVP.  PVP is not my main play function on my brigand, but I would not ask that any change be made for those that do enjoy PVP as their main function and use this skill.  However, if I am correct that this has no value in PVP, then this skill needs to go.

Fix:

The int line doesn’t really have anything that awesome going for it, so lets try to change that.  Maybe make the AA give +1% trigger chance per rank.  Another option could be combat arts deal +0.5% damage per rank when used from behind.

More to be continued... 

fxdurand888 is offline   Reply With Quote