EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire (https://archive.eq2wire.com//index.php)
-   Tradeskill Discussion (https://archive.eq2wire.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2588)
-   -   tami swifthammer... a gift or a curse? (https://archive.eq2wire.com//showthread.php?t=522899)

Ardrek 10-11-2012 10:21 AM

<p>I just did the tami swifthammer quest chain and I started it with my crafting xp at roughly 12. The quests are relatively level 15 so all of her "challenging" items give great crafting XP. I finished the quest chain at a crafting level of 17. WOOT! Hardly had to make anything.</p><p>now the curse part, her quests don't give any crafting skill like</p><p>"you get better at whatever ( 29, 30 )" << everything is relatively easy to make at 99% of capacity</p><p>so Items that were "even" to make at a crafting experience of 12 are now stated to be very easy... but they aren't. They are very hard to make and I've figured out why.</p><p><p>"you get better at whatever ( 29, 70 )" <<< YOU CAN"T MAKE ANYTHING WITH <50% SKILL</p><p>stuff that was easy at 29,30 is now nearly impossible at 30,70</p><p>I curse you Tami</p></p>

CoLD MeTaL 10-11-2012 01:05 PM

<p><cite>Ardrek wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I just did the tami swifthammer quest chain and I started it with my crafting xp at roughly 12. The quests are relatively level 15 so all of her "challenging" items give great crafting XP. I finished the quest chain at a crafting level of 17. WOOT! Hardly had to make anything.</p><p>now the curse part, her quests don't give any crafting skill like</p><p>"you get better at whatever ( 29, 30 )" << everything is relatively easy to make at 99% of capacity</p><p>so Items that were "even" to make at a crafting experience of 12 are now stated to be very easy... but they aren't. They are very hard to make and I've figured out why.</p><p><p>"you get better at whatever ( 29, 70 )" <<< YOU CAN"T MAKE ANYTHING WITH <50% SKILL</p><p>stuff that was easy at 29,30 is now nearly impossible at 30,70</p><p>I curse you Tami</p></p></blockquote><p>Make lower level items to build that skill.</p>

Daryx 10-11-2012 07:23 PM

<p>Most of the crafting quest lines are like that; everyone makes the same items using the common abilities like geocraft instead of making crafting-class-specific items that use your normal crafting abilities. You'll find yourself having to play catch-up whenever you do those lines, especially when they give you a lot of experience (you can got from 80-92 doing the quests and never use your normal abilities for example).</p>

Keratis 10-25-2012 04:33 PM

<p>Yep its a pretty simple fix though.  Make a couple items and spam your reactions.  I usually gain 5-10 points off one craft if I spam the reactions.  You will be back up there (1 Rush Order?) in no time.</p>