View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #59
Karilee

Lord

Arcturys wrote:

Karilee wrote:

Arcturys wrote:

I spent 15-20 minutes running around every single city (took 2 different toons obviously) trying to find the quest giver and never did.

Just as an aside, typing /who all guide will show you which zone the event giver is in, or at least it has for me in the handful of events that I've caught in the past week.  No need to run around blindly.

Problem is it's not guides doing this atm. In every way (except one) they appear to be normal players: blue name like all other players, no titles or tags to distinguish them from others. They only stand out because they (today anyway) are using a Santa Glug illusion, which of course I've never heard of being in the game. That's the only way I guessed it. From all other appearances, they look like a normal player. You could walk right by them without realizing it's a guide (and I did a couple times until I figured it out hehe).

True, but it eliminates the need to check multiple cities, which was the point I was trying to make.  (And the community relations people who have been kind enough to run these events for us DO show up under that "/who all guide" parameter, even if they aren't technically guides.)  It also yields a name to look for within that city, or to /target if there are a zillion people around.  With that narrowed down the rest is just a matter of following the context clues provided (in this case, the hint about the Frostfell tree).  It's really not as difficult as people are making it out to be.

Karilee is offline   Reply With Quote