Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #39
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

And you can look back into my posting history to see how far back I posted about it.  It's still new and you are switching back and forth in regards to what you are referencing.  Crash.txt has nothing to do with C:Crash.  Crash.txt was years for many years but never uploaded (as I priorly mentioned).  It included information such as shader leaks.  The files in C:Crash are from Recap which are automatically uploaded (as I priorly mentioned).  That clarify it enough for you?  I've handled both of your issues and the attempted moving of goalposts.

Recap and its functionality (Recap allows SOE to view auto-generated client crash logs which are automatically uploaded to the server) was announced in the middle of last year. No matter what way you try to spin it, automatic crash reporting is not new. Sorry, but I do not need to look at your "posting history", to tell you something over a year old, is not new.If recap was announced yesterday, or last week, maybe even a stretch to last month, I would have actually agreed with you.

Didn't refute anything I stated priorly.  Arguing for semantics and not constructively adding to the thread.

You claimed that EQ2's automatic crash reporting is new. I said "It is not new".  (read quote below)You tried telling me I am wrong. (read quote below)I provided statements and links to support my claims. I disagreed with what you said, and was able to provide justification for such. Something over a year old, is not new.

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Thankfully the new automatic crash reporter will help them track down and fix these bugs fasters (hopefully).

It is not new.

The one for EQ2 is (I was the first to mention it on the forums a while back with a warning about HDD space usage).  I believe you are thinking of the Windows Error Reporting system which has been around for years but the reports aren't going to SOE because they aren't paying the annual fees for it.